List Mgmt. Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We can’t afford to lose too many players who play in the same position/role. Losing Smith and Henderson during the same off-season would be a major blow.
Why would it be a huge blow when guys like Day, Scrim, Moore, Scully, Jager, Morrison, Gunston, Impey can all run a wing?
I’m certainly convinced that Smith will go for a better deal.
we will get a RFA/FA that will void the compo pick anyway or take the pick and trade up in the draft for a mid first Rd pick. It’s a win Whatever it looks like if we get a top end FA with the smith money or a high draft pick...
thanks Isaac 👋

So we have 47 with lists likely cut down to 40 amd with at least 3 added via the draft and possibly more through trade period and free agency , how can there not be at least 11-13 players gone end of year ?

Some unlucky due to the circumstances this year but struggle to see any of the following surviving on top of the 4 already gone .

Cj
Hanrahan
Minchington
Nash
Brooksby
Golds
Ross
Pepper

Walker and kosi survive just due to the fact they haven't had a clear run but I also won't be surprised to see 1 or both go .

I know James Cousins has another year to go on his contract, but I have heard a rumour that we are looking to trade him IF we can get a reasonable return for him. I for one have been impressed with his performances since he came in to the team and would be disappointed to see him go as i feel that he adds a point of difference to our other mids with his ability to spread, however a friend of mine has been watching him closely the last few weeks and reckons that he has a tendency to stop and kick sideways or backwards, slowing down our momentum. If that is the case, could be why they are looking to trade him (if that rumour is true). I'd like to keep him, but if he could be packaged up with a pick to get us another first or second rounder, might be worth doing. Thoughts?

Really like the raw talent CJ had, but reality is he looked miles off the pace when he played this year. Kicking was always poor but he literally would spoil contests where we had a 2 on 1 with McEvoy there and then wouldn’t even kill the ball.

To me it just said he cannot read the game at all and was too much of a liability. I remembered Silk gave him a huge spray one game.

Morrison is so limited but is somewhat reliable while CJ you had no idea and therefore made it an easy decision for the coaches. Unfortunate as it is if he was to make it would at least be 2-3 years away and that is asking too much I feel.
O’Brien has had 8 years. I’m still not convinced. Big upside is that when he has the ball on a set shot he is very accurate. But just doesn’t get it enough.

I know James Cousins has another year to go on his contract, but I have heard a rumour that we are looking to trade him IF we can get a reasonable return for him. I for one have been impressed with his performances since he came in to the team and would be disappointed to see him go as i feel that he adds a point of difference to our other mids with his ability to spread, however a friend of mine has been watching him closely the last few weeks and reckons that he has a tendency to stop and kick sideways or backwards, slowing down our momentum. If that is the case, could be why they are looking to trade him (if that rumour is true). I'd like to keep him, but if he could be packaged up with a pick to get us another first or second rounder, might be worth doing. Thoughts?
Is that Cousins or Tom Mitchell?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we have 47 with lists likely cut down to 40 amd with at least 3 added via the draft and possibly more through trade period and free agency , how can there not be at least 11-13 players gone end of year ?

Some unlucky due to the circumstances this year but struggle to see any of the following surviving on top of the 4 already gone .

Cj
Hanrahan
Minchington
Nash
Brooksby
Golds
Ross
Pepper

Walker and kosi survive just due to the fact they haven't had a clear run but I also won't be surprised to see 1 or both go .
Pepper .....?

Can't see a good reason as to why you wouşd trade out a young inside mid unless you get overs for him. Cousins right now is worth a mid 2nd rounder imo, as he isn't just young but almost ready to become a permanent best 22 at most clubs. You want him ?? You pay the fu** up!
Mid second for Cousins? He’s a 4th string mid in a side that finished bottom 4.

That would be robbery.

Completely agree and if I was going to make a comparison to a player it would be Jager. Cousins is better value and still has greater upside (Unless something significantly changes in Jagers ability to return to pre injury days). I know he has been floated previously but what is strange in all this is he seems to get no love from the coaches but always comes into games and offers something of difference.

He is 22-23 and about to go into prime football career, would be literally the worst time to trade, especially when we have significant midfield risk with jager, Mitchell, howe all coming back (still) from serious injuries.

Could the Swans still be interested???

Say we recruit 2 young mids this year with 4 and 21.....with our current midfield stocks and Maginness/Day, where does that leave Cousins in the pecking order?

Is he good enough to push past them all? If not, perhaps trading him out now if a good idea. His currency will never be higher

Could the Swans still be interested???

Say we recruit 2 young mids this year with 4 and 21.....with our current midfield stocks and Maginness/Day, where does that leave Cousins in the pecking order?

Is he good enough to push past them all? If not, perhaps trading him out now if a good idea. His currency will never be higher
agree with your line of thinking. I’ll be okay either way, but he may decide that he will get more games elsewhere. Sydney would be an obvious candidate.

How many more cuts to go then MP?

Gone: Stratton, Puopolo, Henderson, Glass
8 must be cut, to make room for list reduction + 3 drafted players: from memory.

47 down to 42: 47 - 8 = 39; 39 + 3 draftees = 42.

Could be a lot wilder than that of course, but that's a simple way of doing it. That doesn't include making space for Free Agents or Delisted Players etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back