Ship X Player out (because I said so)

Remove this Banner Ad

No, just a realist.

I hope you have enjoyed our loss over the weekend - if losses stink then apparently you enjoy it :thumbsu:
Bullshit.

I have been angry and annoyed with our performance and have hgilighted the specifics of such over the course of the weekend. Feel free to have a look.

At no point though have I reverted to insulting my fellow posters because they disagree with my point of view or made generically racist comments about any of of our players.

Pull your head in.

Have only followed this thread through as it's unfolded, bot no one has stated "trade goldy for 2nd rounder" or same with the taz suggestions. We are ****ing 12th people, 12th!
Yeah nah lets change nothing, things are about to turn, wtf?
We need to make some brave calls to improve the list. Everyone expecting LMac to come in and be the solution are kidn.
Like Garner this year, he will play 2's next year. If he doesn't be will be like JZ or Cunners, works in progress. He ain't gunna come in and dominate, just won't happen. The 1% chance of this happening we are all pinning our hopes on, but any suggestions to look at making courageous trade time moves are met with total surprise and disdain.
Hilarious.
We are 12th, with the defensive mechanism of a house plant. Yeah we will be top 4 next year! Ffs.

Have only followed this thread through as it's unfolded, bot no one has stated "trade goldy for 2nd rounder" or same with the taz suggestions. We are ****ing 12th people, 12th!
Yeah nah lets change nothing, things are about to turn, wtf?
We need to make some brave calls to improve the list. Everyone expecting LMac to come in and be the solution are kidn.
Like Garner this year, he will play 2's next year. If he doesn't be will be like JZ or Cunners, works in progress. He ain't gunna come in and dominate, just won't happen. The 1% chance of this happening we are all pinning our hopes on, but any suggestions to look at making courageous trade time moves are met with total surprise and disdain.
Hilarious.
We are 12th, with the defensive mechanism of a house plant. Yeah we will be top 4 next year! Ffs.
I think we have the tools, but we don't have the systems in place or they don't follow those systems closely enough for periods. That said I don't want to trade one of our best 22 unless it provides us with a discernable advantage. Bringing Ryan Griffen in is not going to fix our poor setup at stoppages, it is not going to fix our defensive running from one stoppage to the next. Neither is trading out Goldy or Taz.

I think we have the tools, but we don't have the systems in place or they don't follow those systems closely enough for periods. That said I don't want to trade one of our best 22 unless it provides us with a discernable advantage. Bringing Ryan Griffen in is not going to fix our poor setup at stoppages, it is not going to fix our defensive running from one stoppage to the next. Neither is trading out Goldy or Taz.

TO me that sounds like on field leadership and maturity.

Stuff where the fix is time.

Bullshit.

I have been angry and annoyed with our performance and have hgilighted the specifics of such over the course of the weekend. Feel free to have a look.

At no point though have I reverted to insulting my fellow posters because they disagree with my point of view or made generically racist comments about any of of our players.

Pull your head in.

If you don't agree just say it. Not rocket science.

I have no idea what you going on about otherwise, so best idea to ignore it.

The thread is (now was, thanks to mods) about trading Tarrant, and I maintain it is a good idea looking at our list and lack of Taz development.

He's shouldering it on his own becuase he wants to, he's a selfish motherf*****. Trade Goldy to the Hawks for Suckling and go after Cooney or Thomas with a free agency offer. Trade Tarrant at the same time to the WB who need a forward, then Currie and Majak can share the ruck load. we maintain our 3 tall forwards, whislt playing a back up ruckman at the same time
Piss off troll.

The thread is (now was thanks to mods) about trading Tarrant, and I maintain it is a good idea looking at our list and lack of Taz development.

It's still about that its just housed in a way that keeps it with other misguided trades.

Taz is contracted, has steadily improved (despite your assertion otherwise).

Needs a good 8 weeks playing in the 1's with Black. They are going to make a very good forward line.

Should not have played sore.

If you don't agree just say it. Not rocket science.

I have no idea what you going on about otherwise, so best idea to ignore it.
Playing the straight man now I see.

Righto...

TO me that sounds like on field leadership and maturity.

Stuff where the fix is time.
Watching the game from the stands it is obvious what some of our issues are an on field leadership is certainly one. So is maintaining a defensive mindset for 4 quarters, for every player on the ground. For example, in the 20 minute run in the third there were a number of occasions where Carlton players won a stoppage and booted the ball to another stoppage. Blues players would stream from one stoppage to the next with our guys trailing, thus giving them advantageous numbers at the next stoppage.

This is an example of some of the shit that is killing us over and over and it is freaking frustrating that it is not being fixed.

It's still about that its just housed in a way that keeps it with other misguided trades.

Taz is contracted, has steadily improved (despite your assertion otherwise).

Needs a good 8 weeks playing in the 1's with Black. They are going to make a very good forward line.

Should not have played sore.

He might have improved, but nowhere near the level expected.

So you are suggesting Scott made the wrong call? (again)

How can he play 8 weeks in a row when he is either;
a) injured, or
2) out of form?

