should collingwood merge?

Remove this Banner Ad

Plogs said:
Yeah !!!
Why would any club want state-of-the-art training facilities, multiple million dollar profits, Massive sponsorship, member & support bases is beyond me !
At the risk of making a serious comment what makes you think a merged Collingwood would retain its supporters and therefore it's corporate support? Frankly I think a merged Collingwood mean no more Collingwood. To assume Collingwood supporters would transfer allegiance is ignorant of why Collingwood are what they are with out premierships in recent decades. Besides, who would run the club after the board were assassinated?

snapper28 said:
Just a thought, the team has only won one grand final in 50 years, no one likes them, they could either merge or just fold. Im sure public support would be strong for the fold option. No other team deserves that even essendon.
I think I have now seen it all. :thumbsdown:

MarkT said:
At the risk of making a serious comment what makes you think a merged Collingwood would retain its supporters and therefore it's corporate support? Frankly I think a merged Collingwood mean no more Collingwood. To assume Collingwood supporters would transfer allegiance is ignorant of why Collingwood are what they are with out premierships in recent decades. Besides, who would run the club after the board were assassinated?

Because i ASSUME that because of this support, The Collingwood "brand" would be retained in more of it's current form than the other club.
Stop being so serious mate !

I thought Collingwood merged with entity that is Eddie Mcgiure a few years ago

Or was it a corporate takeover !!!!!!

Collingwood supporters tell us they are the best supported side in Australia, well send them to Sydney as 2nd side; if they are as big as they say they are, they'd fit in perfect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

snapper28 said:
Just a thought, the team has only won one grand final in 50 years, no one likes them, they could either merge or just fold. Im sure public support would be strong for the fold option. No other team deserves that even essendon.
Total FUC* WIT!

Stupidest post I have ever read. Crawl back into your box.

Pie 4 Life said:
Total FUC* WIT!

Stupidest post I have ever read. Crawl back into your box.

Come on now, its just a suggestion. Why is everyone so against it? Ok then another suggestion is that the team relocate to Sydney. The Western Sydney Magpies they could be called with some AFL assistance a premiership could be a real chance. The supporter base would also be huge and with the option of wearing a home sydney jumper and a home melbourne jumper. Maybe that makes more sense than a merger.

snapper28 said:
Come on now, its just a suggestion. Why is everyone so against it? Ok then another suggestion is that the team relocate to Sydney. The Western Sydney Magpies they could be called with some AFL assistance a premiership could be a real chance. The supporter base would also be huge and with the option of wearing a home sydney jumper and a home melbourne jumper. Maybe that makes more sense than a merger.

Nah, I've got a better one.

Move Brisbane back to Fitzroy

1jasonoz said:
Collingwood supporters tell us they are the best supported side in Australia, well send them to Sydney as 2nd side; if they are as big as they say they are, they'd fit in perfect.
We'd have more supporters than the Swans...

Count Zero said:
Collingwood to be merged into Port Adelaide, a la Bisbane and Fitzroy. Out of respect Port would then be known as the Port Adelaide Magpies and play in Black and White. :D
lol good one

Murray said:
Yes - we should merge with Brisbane, be located in Melbourne, play at the MCG, be called Collingwood, play in a black and white strip, and have a small lion 25mm in height on the top of our socks.
Eddie should be president, J Brown our Vice Capatain, and the three flags would be recognised as Collingwood flags.

Brisbane's name should be obliterated from the AF history books.

A great idea - I like it. :thumbsu:
This would be the only hope Collingwood has of adding more trophies to the cabinet

Remove this Banner Ad

should collingwood merge?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back