List Mgmt. Should we pick up Andrew Moore?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goringe is a first round draft selection like Yarran and Moore. Maybe we are trying to become the Vic club with the most first rounders.
I have read (rumor and inuendo ) that Goringe has some attitude issue's

Goringe is a first round draft selection like Yarran and Moore. Maybe we are trying to become the Vic club with the most first rounders.
I have read (rumor and inuendo ) that Goringe has some attitude issue's
Well known to have a poor attitude. I recall some of his texts etc were made public a year or two ago and they reflected poorly on him.

Not a fan of Moore. I've watched him in a few games and get the feeling that he thinks he's just making up the numbers. He is hard but his attack on the footy is not good enough. He seems to be slow to react. Worth a 1 year contract and is more of a chance to succeed than the guys we've delisted.

Totally agree. If we get 4 or 5 senior games out of him as a depth player, I’ll be happy. Not expecting much from him. Has been very disappointing at Port over a 6 year period. Here's hoping.

Obviously has talent , as was first round. But equally as obviously needs a rocket and hard work to show his ability. If he can make it as a depth inside mid then that's fine. If we got him playing to his potential then great. But all I'm hoping for realistically is someone that can help with the inside load - we need that depth there.

Being a Pick 9 in his draft year will forever be his only claim to fame

Or, "The guy Port took with the draft pick they were handed (along with Jay Nash) for Shaun Burgoyne, who then went on to win 3 flags"

Or, "The guy Port didn't rate quite as highly as John Butcher, who they took at pick 8"

I guess I'm OK with it. The whole coming home thing, only a 1 year deal and he's played in 3 times as many winning finals as Richo :eek:

Last edited:
Or, "The guy Port took with the draft pick they were handed (along with Jay Nash) for Shaun Burgoyne, who then went on to win 3 flags"

Or, "The guy Port didn't rate quite as highly as John Butcher, who they took at pick 8"
Yea stuffed that draft up no doubt, still prefer Butcher however

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Done nothing in his 5 or 6 years in the AFL in a team where he's had more than enough opportunity. Don't see how that would all of a sudden change in a team that's going to be even harder to break in to.

majak daw cuts up everytime we play norht, could be handy back up maybe?

so far its Moore, Adock, Daw, Griinge as possibilities?

giphy.gif

Jake Niall has an article on us getting Moore. Good write up, especially on our overall strategy. I like how he assesses us fairly, and reckons we are following the same strategy I think we are. In fact, the one the club says we are. Build the list, don't overpay, focus on needs, look for cheap quality guys that can fill a hole.

In the coming days, the Tigers are expected to announce they have signed delisted free agent Andrew Moore on a modest one-year contract.

As a strong 189-centimetre midfielder, Moore fits Richmond's needs – anyone who watched the Tigers succumb to North in September could see their need for size and grunt around the ball, for someone to provide a chaperone for Trent Cotchin and Brett Deledio.

But as a castaway from Port Adelaide, Moore, pick No.9 in the 2009 national draft, doesn't fit the expectations of those who believed the Tigers needed a big-ticket item in addition to Chris Yarran.
If the failure to secure another "name" made them less sexy than Geelong or Collingwood, the upshot was the Tigers acted with restraint. While some of this restraint was forced by Treloar's decision to choose another club, there were plenty of observers who expected Richmond to be desperate and dateless, offering pick 12 for anyone they thought might help win an extra game. At the close of trading, they'd secured Yarran and kept pick 12.

Far from representing a trading loss, the Tigers had succeeded in a) recruiting a proven 24-year-old of considerable talent who can improve their team and b) retaining their first draft pick. This is not as easy as it sounds. Richmond kept their recruiting within a needs-based framework, rather than lashing out opportunistically – which is never wise.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl/afl-news/tigers-get-andrew-moore-and-dont-need-more-20151028-gkkxvj.html#ixzz3pvmX22ne
Follow us: @canberratimes on Twitter | CanberraTimes on Facebook

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl/afl-news/tigers-get-andrew-moore-and-dont-need-more-20151028-gkkxvj.html#ixzz3pvmNJdb1
Follow us: @canberratimes on Twitter | CanberraTimes on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back