List Mgmt. Should we pick up Andrew Moore?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Moore fills a part in our teams jigsaw & our 'recruiters think he's worth the risk, I'd be all for it.....must confess a top 9 pick on the surface would be worth a very close look....

Nothing to lose with picking up Moore, A nothing pick on min salary that adds a strong big body for injury cover and never know he was a top 10 selection maybe he might just click and might be a bargain get like Miles,Lambert whilst also adding a huge amount to our vfl side to speed up development of the kids.
Players like Moore are a good risk on small coin
Moore,D.Cameron,S.Yarran would all add value to our list
Is S. Yarran the brother of C. Yarran? If so, and assuming he's descent... would it be astute to bring him in as 1. support for Chris and 2. to really rub salt into the Carlton wounds...

Are AFL lists still 40 players (max) with 4 rookies maximum /or/ 38 players (min) with 6 rookies?

So we have 36 on the list as it stands with Lambert to be elevated you would think which makes it 37. With one veteran list player in Lids although Jack and Sheds must also be close - this would also open up an extra $240k next year for the war chest to sign the doozy. The new veterans list rules actually work in favour of teams with good player retention - one of which is us.

Looks like we will go 40 with 4 rookies. I think in recent times weve gone 38 with 6 rookies and then elevated in pre-season.

If they sign Moore (even though i think we'd be better off signing Adcock) they will obviously need to make some decisions on Dea, Gordon. I think they need to delist them both - and then re-draft Dea down at with our last pick. We got in Gordan for his running but he has now has to displace Ellis, McIntosh, LLoyd, Lennon and would only hold back Mendadue's development.

Thomas would be more useful on our list as a big contested midfielder if we have injuries so elevate him until we properly address the need.

Castagna and Short remain on rookie list (I dont think Thomas can remain there for another year so he would need to be elevated)

I can see this happening

Senior List is currently 36 + Moore/Adcock (37) + Delist Gordon and Dea (35) + Promote Lambert and Thomas (37) + 3 draftees (one of which is Dea) = 40

We then also have 2 spots in rookie draft remaining

Last edited:
You can tell the people who don't watch VFL. Menadue is miles off it - was very ordinary at tines. No chance he'll be outperforming Dea any time soon.
I only got to see 5 or 6 VFL games this year but I think Menadue has more upside than Dea... Dea is now a seasoned player and is good depth but Menadue has good smarts and blistering pace. He'll be a better player than Dea and here's hoping he becomes as good as Robert Murphy...

I only got to see 5 or 6 VFL games this year but I think Menadue has more upside than Dea... Dea is now a seasoned player and is good depth but Menadue has good smarts and blistering pace. He'll be a better player than Dea and here's hoping he becomes as good as Robert Murphy...

Don't get me wrong - Menadue has heaps of upside - pacy, elite skills, tough, big tank, but realistically he's years off. He struggled to get involved this year.

Don't get me wrong - Menadue has heaps of upside - pacy, elite skills, tough, big tank, but realistically he's years off. He struggled to get involved this year.
Fair enough... I don't mind if we recruit players that take a bit of time as long as they come good... RFC are setting themselves up for long term success which I like a LOT... I don't want my son to have the shitty 3 decades that I got ;)

Connor showed plenty at afl level. Has massive upside.

Moore I think is worth a shot. Squad depth is so important to go deep onto the season. Ricky Petterd was never going to be top 10 in the b and for but he was a serviceable player who improved our depth. Andy Moore will most likely just be there to provide cover and push the first 22

Are AFL lists still 40 players (max) with 4 rookies maximum /or/ 38 players (min) with 6 rookies?

So we have 36 on the list as it stands with Lambert to be elevated you would think which makes it 37. With one veteran list player in Lids although Jack and Sheds must also be close - this would also open up an extra $240k next year for the war chest to sign the doozy. The new veterans list rules actually work in favour of teams with good player retention - one of which is us.

Looks like we will go 40 with 4 rookies. I think in recent times weve gone 38 with 6 rookies and then elevated in pre-season.

If they sign Moore (even though i think we'd be better off signing Adcock) they will obviously need to make some decisions on Dea, Gordon. I think they need to delist them both - and then re-draft Dea down at with our last pick. We got in Gordan for his running but he has now has to displace Ellis, McIntosh, LLoyd, Lennon and would only hold back Mendadue's development.

Thomas would be more useful on our list as a big contested midfielder if we have injuries so elevate him until we properly address the need.

Castagna and Short remain on rookie list (I dont think Thomas can remain there for another year so he would need to be elevated)

I can see this happening

Senior List is currently 36 + Moore/Adcock (37) + Delist Gordon and Dea (35) + Promote Lambert and Thomas (37) + 3 draftees (one of which is Dea) = 40

The vets list idea is getting phased out. Not exactly sure when it stops but it definitely is going.

Dea won the VFL best and fairest finishing a mile ahead of McDonough. With Vlastuin a chance to move into the midfield rotation a big bodied defender like Dea is a handy replacement.
He is a VFL player at best. Will never make it. If we have to bring in Dea then most likely our season is cooked and we will develop kids in preference.

You can tell the people who don't watch VFL. Menadue is miles off it - was very ordinary at tines. No chance he'll be outperforming Dea any time soon.
Agree , most of the kids have to improve plenty before they are belting the door down for senior selection , menadue being a case in point. The closest will be Ellis , the rest will Need to grow a leg over summer to be on the cusp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a VFL player at best. Will never make it. If we have to bring in Dea then most likely our season is cooked and we will develop kids in preference.
Your claim was that Dea is a spud and McDonough is/was much better. Dea was awarded the VFL B&F and is still listed, McDonough is looking for another team to play for next year having been delisted almost immediately when the season ended. So I think I'll go with my opinion that Dea can be a valuable member of the side if given the chance next season, given it's an opinion shared by the coaching panel who know a lot more about him than either of us do.

Your claim was that Dea is a spud and McDonough is/was much better. Dea was awarded the VFL B&F and is still listed, McDonough is looking for another team to play for next year having been delisted almost immediately when the season ended. So I think I'll go with my opinion that Dea can be a valuable member of the side if given the chance next season, given it's an opinion shared by the coaching panel who know a lot more about him than either of us do.
Agreed was only the FACT we had near best backline in league that kept him out of the side, would have played plenty of footy elsewhere

I can see this happening

As much I admire Adcock I can't see that we have a need for a another rebounding defender . Houli, Yarran, Vlastuin, Drummond and McIntosh can all easily fill that role with the depth we have, although Macca plays more on the wing. Menadue and C Ellis are going to be pushing for a spot HB to HF. I'd be happy to grab another inside mid (Moore) with games under his belt who might still develop further given the opportunity. Conca needs to take the next step this year, Townsend needs to bulk up a bit more and I wish Thomas could get more game time, really like that guy.

Andrew Moore was a #9 draft selection in 2009 and was selected at that pick for a good reason

Our pick 120 something will not be a kid that is more talented or be ready to go than Andrew Moore and not be able to provide the depth or experience that AM does. Our Juniors are getting belted at VFL level and need support to develop and part of good development is learning how to win and winning games.

Maybe Port Adelaide had too many players that provided the same game that AM did or Maybe he wasnt given the opportunity when he was playing well or the team dynamics/game plan/ position he played were not suitable with AM's game

Im all in favour of selecting Andrew and will be a nothing pick at min salary that adds depth and experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back