Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

The Crows board is full of absolute hypocrites who definitely wouldn't have had a crack at their own supporters for wishing or delighting in one of our players getting injured. They can **** off.
A board active in their criticisms of anyone mildly defending Dan Houston's actions. The same supporter base that, 4 years ago, tried to defend/play down blatant racism from their beloved Skipper.

Cannot even see the irony.

Watching the replay. Ben Keays looks like if someone typed “pigeon chested private school incel” into an AI image generator

He’s a character straight out of an Archie comic.

A board active in their criticisms of anyone mildly defending Dan Houston's actions. The same supporter base that, 4 years ago, tried to defend/play down blatant racism from their beloved Skipper.

Cannot even see the irony.
And not only that, the attitude that anyone from the other side of the Eastern State boundary is ignorant of SA football history, and block them from a thread when they mention it.
And I didn't even have a crack at them about their mismanagement of Tyson Stengle or losing Dangerfield. What a pack of glass jaws.

People might say that's squibbling the contest but he's actually done the right thing bodywise, both for himself, his team-mates positions and for the opposition. Just didn't hold on to the ball.
I can't agree, as others have pointed out Rachelle heard footsteps and instead of putting his body in line with the ball where the likely worst case scenario would have been a tackle resulting in a ball up giving both teams an equal chance to win it back, he instead squibbed the body contact and just stuck his hands out, which were easily brushed aside resulting in the ball being taken away by the Port player.

I suspect any Port player being that soft at the contest in Fos Williams or Jack Cahill's time would have almost certainly been playing in the magoos the next week.

"Brave" Rachele ran away,
Bravely ran away, away.
When danger reared its ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled.
Yes, brave Rachele turned about
And gallantly, he chickened out.
Bravely taking to his feet,
He beat a very brave retreat,
Bravest of the brave, Rachele.

He is packing it in and packing it up
And sneaking away and buggering off
And chickening out and pissing off home,
Yes, bravely he is throwing in the sponge.

Last edited:
Adelaide is investigating reports of a racial slur being directed at a Port Adelaide player via social media on the weekend.
The individual involved is not a Crows member however, the Club condemns in the strongest possible manner this disgusting behaviour and reiterates there is no place for racism in our game and society.
The AFL’s Integrity Department has also been notified

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide is investigating reports of a racial slur being directed at a Port Adelaide player via social media on the weekend.
The individual involved is not a Crows member however, the Club condemns in the strongest possible manner this disgusting behaviour and reiterates there is no place for racism in our game and society.
The AFL’s Integrity Department has also been notified
Post that on the Crows board and see how long it takes before you get banned. :D

"Brave" Rachele ran away,
Bravely ran away, away.
When danger reared its ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled.
Yes, brave Rachele turned about
And gallantly, he chickened out.
Bravely taking to his feet,
He beat a very brave retreat,
Bravest of the brave, Rachele.

He is packing it in and packing it up
And sneaking away and buggering up
And chickening out and pissing off home,
Yes, bravely he is throwing in the sponge.
:heart:

1724045384157.png

If we had a decent contested mark in the forward half, we would've beaten them by a fair whack more.

It is the type of game we would've normally lost as well but the guys had a real steeliness about them and kept on task and didn't' back down. Sweet does a lot of good there.

Last edited:
LOL Only just getting a chance to watch the game. Those two marks not paid early in the first. lol wtf?
Nothing from the commentators of course.
It's easy to laugh it knowing we won, but ****ing hell.

#PADelayed

This might have been asked and answered already,

In the 4th, DBJ kicked a goal and in the resulting scuffle afterwards Butters was awarded a free kick.

Why wasn't the kick taken on the goal line?
I though a free after a goal was always taken on the goal line. Is my memory incorrect, has the rule changed or did the umpire get it wrong?

This might have been asked and answered already,

In the 4th, DBJ kicked a goal and in the resulting scuffle afterwards Butters was awarded a free kick.

Why wasn't the kick taken on the goal line?
I though a free after a goal was always taken on the goal line. Is my memory incorrect, has the rule changed or did the umpire get it wrong?
No because it was after the goal had been kicked, the free kick is taken where the offence occurred

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Back