Shaw open to move - GWS the nominated club of choice post #1927

Remove this Banner Ad

CoreyBurnett1 said:
Any chance of Geelong swapping S.Motlop for Shaw?​

Why would a class act, like Geelong, put possibly the most exciting player in the league right now on the trade table?? Especially after years of injury rehabilitation. He's finally on the park, and lighting it up, let's trade him!! Possibly the most ridiculous suggestion i've ever read.

Corey, my old mate. As I said the other day, it's a long off season. Don't go changin'.
Keep typing everything that comes to mind.

You should ask Chris Dawes that. The bloke signed on for unders to stay with the Pies then was given the boot by Buckley after being played out of position all year. That was when we were a team, from the players to the administration. Now we are a rabble.
That's what you deserve for being nice.

You should ask Chris Dawes that. The bloke signed on for unders to stay with the Pies then was given the boot by Buckley after being played out of position all year. That was when we were a team, from the players to the administration. Now we are a rabble.

I'm not sure we are quite a rabble yet but the signs are not looking good at this stage.

if shaw is gone this year, what does this mean for dane swan in terms of his want to play on post end of next season. I mean is shaw leaves, he will pretty much be the only member of the 'rat pack' remaining at the club. I hope that does not push him into considering not signing on, cause he is till in ripper form .

Quite obviously we are rebuilding. I must confess I don't like what is happening at the club with the senior players all shafted, seemingly due to culture. I remember Ray and Tony Shaw well from their playing days. Now both Ray's boys look likely to be playing for other clubs.

I understand the club getting rid of players past their prime, like Jolly and Krakouer, but I regard Heath Shaw as integral to the heart and soul of the club. I am getting scared that Buckley is going to turn the team into a bunch of puritanical robots, which is fine if they win a premiership, I suppose, but not so good if we languish at the bottom for several years.

It's crazy sometimes how these sort of picks (#39 2008) can become such important players while top 10s fade into anonymity. Same as Swan.
From reading this thread, I can tell you already that collingwood supporters are no where near as feral and dillusional as hawthorn supporters! I have only read sensible realistic posts in here, go read anything of a similar nature on the hawthorn board ever, and it will be all talks of them getting your clubs superstars for their old fringe player bla bla, I think they should have the title of Ferrals well Nd Truly!! Yet the media keeps wanting to give it to collingwood... Definitely incorrect I say

There is O% respect for Buckley from the premiership players. He will never get that from them so they are now going.

Why should they respect him? He was given the job without going through a selction process. If he wasnt McGuires love child no way would he have been given the job under the circumstances he was. It really is farcical.

You dont fix something that aint broke. Look at Manchester United right now after Alex Ferguson left.

From an outsider's perspective, you guys seem to have a lot of big men that play forward/ruck that aren't getting a game. So I imagine there would be a surplus there and something we need to be able to push Reid back and give Grundy a rest during games.

We do yes.

Unfortunately have a lot of young quality key forwards/rucks and not so many young quality key defenders.

vardy's good at both, but realistically he will play more forward and maybe 2nd ruckman.

With Simpson, who they rate pretty highly as a 1st ruck, and now blicavs, westy will get squeezed out unfortunately.

As for Shaw, I think it will be up to him to work out where he wants to go to and then we'll all see what unfolds.

What do you think we'd need to add with Shaw to get Vardy, who i think is potentially a ripper if he's over his injuries.

I know it's not going to happen, just curious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong May need to get rid of a tall, they have Mcintosh, Simpson, Vardy, West, Blicavs and Hawkins can go into the ruck?

Quite obviously we are rebuilding. I must confess I don't like what is happening at the club with the senior players all shafted, seemingly due to culture. I remember Ray and Tony Shaw well from their playing days. Now both Ray's boys look likely to be playing for other clubs.

I understand the club getting rid of players past their prime, like Jolly and Krakouer, but I regard Heath Shaw as integral to the heart and soul of the club. I am getting scared that Buckley is going to turn the team into a bunch of puritanical robots, which is fine if they win a premiership, I suppose, but not so good if we languish at the bottom for several years.
Bucks is not doing this for laughs. He realises he needs to be successful to keep his job so he is going about the best way he sees fit.

Whether it is right or wrong will be proven, but there is no way we should be crticising bucks until we see the results.

