List Mgmt. Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We gave Jon f*n ceglar 3 years , smith averaged 20 touches this year, one of the highest for wings this season. Hasn’t lost any speed and is a great leader. Give him 3 years hawks... age doesn’t matter for him as he started late so he hasn’t got the normal miles in the legs as other 30 year olds. If ceglar who hasn’t done any where near as much as smith has done for us, can get 3 years then smith is more then deserving of 3 years.

With Jacobs retiring at GWS and Mumford getting on hopefully that raises the appeal of Ceglar and a trade can happen..

Hendo retired.

Had a good burst at Hawthorn. Really good player that gave his all.

Good to have a call on it early. Hopefully a few more pieces fall into place with the other veterans. I want to keep Smith.

I would be shocked if Jiath got a new deal.
Would it not be better to sign up guys like Smith on longer term deals previously? a lot more bargaining power to trade them if we want rather than lose them as FA...
Agree CJ done

Really like the raw talent CJ had, but reality is he looked miles off the pace when he played this year. Kicking was always poor but he literally would spoil contests where we had a 2 on 1 with McEvoy there and then wouldn’t even kill the ball.

To me it just said he cannot read the game at all and was too much of a liability. I remembered Silk gave him a huge spray one game.

Morrison is so limited but is somewhat reliable while CJ you had no idea and therefore made it an easy decision for the coaches. Unfortunate as it is if he was to make it would at least be 2-3 years away and that is asking too much I feel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how accurate those numbers are but none of them had contracts anyway so would have gotten much less if kept.

Stratto skipper 550-650 range
Hendo second in crimmo medal in 2019 Signed a 1 year deal 350-450 range
Pop 1 year deal 250-320 range
Glass 100-200k range

Might be a slight discrepancy on each guesstimate on my post but overall (1.3-1.6) range would have been freed up is the point I was trying to make.

Really like the raw talent CJ had, but reality is he looked miles off the pace when he played this year. Kicking was always poor but he literally would spoil contests where we had a 2 on 1 with McEvoy there and then wouldn’t even kill the ball.

To me it just said he cannot read the game at all and was too much of a liability. I remembered Silk gave him a huge spray one game.

Morrison is so limited but is somewhat reliable while CJ you had no idea and therefore made it an easy decision for the coaches. Unfortunate as it is if he was to make it would at least be 2-3 years away and that is asking too much I feel.
Agree with this re CJ. His game sense just seemed really poor and I'm not sure if that can easily be developed or taught. It may be best to cut ties now rather than persevere. The pace, athleticism and enthusiasm are all there to see but if the decision making, skill level and overall game sense are lacking then the negatives outweigh the positives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back