List Mgmt. Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We gave Jon flipping ceglar 3 years , smith averaged 20 touches this year, one of the highest for wings this season. Hasn’t lost any speed and is a great leader. Give him 3 years hawks... age doesn’t matter for him as he started late so he hasn’t got the normal miles in the legs as other 30 year olds. If ceglar who hasn’t done any where near as much as smith has done for us, can get 3 years then smith is more then deserving of 3 years.

We gave Jon f*n ceglar 3 years , smith averaged 20 touches this year, one of the highest for wings this season. Hasn’t lost any speed and is a great leader. Give him 3 years hawks... age doesn’t matter for him as he started late so he hasn’t got the normal miles in the legs as other 30 year olds. If ceglar who hasn’t done any where near as much as smith has done for us, can get 3 years then smith is more then deserving of 3 years.
Arguably he has got more than the normal miles in the legs as he runs more than anyone else. 3 years is too many.

Outrageous that list sizes and TPP have still not been finalised.

This is incredibly poor by the AFL
It was outrageous two weeks ago.

God knows what adjective you could use now...

We gave Jon f*n ceglar 3 years , smith averaged 20 touches this year, one of the highest for wings this season. Hasn’t lost any speed and is a great leader. Give him 3 years hawks... age doesn’t matter for him as he started late so he hasn’t got the normal miles in the legs as other 30 year olds. If ceglar who hasn’t done any where near as much as smith has done for us, can get 3 years then smith is more then deserving of 3 years.

Don't think you should swear at a bloke or about a bloke. He's trying his best. It's a sport for fun and enjoyment for players and fans.

Chill.

If, and this is a big IF - Lewis, Kosi and Jeka take the next step, then we potetially have our key position stocks for the next 5-10 years.

I know none of them have set the world on fire to date (especially Kosi and Jeka who have very recently been recruited), but we must persevere with them as much as possible. We can deal with the midfield and flanks much easier once we set up the bookends.

Spot on! Sure up the spine and we have a stable foundation for years to come. Most guy's in that side have already had the exposure.
The wraps are huge on Jeka I'm looking forward to seeing him.
M.L needs a big Preseason to get stronger in the contest 🙏.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most guy's in that side have already had the exposure.
The wraps are huge on Jeka I'm looking forward to seeing him.
M.L needs a big Preseason to get stronger in the contest 🙏.
Yeh I'm hoping the shoulder is back to normal pretty soon & he can smash this off/pre-season.

I think it's been reported that Dees have a 3 year offer in front of him.
Jordan Lewis may have thrown it up on Fox Footy as a bit of a cheeky barb, but that's the extent of it.
Wright is on record as recently as 10 days ago (on SEN) saying Breust Gunston and Smith leaving is simply not on the cards.

If Smith does leave and he nets us a second round compo pick, this could be key to trading into a second pick in the first round. In reality it could be the smartest play, especially if we think Connor Downie could potentially be our next Smith in a year or so.

I think what's more interesting is the talk of how we handled the hubs. Sounds like an absolute debacle. "Some of which will stay behind closed doors...". Eeek.
It’s been leaking out for a few months now.

I won’t use the word that Gralin told me is for exclusive use by dickbrain Barrett, but it certainly seems like we didn’t handle the HUBs at all well.

Jordan Lewis may have thrown it up on Fox Footy as a bit of a cheeky barb, but that's the extent of it.
Wright is on record as recently as 10 days ago (on SEN) saying Breust Gunston and Smith leaving is simply not on the cards.
It isn't up to him if Smith leaves though. UFA.

It’s been leaking out for a few months now.

I won’t use the word that Gralin told me is for exclusive use by dickbrain Barrett, but it certainly seems like we didn’t handle the HUBs at all well.
have a sook :)

Are we still only offering one year deals to 30+ year olds?

Personally i don't like that rule. Two years should be fine in some cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back