This year wasn't good enough so he is trying to fix it.

I will support him until it proves to be wrong. For those asking, I give him full support until the end of next season. If we don't improve, his job is on the line.

Why should they respect him? He was given the job without going through a selction process. If he wasnt McGuires love child no way would he have been given the job under the circumstances he was. It really is farcical.

You dont fix something that aint broke. Look at Manchester United right now after Alex Ferguson left.

broken-record-003.jpg

Can you please elaborate on Buckley's poor treatment of Dawes. Would like to know. Thx.

Yes, the general direction (or perceived lack of it) at the moment is very concerning.

It was raised above.

Dawes was played in a position beyond him. He was a solid KPF in the premiership year who had limitations. When Leigh Brown retired, Buckley asked Dawes to play as a ruck / KPF with no experience in it at a junior or senior level.

His confidence was shot by a stubborn coach who refused to address the Leigh Brown role when he retired.

Dawes was a limited footballer but he was a fine clubman. He had the respect of the playing group. Football isn't all about Player X being superior to Player Y, it is full of intangibles that are hard to quantify. Sadly Buckley doesn't have the nous to recognise the disharmony he has created by treating these types like pawns.

Dawes was treated appallingly by Buckley. He was also a highly respected clubman & very good friends with Luke Ball and Harry.

It makes it hard to commit as a player when your coach, who is still learning on the job, is trigger happy with trading out players. It really is a clustersf..k - there appears no identifiable strategic plan, if you have an issue, we'll trade you. What a shit culture.

A man who couldn't mark the ball being given a contract on higher money at Melbourne was appalling treatment?

Jesus, imagine if the club was run by sops like you. Tearing up over providing mediocre players with a great opportunity. Imagine if you actually had to use your balls and make hard decisions?

It was raised above.

Dawes was played in a position beyond him. He was a solid KPF in the premiership year who had limitations. When Leigh Brown retired, Buckley asked Dawes to play as a ruck / KPF with no experience in it at a junior or senior level.

His confidence was shot by a stubborn coach who refused to address the Leigh Brown role when he retired.

Dawes was a limited footballer but he was a fine clubman. He had the respect of the playing group. Football isn't all about Player X being superior to Player Y, it is full of intangibles that are hard to quantify. Sadly Buckley doesn't have the nous to recognise the disharmony he has created by treating these types like pawns.

Don't entirely agree with you on this one. Think Dawes was stiff to have to fill the Brown role, but don't think his poor form was due to it. Dawes was off the boil ever since he hurt his hand in 2011. Apart from not being able to get the ball, he couldn't mark it and his kicking (which used to be very good) was terrible. Probably deserved another year to get his confidence back but in the end he wanted to go.

So, like many things, not as simple as being Buckley's fault. Was a combination of things. Shame though, as I would have still have preferred him to Lynch.

It was raised above.

Sorry but the facts are - when Lynch was recruited DAWES was told he could not be guaranteed a spot in the team - he then requested a trade.

Instead of putting his head and fighting for his spot - he chose the easy way out.
Thats hardly Buck' fault - which coach would tell a player that his spot is guaranteed in the team.

Let's not try and recreate history and paint Bucks as the villian at every opportunity.

"I think they should have the title of Ferrals well Nd Truly!! Yet the media keeps wanting to give it to collingwood... Definitely incorrect I say"

WOW....is it that obvious that even an opposition supporter can spot it? I think the media frenzy that follows the CFC and it's players is one reason why our players burn out a little earlier than other clubs. Maybe we need draft concessions or $$$ assistance in our salary cap to offset the rubbish that gets said about our players EVERY week of EVERY year. (obviously tongue in cheek)

I think we should also ensconce Swanny as our official team spokesman as he seems to be the only one that can (a) say everything and yet (b) say nothing all at the same time. He is a media master!!

Sorry but the facts are - when Lynch was recruited DAWES was told he could not be guaranteed a spot in the team - he then requested a trade.

Instead of putting his head and fighting for his spot - he chose the easy way out.
Thats hardly Buck' fault - which coach would tell a player that his spot is guaranteed in the team.

Let's not try and recreate history and paint Bucks as the villian at every opportunity.

Unless you were present at the meeting these are not facts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Shaw open to move - GWS the nominated club of choice post #1927

Remove this Banner Ad

Back