List Mgmt. Should The Eagles Request A Priority Assistance Package at The End of This Year?

Should The Eagles Request A Priority Assistance Package at The End of This Year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Have there been any talks of PP from the club itself and even anything from AFL? Surely we get them.
Discussions were had with the AFL 9-10 weeks ago. Back and forth discussions.

There were 2 conditions that were key to the answer.
1. Not with the same coach
2. Not if you win 5 games for the year

Now if someone, hopefully anyone at AFL house watched the first half of our game yesterday the club might get something. I think speculating about it however is unlikely and yes the club does have to formally apply, however most of the discussions are done before any formal application.

We need to apply publicly to keep the AFL honest when it considers Richmond's future application. Reference what North got and ask for something similar to what they had in 2022. AFL will say no, which is fine, but then it is on public record for when Richmond asks in a season or two. The last thing we want is them getting PP in a draft compromised by Tassie coming in.

We need to apply publicly to keep the AFL honest when it considers Richmond's future application. Reference what North got and ask for something similar to what they had in 2022. AFL will say no, which is fine, but then it is on public record for when Richmond asks in a season or two. The last thing we want is them getting PP in a draft compromised by Tassie coming in.
That's actually a good point. It will keep the AFL to a standard and will add a modicum of transparency to the process.

I presume the club is making respectful enquiries behind closed doors because doing it publicly won't help our case. The Victorian media would clearly be against such a handout and god knows they would have plenty of "club insiders" prepared to go on the record anonymously that we don't deserve any assistance and how strongly they are against it.

Doing it privately doesn't hurt our case but doing it publicly may very well do so. I just hope we are doing all we can to twist the AFL'S arm on the matter.

For anyone remaining unbiased it's clear we need the assistance and if it was necessary for the Kangaroos two years in a row........well then.

I presume the club is making respectful enquiries behind closed doors because doing it publicly won't help our case. The Victorian media would clearly be against such a handout and god knows they would have plenty of "club insiders" prepared to go on the record anonymously that we don't deserve any assistance and how strongly they are against it.

Doing it privately doesn't hurt our case but doing it publicly may very well do so. I just hope we are doing all we can to twist the AFL'S arm on the matter.

For anyone remaining unbiased it's clear we need the assistance and if it was necessary for the Kangaroos two years in a row........well then.
Doing it publicly might hurt our case, but it needs to be made public the reasons why we don't get it in that case, to make sure other clubs like Richmond don't get some next year after blowing up their list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Should The Eagles Request A Priority Assistance Package at The End of This Year?

Back