List Mgmt. Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prob won't hear most of them until the PCM on 30 September 2020.
I think that’s usually what happens at Hawthorn. Finish off the year with the PCM then release the news. Rather than what * did with the delistings the day after the last game, and the B&F celebration be somewhat spoilt with the news of those departures.

I think that’s usually what happens at Hawthorn. Finish off the year with the PCM then release the news. Rather than what * did with the delistings the day after the last game, and the B&F celebration be somewhat spoilt with the news of those departures.
Scum getting a lot wrong at present. Long may it continue.

What was people’s thoughts on Smith’s role on the weekend? Had the headset on and seemed to be part of the coaching team for the day. Strange set of circumstances if he was planning on leaving this off season. Still thing Izzy and Scully will be important players with longer quarters and our return to the wide expanses of the MCG next year. Thought Scully’s games in rounds 14 and 15 were easily best at the club. We need these 2 whilst we transition the likes of Downie and Day into these roles more permanently.
I just assumed short of actually being able to play it was the best way for him to be involved in the game that was seeing off Poppy and Stratts.

Hanrahan, Jiath, Walker, Moore, Cousins in the fringe category too. I'd reckon the latter 2 are probably safe, the others who knows.
No doubt. Cousins played midfield in our last 5 games. Wasn’t dropped, held his own. If they felt he’d stamped his own papers, I doubt he would’ve played the last couple of rounds.

Moore is another Tom Scully (with far greater upside).

Jesus...

What font is that?
“Hey guys, lets make this really hard to read, choose a shit font and put black text on a grey background. Job done.”

Now that all the players have flown off in their different directions, you'd think news would start trickling out soon.

For what it's worth, a mate texted that Jiath and Brooksby no longer has Hawks in his insta profile. For whatever that's worth...
The old “unfollowed the club on insta” is the offseason equivalent of “he’s been spotted at training with a crisp new haircut, so look for him to be selected”

The old “unfollowed the club on insta” is the offseason equivalent of “he’s been spotted at training with a crisp new haircut, so look for him to be selected”
Jiath has removed hawthorn from his bio a bit different then unfollowing. Wouldn’t be surprised if they gave him the chop, I’d be really pissed if they kept a spud like Nash over him

Jiath is in the 50/50 category for me. He’s currently not good. Comparing him to another fringe player in say Morrison, Morrison is currently the better player. There is some merit to thinking Jiath has the higher upside. He doesn’t play in a position of low supply on our list though so I would not be surprised if he is cut

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think what happens with Henderson will largely depend on if Smith leaves. I don’t think you can have 2 experienced outside midfielders department in the one off-season without someone from another club coming in. I wish the AFL would announce list sizes already.

I've heard conflicting things as well, both very positive, and some less so. But nothing concrete on the negative side of things

But he is a KPD, only just turned 20, so I would think the club will give him more time to get over the little body niggles.

I would be gobsmacked, and pretty pissed off, if he was cut.

I 100% agree with you still very raw and young, give him all the time he needs we are paper thin in this space.
Wouldn't be surprised if Frawley does play on and we keep Hartley for season 2021 for this reason ( unless we require free agents)
I Was purely going off a few post on here and a lack of games happy to be proven wrong.

Jiath has removed hawthorn from his bio a bit different then unfollowing. Wouldn’t be surprised if they gave him the chop, I’d be really pissed if they kept a spud like Nash over him

He might have done that for a range of reasons, none of them good. I would have maybe 5 ahead of him for delisting which raises the question, how many do we expect to delist??

Isn't CJ a category B rookie? (Like Pepper), if they keep Cat B rookies you keep him no matter what, because he's a free hit.
In fact you start looking for more of them.

It is quite amazing though, that we are at the end of the season for 10 clubs and nobody knows what list sizes are next year.

What do you say to fringe players at the exit interview?

Look we don't know if you're staying or going it depends on list size, If they are at 44, you're good, 42 still good, 40 and it gets a bit touch and go, but if it's 38 um you're dreaming if you think you'll be here next year.

It's pretty poor by the AFL not to have got their act together on this by now. The players association should be all over them and to be honest a few clubs should have had a casual chat about it and gone together as a united front over the issue.

Isn't CJ a category B rookie? (Like Pepper), if they keep Cat B rookies you keep him no matter what, because he's a free hit.

It is quite amazing though, that we are at the end of the season for 10 clubs and nobody knows what list sizes are next year.

Look we don't know if you're staying or going it depends on list size, If they are at 44, you're good, 42 still good, 40 and it gets a bit touch and go, but if it's 38 um you're dreaming if you think you'll be here next year.

It's pretty poor by the AFL not to have got their act together on this by now. The players association should be all over them and to be honest a few clubs should have had a casual chat about it and gone together as a united front over the issue.
Can only be on the Cat B list for 3 years. This was CJ's third year

CJ has been on the rookie list for 3 years. No matter what, he's either elevated or cut.

I
On Insta tonight - looks like rumours are true
View attachment 968321
I'm a little saddened by that. Takes a lot to dig up your life and move to the other side of the world pursuing your career (speaking from experience). It must be kinda heartbreaking for it to not progress as you'd like. Thanks for your time CG.

I

I'm a little saddened by that. Takes a lot to dig up your life and move to the other side of the world pursuing your career (speaking from experience). It must be kinda heartbreaking for it to not progress as you'd like. Thanks for your time CG.

yeah think if it wasn’t for the reduction of lists they would have persevered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back