Sherman a Dog!

Remove this Banner Ad

so happy to have sherman, was one of my favourite non-bulldogs players :D is there any chance anyone could photoshop a pic of him in a bulldogs guernsey it would be greatly appreciated :D

I know he kicked a couple but a few yrs ago you would back him every time now his not a very good chance. But like i said. He butchers it and people love him. I love him to as his a good player but Shermans's field kicking isn't as bad as people make it out to be. If both he and griffen can get their goal kicking rader on then he will add alot.

So where does that leave Shaun Higgins then. both Sherman and Vezspremi play similar roles to what Higgins played last year, I'd love to see him get fit and well again and return to the form of last season, which had him touted as a future captain.

Same, one of my fav non dogs. his disposal isn't as bad as peoplle make it out to be.

With your spelling and grammar you're obviously starting from a low base. ;)

But seriously... don't go overboard here lads, highlight reels are one thing, but there'd be a lot, lot more on the reels of when he's missing, and butchering it. Often has terrible vision and horrible disposal to teammates when he does see them.

The Lions said they wanted to "Work to restore alignment or create more connection between our list’s performance and our Total Player Payments". With Brennan on 650K at GCST (more like 450K with us) and Sherman on 400K :eek: in his last year with us, it was pretty clear what he was getting at.

Don't expect too much lads.... reading this thread you're all expecting a fair bit from him. Don't want to see you let down again like you were with Aker in his last year. ;)

I would suggest there are a few in this thread telling themselves "whatever they need to hear", rather than myself. I've watched the guy in every game for the last few years, I doubt anyone on this board has.

That is fair comment but to come on to an opposition board and run down a player that has just been traded into a club is not exactly good form. You may think you are just being honest but sometimes it is better to just let people enjoy the moment.

That is fair comment but to come on to an opposition board and run down a player that has just been traded into a club is not exactly good form. You may think you are just being honest but sometimes it is better to just let people enjoy the moment.

Not running him down so much as saying, "Steady on doggies fans, he ain't as good as you're making out here".

Just be ready to be incredibly frustrated by him, as well as occasionally thrilled.

But seriously... don't go overboard here lads, highlight reels are one thing, but there'd be a lot, lot more on the reels of when he's missing, and butchering it. Often has terrible vision and horrible disposal to teammates when he does see them.

The Lions said they wanted to "Work to restore alignment or create more connection between our list’s performance and our Total Player Payments". With Brennan on 650K at GCST (more like 450K with us) and Sherman on 400K :eek: in his last year with us, it was pretty clear what he was getting at.

Don't expect too much lads.... reading this thread you're all expecting a fair bit from him. Don't want to see you let down again like you were with Aker in his last year. ;)

That wouldn't be fun to watch :(.

Also, boydsno1, I dont know where you are getting your idea that Griffen was a bad shot at goal this year. He kicked 23 goals, thats averaging a goal per game. He only kicked 12 behinds as well. Thats a pretty good conversion rate when most of his shots are outside 50m

Thanks for the info, duritz. Is sherman one way traffic, or does he use his speed defensively as well?

Should lay more tackles for a bloke with his pace. Gives away too many frees and his tackles don't "stick" enough. Can't remember the last time I saw him run an opposition player down from behind unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same, one of my fav non dogs. his disposal isn't as bad as peoplle make it out to be.

Don't say it too loudly, the amount of doom and gloom posts I've read about our trading period on this board is a joke.

Very happy with Veszpremi, Djerrkura and especially Sherman.:thumbsu:

Why do you even care anymore? Sherman is ours.

Personally, I would worry more about what is going to happen with your footy club and how they're going to remove themselves from the deep **** they now find themselves in.

Brisbane are screwed. Their best players are all beyond their years. Their next best players are all incredibly injury prone. Sure they have a few good kids, but all teams have at least a few good kids.

Sherman couldn't perform well consistently for a consistently rubbish performing side. He performed well in 2009 when his team was performing well, so there's no doubt he's only going to play well when the Bulldogs are performing well. Fortunately for us we have a much better list than Brisbane, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Cone on guys, he was just giving his appraisal of a player.

No he wasn't, he was being a smart****.

Perhaps the reason Sherman didn't play all that well towards the end up in Brisbane was because of the environment.

Fevola, coaches and players leaving en masse, it's hardly condusive to good footy is it?

Alignment of player payments and list performance....translation..."How are we going to afford Fev's massive salary". By getting rid of some key players...that's how. Total ballsup by Brisbane. :D

Don't say it too loudly, the amount of doom and gloom posts I've read about our trading period on this board is a joke.

Why do you say that? The majority of posts that I have read about our trading period has been incredibly positive.

The idea of a forum is that you have people giving their individual opinions on a topic. That is how people learn. When it gets to the point that posters are railroaded into giving the same opinions as others to avoid confrontation then the whole point of a forum becomes null and void. You may as well just have a blog. As long as posters arn't personally abusing players or other related stuff then I am all for people having different opinions :)

Why do you say that? The majority of posts that I have read about our trading period has been incredibly positive.

The idea of a forum is that you have people giving their individual opinions on a topic. That is how people learn. When it gets to the point that posters are railroaded into giving the same opinions as others to avoid confrontation then the whole point of a forum becomes null and void. You may as well just have a blog. As long as posters arn't personally abusing players or other related stuff then I am all for people having different opinions :)

I agree. Perhaps I have rose-coloured glasses on.

I am looking forward to watching Sherman and Veszpremi in the red, white and blue next year.

I couldn't be happier with our trades and to get Wallis and Liberatore was the absolute icing on the cake.:thumbsu:

Not running him down so much as saying, "Steady on doggies fans, he ain't as good as you're making out here".

Just be ready to be incredibly frustrated by him, as well as occasionally thrilled.

Have seen every Lions game for the last few years as well (unfortunately a downside of living in QLD), so I think the optimism is justified. Have seen a lot of him. He's a solid young player who finished 2nd in your best and fairest a couple of seasons back. His game has a couple of areas to work on, but he'll be given every opportunity to deliver in the midfield.

Plenty of upside... great pickup.

Can't blame him for wanting to leave Brisbane :D

Good player who I really wanted us to draft. He's in the mould of Andrew Lovett, an explosive outside running goalkicking midfielder. Should play well in a Top 4 team.

Very excited to have him at the Dogs, he is exactly what we needed. Now we don't have to just rely on Cooney and Griffen for the spark and run. Good addiction, i say!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sherman a Dog!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back