Should footy fans be concerned about Dustin Martin?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think footy fans of 16 clubs should be very worried about Dustin, he's going to tear a few teams a new rectum this season.
unless the off field stuff impacts on his onfield performance?

That's what Newman was getting at.

By the way, which club shouldn't be worried about him?

There you go!
Criminal activity covered up by Richmond supporters.
I simply asked if he was a Bikie and you jump to the defence of Bikies?

There you go!
I simply asked if he was a Bikie and you jump to the defence of Bikies?
Where did you hear he was a bikie?

Have you heard of Bay 13? Its the place just for you!
Why? Whats the difference when a poster asks if a player has a bikie as a Father, how is that relevant?

And backs it up with

His question and reply was bay 13 quality like this entire thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How has this thread got to 9 pages - Nothing story and not main board worthy - For heavens sake there are Dustin Martin's in every club.

I wonder if Lance is related to UTG ?

I honestly think the kid is not far away from real trouble. He can play footy, no doubt, but he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer and he needs to develop a meaningful life outside of playing footy. If he doesn't I'd say things could get bad for him, which would be a shame.

I honestly think the kid is not far away from real trouble. He can play footy, no doubt, but he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer and he needs to develop a meaningful life outside of playing footy. If he doesn't I'd say things could get bad for him, which would be a shame.

Why is that? What has he been doing lately that disturbs you so much to post this?

i wonder if this supposed stern talking too was just a kindly reminder before the break ' now remember to keep yourself nice over the break' sort of talk. its probably just as likely than anything else.

Why is that? What has he been doing lately that disturbs you so much to post this?
AS you well know he was involved with popping pills during last season and was party to one player being sacked from the club. There have been at least 3 reports that can I can remember since the end of last season where Hardwick and others at the club have publicly stated their concern for Martin and his inability to handle the "down time". If that doesn't ring alarm bells to you then fine, but if there was a player at my club being talked about in this manner I'd be concerned.

AS you well know he was involved with popping pills during last season and was party to one player being sacked from the club. There have been at least 3 reports that can I can remember since the end of last season where Hardwick and others at the club have publicly stated their concern for Martin and his inability to handle the "down time". If that doesn't ring alarm bells to you then fine, but if there was a player at my club being talked about in this manner I'd be concerned.

And what were these three?

And "popping pills?' Get real.

I don't have any intelligence on what the issue is. Running with scissors at home? Keith Richards Mk II?

Sounds like they are riding him pretty hard. If he's really pushing the envelope then that'd be disappointing and you'd wonder what it'd take to sink in. I saw him last week and he was looking super. Up all night or lots of extra work and a focus on diet? Dunno

I wouldn't rule out trading him, though I do expect him to have an excellent year. His output really dropped away in secon halves last year. If he is as fit as he looks, he's a real chance to become a very special player

He's no Einstein, but he gets and kicks footy good

Seems to be a hell of a lot uneducated, ill informed posting here on this topic. Surely if the problem was so big it would be reported by the always respectable journalists form the Herald Scum and such. Oh wait same thing.

And what were these three?

And "popping pills?' Get real.
One for a start in the OP, can't be bothered finding the others. You know as well as I do he's been getting up to no good. I'm not out for his blood, I like watching him play, as I'm sure you do. He's got all the makings of a bloody good footballer.

Where there's smoke there's fire. I hope he sorts his shit out before he gets into trouble is all I'm saying.

One for a start in the OP, can't be bothered finding the others. You know as well as I do he's been getting up to no good. I'm not out for his blood, I like watching him play, as I'm sure you do. He's got all the makings of a bloody good footballer.

Where there's smoke there's fire. I hope he sorts his shit out before he gets into trouble is all I'm saying.

firstly it wasn't pills that he was consuming that night.

secondly his dad is in fact a bikie. he is what you call an 'enforcer'.

finally he is still a kid. he just needs to find a hobby or passion outside of football or better yet a serious girlfriend.

im more concerned about the young cubs at the club who look up to young dusty. i just hope they dont follow a similar path in regards to his off field antics. one player in particular look to be well on his way which is concerning. when dustin first came to the club a few boys (ones who are no longer at the club) took him under their wings and introduced him to the party scene and he has never looked back. does enjoy a good night out young dusty..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back