should collingwood merge?

Remove this Banner Ad

snapper28

Debutant
Aug 21, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just a thought, the team has only won one grand final in 50 years, no one likes them, they could either merge or just fold. Im sure public support would be strong for the fold option. No other team deserves that even essendon.

In the spirit of the Spring Carnival.

Odds of being considered a good poster - 1000/1
Odds of this thread remaining - 100/1
Odds of getting abused - 2/1 on
Odds of being considered an idiot - No more bets

Bigfooty is the place to bait or rip opposition clubs but at least try to be imaginative whilst doing so. I would give this attempt a pathetic rating. :thumbsdown:

15a-Wind-tumbleweed.jpg

Collingwood to be merged into Port Adelaide, a la Bisbane and Fitzroy. Out of respect Port would then be known as the Port Adelaide Magpies and play in Black and White. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Old Dark Navy's said:
In the spirit of the Spring Carnival.

Odds of being considered a good poster - 1000/1
Odds of this thread remaining - 100/1
Odds of getting abused - 2/1 on
Odds of being considered an idiot - No more bets

Odd's of him gaining resepect - late scratching

snapper28 said:
Just a thought, the team has only won one grand final in 50 years, no one likes them, they could either merge or just fold. Im sure public support would be strong for the fold option. No other team deserves that even essendon.

Yes - we should merge with Brisbane, be located in Melbourne, play at the MCG, be called Collingwood, play in a black and white strip, and have a small lion 25mm in height on the top of our socks.
Eddie should be president, J Brown our Vice Capatain, and the three flags would be recognised as Collingwood flags.

Brisbane's name should be obliterated from the AF history books.

A great idea - I like it. :thumbsu:

I think the idea of a Collingwood/Port Adeladie merger that someone mentioned is a brilliant idea on one proviso. Choco and Malthouse have to be made joint coaches and the players have to vote between Buckley and Tredrea as captain. That would breath some life into footy.

snapper28 said:

Stupidest thread i have ever seen. Why would the richest Victorian club merge because no one likes them? They are doing something right if no one likes them. Clubs merge because they don't have the resources to continue in the AFL. I think the sun has got to ur brain mate.

The Magenius said:
WTF ??

Nobody would ever want to merge with Collingwood, what were you thinking stimpy ??

Yeah !!!
Why would any club want state-of-the-art training facilities, multiple million dollar profits, Massive sponsorship, member & support bases is beyond me !

Yes, merge with Melbourne and Carlton and call the new club Melbourne United. Scrap all history from all clubs and start afresh, new colours, based out of Lexus Centre, hopefully fans don't take to it and get a life outside of footy instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

should collingwood merge?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back