Opinion Should Jonas be captain in 2019?

Should Jonas be captain in 2019?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope. Its time to bring in some younger leaders. Ollie will take his game to the next level with a clearly defined positive leadership role.

Jonas and his chaplinesque efforts v wce and collingwood when the season was on the line has sealed the deal for me.

Ollie c
Chad vc
Maybe jonas dvc

No wanky convoluted trivial leadership groups. we need to strip things right back to the basics.

Has Jonas played two good years in a row? I don't think so. He's really not a skilled player himself either but commands his role well. If he'd been consistent like this in more seasons then maybe. He doesn't speak in football clichés which is good. He sounds intelligent.

I certainly don't want Wines though. I couldn't handle Wines but they'll give it to him ... he epitomises Hinkley's team efficiency.

We don't have a captain in our side really.

Just let the players vote on who they want as captain.
To my logic, it is more important, that the players want whomever & will get behind them.
Team first, self second. Is the person we need/want.
But that can become a popularity contest. We need tough leadership that raises the players on field standards. Being a nice guy isn't enough.

Nope. Its time to bring in some younger leaders. Ollie will take his game to the next level with a clearly defined positive leadership role.

Jonas and his chaplinesque efforts v wce and collingwood when the season was on the line has sealed the deal for me.

Ollie c
Chad vc
Maybe jonas dvc

No wanky convoluted trivial leadership groups. we need to strip things right back to the basics.

If Wingard is named vice captain based on his current attitude we are absolutely cooked.

It’s a shame Rockliff’s recruitment made Ebert virtually redundant. With our current options Brad should be in the leadership discussion without a doubt. No one puts his body on the line more often than him.

I've wanted Jonas to be appointed captain after the first half of the season due to his onfield leadership last year and this year. However, I was very disappointed with his last few games. When he doesnt play well the backline is very ordinary. That is a big concern.

If Wingard is named vice captain based on his current attitude we are absolutely cooked.

It’s a shame Rockliff’s recruitment made Ebert virtually redundant. With our current options Brad should be in the leadership discussion without a doubt. No one puts his body on the line more often than him.
Eberts second half of last year was also very disappointing. He has lost the hunger he once played with. To be effective he needs that hunger. Ebert has made Ebert redundant.

I've wanted Jonas to be appointed captain after the first half of the season due to his onfield leadership last year and this year. However, I was very disappointed with his last few games. When he doesnt play well the backline is very ordinary. That is a big concern.
Perhaps he was missing his mate Tommy C!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure there is a genuine captain in waiting on the list, including TJ.

Wines is probably the heir apparent, but his own form this season has been disappointing to say the least, but he may be one of those players who will lift to another level if given the role.

Jonas is contracted for next year so Sydney would have to make us a godfather offer to get our attention. Sure he's out of contract at the end of next year but he's also 29 by the time the following season starts. Would Sydney still be prepared to throw a long term offer at him then?

didn't we strip Ebert of VC and make Hartlett VC for 1 season or something? that shit is all ridiculous, are leadership titles at AFL franchises just for show/money?

Sort of sucks there's no standout player in our squad demanding the captaincy :(.
I'm of the thought Wines has all but been promised it anyway, hence his re-signing.

Yes, for one additional reason over and above the obvious reasons already discussed.

I look forward to seeing Jonas get much more grief from Vic, WAstralian and Channel7ADL/5CC mediots being reminded of his stupid hit on Gaff three years ago, after which Gaff missed the grand total of one game, than Gaff does for his recent, very deliberate frontal punch on Brayshaw that knocked teeth out and left him on liquids for weeks. You just know it will happen if we put him in the weekly media spotlight, don't you?

And I look forward to Kane having the guts to take the whole rotten industry on - "head-on" - over issues of hypocrisy and bias, triggered by the treatment of one Port player not afraid to be put out there as willing bait to expose them.

Sydney can eat a bag of dicks.

I don't think they come packaged in bags......something to do with the need of a blood supply I suspect, but a creative thought nonetheless
o_O

Has Sydney run out of late rookie picks that turn into best 18 players?

Oh please don't tell me that. We go to extraordinary lengths to not have our good academy players selected for the allies so they can then surreptitiously slip to the rookie draft and become "rookie wonders". Phew you were just doing the green monster thing. :p:greenalien:

We'd probably take Jonas off your hands if you like.....at his age he's probably got arthritis anyway. Think of all the voltaren rapid 25 tablets you'd save

Sort of sucks there's no standout player in our squad demanding the captaincy :(.
I'm of the thought Wines has all but been promised it anyway, hence his re-signing.
That's what they said about Geelong in 2006. No leadership, nobody to lead them out of the doldrums. Then a relatively boring backman stepped up.

Yes, for one additional reason over and above the obvious reasons already discussed.

I look forward to seeing Jonas get much more grief from Vic, WAstralian and Channel7ADL/5CC mediots being reminded of his stupid hit on Gaff three years ago, after which Gaff missed the grand total of one game, than Gaff does for his recent, very deliberate frontal punch on Brayshaw that knocked teeth out and left him on liquids for weeks. You just know it will happen if we put him in the weekly media spotlight, don't you?

And I look forward to Kane having the guts to take the whole rotten industry on - "head-on" - over issues of hypocrisy and bias, triggered by the treatment of one Port player not afraid to be put out there as willing bait to expose them.
I for one, want TJ to be hailed a victim :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Should Jonas be captain in 2019?

Back