Showdown or Shutdown?

Remove this Banner Ad

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon Ah Chee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This could be a classic.
Here we have an attack at all cost team Vs defend at all cost team.
Will it be an all guns blazing Showdown at the AAMI Corral or a shutdown?

Which will be the style that will eventually prevail?

IMO it will be a shutdown for 3 of the 4 quarters.

This was supposed to be on the main board. :eek:

This could be a classic.
Here we have an attack at all cost team Vs defend at all cost team.
Will it be an all guns blazing Showdown at the AAMI Corral or a shutdown?

Which will be the style that will eventually prevail?

IMO it will be a shutdown for 3 of the 4 quarters.

Talk about having a tongue-in-cheek attitude :)

An all out attack by a group of players & coaches at the top of their game with confidence at an all time high against a depleted band of old farts who look slow & lethargic plus with their confidence at an all time low.

Now who's style do you really believe will prevail on sat ??

Why the old-farts of course :thumbsu: ;)

noddy mate, wes u bin?
Welcome back, was worried you might have forgotten the password for this user name. :p

An all out attack by a group of players & coaches at the top of their game with confidence at an all time high against a depleted band of old farts who look slow & lethargic plus with their confidence at an all time low.

Thats funny, when I read it it sounded like Port was going to be taking on the Crows BF mob.... (apologies to young BFers).

Seriously thought, if it wasnt for the fact we had apparently struggled with the crows shutdown tactics in recent years I'd be confident, but because we haven't handled it well I am nervous that it will be one of those games where we end up scoring 60 - 70 points and getting beaten soundly.

Thats funny, when I read it it sounded like Port was going to be taking on the Crows BF mob.... (apologies to young BFers).

Seriously thought, if it wasnt for the fact we had apparently struggled with the crows shutdown tactics in recent years I'd be confident, but because we haven't handled it well I am nervous that it will be one of those games where we end up scoring 60 - 70 points and getting beaten soundly.

Looks like its going to be wet too.

Looks like its going to be wet too.
That's it then.
If it's wet and cold then the old farts will be one player short as I am definitely not playing. :D

so this was a troll gone wrong

typical - ban the thread starter :thumbsu:
I agree, but banning is too good for the troll. Stone him, stone him. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Into the stocks with him. Laugh at him! Laugh at him!:thumbsu::thumbsu:
Who are you calling big nose? I'm a Red Sea pedestrian, and proud of it! :p

Port supporters don't have anything better to do then make jokes about the Crows. But then what else would you expect of a port supporter...to go to there own games???

The way Adelaide are playing at the moment I can't see us getting anywhere close to Port. We were absolutely demolished by Hille, Watson and Peverill on the the weekend so how on earth are we meant to beat Lade, the Cornes', the Burgoynes, Pearce? I hate those players but they're a hell of a lot better than Essendons midfield.

Hopefully it does come down raining and the Crows actually hit back, show some aggression and pride and win a bloody game. Regardless of how many injuries we have had the last few weeks since the St. Kilda game we have looked atrocious. I just hope things turn around before the end of the season.

It would be pretty embarrassing if Port lost this one.....

On current form yes your right. On pre-season (And even as recently as a month ago) assessments of teams and lists however, I'd imagine its not the case... and most of the dissapointed wouldnt be wearing teal.

Yes but you can't judge pre-season form and expectations at this stage of the season!!

Why not ?

Yes every team is in it to win the flag (although we have played a couple sides recently that probably weren't). ....... but expectations from the wider community were very different for the two sides for the 2007 season.

On the flip side, if West Coast and Carlton were currently sitting 15th & 16th would it would be fair to say that West Coast would be the biggest shock and hence more dissapointing ?

i hope the crows win this weekend.i hate port plus even if we cant make the 8 this year we can shape it.the crows can do some damage too the teams in the top 8 starting against the youth team the power.

west coast vs geelong 2007 grand_final

:)

Yes but I am talking about this week's game... on current form if Port lose they would be pretty damn embarrassed. You are just trying to cover yourself incase your team does lose this week. Very very soft effort.

Not at all ..... the first thing I said in my post is that we should win given where we are at. I'll be pissed if we lose .... and probably if we win (but thats another story).
But I wouldn't be embarrased if we lose ... your not really a #12 side.

Why not ?

Yes every team is in it to win the flag (although we have played a couple sides recently that probably weren't). ....... but expectations from the wider community were very different for the two sides for the 2007 season.

On the flip side, if West Coast and Carlton were currently sitting 15th & 16th would it would be fair to say that West Coast would be the biggest shock and hence more dissapointing ?
For the same reason you Port supporters mock us when we say West Coast were favourites before last year's Prelim Final.

This is one of the stupider things I've ever read on Bigfooty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Showdown or Shutdown?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back