Shaw open to move - GWS the nominated club of choice post #1927

Remove this Banner Ad

Who the hell is going to do the kick-ins now?? we're bad enough as it is but will be even worse if we lose our most skilled backman.

Well if a wealthy industrialist and philanthropist like yourself doesn't know, how the heck are plebs like us supposed to know.

If SHaw goes, then getting Adams is fair compensation.

I'd say Shaw is worth between picks 13-20. Coudln't possible go higher at his age.

Adams was a pick 13. In 2 years, he has justified himself as a pick 13, but not shown to be a top 10. I think his value remains the same.

If we end up with pick 11, then it would be like having picks 10,11 & 13 in my eyes. It also gives us more flexibility with picks 10 and 11 because we don't need to look for an inside mid...we can get 2 highly skilled outsiders...or maybe even take the punt early on Garlett!

If SHaw goes, then getting Adams is fair compensation.

I'd say Shaw is worth between picks 13-20. Coudln't possible go higher at his age.

Adams was a pick 13. In 2 years, he has justified himself as a pick 13, but not shown to be a top 10. I think his value remains the same.

If we end up with pick 11, then it would be like having picks 10,11 & 13 in my eyes. It also gives us more flexibility with picks 10 and 11 because we don't need to look for an inside mid...we can get 2 highly skilled outsiders...or maybe even take the punt early on Garlett!

Wouldn't be unhappy with this scenario... though I wish we took a punt on Garlett last year with one of our late picks.

Harry. He is a special case. Not a great example. The bust up was over something that didn't even involve him.

Shaw. See my previous post.

Dawes. He was told he was going to be traded and he cracked it. So what?
So our nreplacement proved sub-standard while Dawes looked good when able to play for Melbourne. We missed him from our forward set up. And all 3 free trades proved to be failures.

So Eddie, Bucks and one assumes Rocket and Pertie all have it wrong with Heater. Jmac 70 has the inside info and he thinks Heater should stay irrespective. I like where you'r coming from.

I am not saying that anyone has it wrong. I am simply voicing my disappointment that the parties involved could not work together to find a solution. I believe our side is better with Shaw in it and I don't think the answer is to trade him. I have also never said that I have any inside information, this is only my opinion. I don't mind if you disagree with me however there is no need to try and mock me. It just makes you look petty and small minded.

Agree with this. However, who do you think the Cats would be willing to trade?

Not really sure, we're not generally a club that likes to put players on the table unless they specifically ask to go, we like to keep things stable.

The only player I think who is likely to ask for a trade (at this stage) would be West, but I doubt Collingwood would see that as a need for them, and in any case we'd need to offer more than that.

I think he's probably likely to go up to Sydney nearer his brother.

Dawes was told that his spot in the team was not guaranteed (with the recruitment of Lynch) and then he cracked it and ask for a trade - either way I agree its got nothing to do with Bucks. Dawes should have had the balls to fight for his place like so many of our other players like Marley, Sinkers, Seedmans ,Martin etc.
Frankly a player that spits the dummy is not the guy that you can rely on when the going gets tough, its shows a distinct lack of mental toughness and resolve.
I get sick of telling posters who claim that Dawes spat the dummy and left of his own accord that he said himself that he was advised to look elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F**k Shaw! as soon as we don't look to be contenders he wants to quit, he's just not interested in trying to get the team back to that level.:thumbsdown:

Well hopefully we trade for a player, don't want to go full rebuild!

Heath Shaw for Taylor Adams(already good enough to be best 22)

Not really sure, we're not generally a club that likes to put players on the table unless they specifically ask to go, we like to keep things stable.

The only player I think who is likely to ask for a trade (at this stage) would be West, but I doubt Collingwood would see that as a need for them, and in any case we'd need to offer more than that.

I think he's probably likely to go up to Sydney nearer his brother.

Vardy? Or is he now earmarked to take over from JPod or Hawkins if his back continues to play up.

F**k Shaw! as soon as we don't look to be contenders he wants to quit, he's just not interested in trying to get the team back to that level.:thumbsdown:

Well hopefully we trade for a player, don't want to go full rebuild!

Heath Shaw for Taylor Adams(already good enough to be best 22)

Shaw has stated publicly that he wants to stay at Collingwood. Clearly there have been discussion with the club that have led him to agree to being traded. He has not quit.

I get sick of telling posters who claim that Dawes spat the dummy and left of his own accord that he said himself that he was advised to look elsewhere.

Totally agree. Shaw has been given the same talk that Dawes got.

Agree with this. However, who do you think the Cats would be willing to trade?
I think he would be great with us, I rate him as a player, we are also still internally rating ourselves a chance next season with a lot of our brigade in their early 20's like Duncan Christensen smedts Guthrie horlin smith caddy Kersten blicavs and even motlop to get better, as well as a fit Simpson And mcintosh in the ruck, as well as vardy with a full pre season.

We have bigger expectations for next year than this year, I think shaw could be the one missing link to cement our back line and ease the transition we will experience down there with enright and lonergAn close to retiring in a few years.

But I don't see much we could offer without hurting our stocks, we don't have a real surplus of anything that would be of interest, unless your keen on Trent west plus a pick?

I'm not sure what else could get done

Vardy? Or is he now earmarked to take over from JPod or Hawkins if his back continues to play up.

vardy's good at both, but realistically he will play more forward and maybe 2nd ruckman.

With Simpson, who they rate pretty highly as a 1st ruck, and now blicavs, westy will get squeezed out unfortunately.

As for Shaw, I think it will be up to him to work out where he wants to go to and then we'll all see what unfolds.

vardy's good at both, but realistically he will play more forward and maybe 2nd ruckman.

With Simpson, who they rate pretty highly as a 1st ruck, and now blicavs, westy will get squeezed out unfortunately.

As for Shaw, I think it will be up to him to work out where he wants to go to and then we'll all see what unfolds.

From an outsider's perspective, you guys seem to have a lot of big men that play forward/ruck that aren't getting a game. So I imagine there would be a surplus there and something we need to be able to push Reid back and give Grundy a rest during games.

Obviously certain players are still crying so they are out. Our motto has been side by side, Everyone expects it to only apply to the club doing right by the players, well ts a two way street.

You should ask Chris Dawes that. The bloke signed on for unders to stay with the Pies then was given the boot by Buckley after being played out of position all year. That was when we were a team, from the players to the administration. Now we are a rabble.

It's perfectly fine to throw up whatever names, just only replied because I wasn't sure if the poster was serious or not, he is probably one of our most important players now and is only 22. I don't think Geelong would even budge him for the no 1 pick

It's crazy sometimes how these sort of picks (#39 2008) can become such important players while top 10s fade into anonymity. Same as Swan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Shaw open to move - GWS the nominated club of choice post #1927

Remove this Banner Ad

Back