Watching the game from the stands it is obvious what some of our issues are an on field leadership is certainly one. So is maintaining a defensive mindset for 4 quarters, for every player on the ground. For example, in the 20 minute run in the third there were a number of occasions where Carlton players won a stoppage and booted the ball to another stoppage. Blues players would stream from one stoppage to the next with our guys trailing, thus giving them advantageous numbers at the next stoppage.

This is an example of some of the shit that is killing us over and over and it is freaking frustrating that it is not being fixed.

We are a team of elements

we are good defensively when switched on, we can score, we can smash the contest.

What we have been unable to do is string all those things together when they are needed. We are learning. we aren't making finals this year, we will improve again over the summer, likely have a more even draw, and play finals next year. Possibly big finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough BTron. I think our system is fundamentally flawed.
Goldy drops the ballsy his feet, repeatedly, thus allowing swallow, JZ and Cunners to win the ball in close. This allows other teams to rely on this, they can then commit 2 to that contest, with either an outside runner or outside defender.
We win the clearance but to no one a lot of the time.
I believe if we stuck a more bash and crash type ruckmen in there, there is less need to have all 3 clearance machine midfielders in there around the stoppage, we could set up better defensively and attacking wise.
We also get **** all contested marks out of goldy which I think is a massive issue/problem with our game plan, meaning we are either setting up again for a stoppage or watching the ball get pumped back in.

He might have improved, but nowhere near the level expected.

So you are suggesting Scott made the wrong call? (again)

How can he play 8 weeks in a row when he is either;
a) injured, or
2) out of form?

Who expected?

Yes Scotts selection was baffling. I said before the game he shouldn't play if sore.

Form has not been an issue this year.

Injury is a concern, but he has shown enough that tells me he should stay.

We are a team of elements

we are good defensively when switched on, we can score, we can smash the contest.

What we have been unable to do is string all those things together when they are needed. We are learning. we aren't making finals this year, we will improve again over the summer, likely have a more even draw, and play finals next year. Possibly big finals.
Here's the thing, I'll believe it when I see it. It may not happen.

I'd just like to point out that in the 3rd qtr when Carlton had their run on LT had 1 kick, which he got in the goal square as a result if everyone else's hard work. His first half was great but if there is one player that highlights how we are front runners its LT. I've pointed out before how is forth qtrs in case we have lost have been poor and again on Friday he went missing. You'd think that if he couldn't get a kick he would have at least laid a tackle. Very strange for someone that bleeds blue an white and wins games off his own boot!

Fair enough BTron. I think our system is fundamentally flawed.
Goldy drops the ballsy his feet, repeatedly, thus allowing swallow, JZ and Cunners to win the ball in close. This allows other teams to rely on this, they can then commit 2 to that contest, with either an outside runner or outside defender.
We win the clearance but to no one a lot of the time.
I believe if we stuck a more bash and crash type ruckmen in there, there is less need to have all 3 clearance machine midfielders in there around the stoppage, we could set up better defensively and attacking wise.
We also get **** all contested marks out of goldy which I think is a massive issue/problem with our game plan, meaning we are either setting up again for a stoppage or watching the ball get pumped back in.
Apart from the facetious undertone, terrific post.

Here's the thing, I'll believe it when I see it. It may not happen.

Understandable.

I am a bit in the same boat. I trust that there are enough competitors and professionals in our team that are going to drag us up if required.

It's going to come from blokes like Jack and Ben.

I'd just like to point out that in the 3rd qtr when Carlton had their run on LT had 1 kick, which he got in the goal square as a result if everyone else's hard work. His first half was great but if there is one player that highlights how we are front runners its LT. I've pointed out before how is forth qtrs in case we have lost have been poor and again on Friday he went missing. You'd think that if he couldn't get a kick he would have at least laid a tackle. Very strange for someone that bleeds blue an white and wins games off his own boot!
He's forward pocket a goal sneak. If he's placed in the square how the hell is he able to apply defensive pressure in the forward line.

Trading Tarrant or Goldy is not a smart move. If Currie goes down you've got Majak or Mabon left, who need time to develop. Tarrant has only played around 50 games, he's clearly going to replace Petrie in 2-3 years, can't rely on Majak or Tom Curran to fill that spot as they need to develop and get over injuries. Give Goldy a rest or more rotations and he'll actually be fresh enough to make it to a contest.

Who expected?

Yes Scotts selection was baffling. I said before the game he shouldn't play if sore.

Form has not been an issue this year.

Injury is a concern, but he has shown enough that tells me he should stay.

Considering his draft position I don't think our recruiters expected a dud. He might not be that, but even so not much better. Plus he has cost us massively while constantly in rehab, which is why I said Hamish should be traded and again howled down.

If he was "sore", as you claim (maybe rightly), then he shouldn't have played. Another black mark against our genius coach.

If he stays fine. I just think we can use him as trade bait to get what we need - we have enough talls and are in a privileged position and should take advantage of that.

So you would trade a proven performer over the Ken doll that has done SFA?

I hope you are right mate, Taz might be 43 until that happens, but OK.

Only because I don't rate the ruck position that highly (unless you're Corey McK) and I think Daw and Currie could do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ship X Player out (because I said so)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back