Game Day Showdown XXXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to have to try--my son went back to sleep like a light and that little stinker has a full day planned for us lol

Give it a shot around 5 am

What a great game--and nearly a heart attack in the last quarter!!

That win is a good reward for you for following the team at ridiculous hours from afar. You deserved to see something like that!

P.S. Nearly joined you in cardiac arrest. I don't know how the players can stay so calm. From experience tho, it is a lot easier watching at the ground than on tv in those close games.

Nooooooooooooooooo!.:eek: He has almost destroyed this club once. And now he is setting about destroying the Sydney "culture".Leave Tippy alone.

Wash your mouth out Froggy!! And if you persist with that crap you'll have to head to the Tippett thread on the main board! ;)
Only over jenkins as a ruckman, not as a player or human being.

I sat with the Crows cheer squad at the Northern end. Made the game even more entertaining. There was a Powa supporting female feral skank, who every time she'd come back to her seat she'd give every Crows supporter the double bird sometimes even only inches from their face. Normally I'd be really offended by that but it was so pathetic everyone just ignored her. Funny thing is after the game she put her head down and tried to bolt before anyone noticed but the Crows fans behind me didn't let her get away without a bit of a spray lol. Suck balls Powa. See you in the finals.....oh wait....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the holiday part of my trip starting now. I've been in Helsinki with the Australian team for World Gymnaestrada but that finished yesterday, so early flight out to Paris. We now have something to watch this afternoon now :)

Mind you the view out our apartment window isn't to be sneezed at...

11002587_10153084366541317_626517195610668491_n.jpg

Looking forward to seeing that at night, but footy first!
I love Paris!! Enjoy your holiday

Be grateful if it gets a mention :)

Seriously tho it should get a lot of minutes. Easily the game of the weekend. One of the games of the year, let alone everything else surrounding it.

This is what shits me though, these games need to be Friday night specials. I am firkin tired of seeing shitty Vic teams play on Friday night.

After the first quarter or so, I change channels. They are just crap games. Sorry yes it's a rant.

Yes you are right, they might not even mention the Crows won.

Credit where due to the Crows for a great win today but need to prepare better for when teams come at us in games. Crows look very shaky when they change game tempo from playing to win to conserving a lead to get the win. Decision making really needs improvement when they slow the game down as was again shown today. Still, an important and GREAT win today which could be the start of the improvement we fans have been waiting for!!

Credit where due to the Crows for a great win today but need to prepare better for when teams come at us in games. Crows look very shaky when they change game tempo from playing to win to conserving a lead to get the win. Decision making really needs improvement when they slow the game down as was again shown today. Still, an important and GREAT win today which could be the start of the improvement we fans have been waiting for!!
It didn't help that Port stacked their forward line and attacked at all costs in the last quarter, we didn't have Talia and were relying on Hartigan and Lever. Our 2 boys played really well, but geez I felt sorry for Lever when Lobbe or Ryder went to him, they are so much stronger than him, but he doesn't take a backward step on them. Let's get 10kg on him over summer. He will be like a Barry Hall but at CHB with a couple of pre seasons in him.

Beats me, I don't know why anyone would boo after that game, other than the result not going the home sides way it was a cracking game. I'm not defending the ******s that are in every crowd and there were definitely a few boos and a couple of ordinary comments after the game and during the presentation, but it didn't seem too prominent from where I was.

They booed the result. Probably because they were upset with the umpires. The didn't boo Thommo but they did Boooooo Tex. It would have been at least 10% of the crowd up to 20%, it was quite noticeable where I was in the Western Stand. Such is life. The minutes applause was the important thing and that was magnificent for the 40K who stayed for it.

They booed the result. Probably because they were upset with the umpires. The didn't boo Thommo but they did Boooooo Tex. It would have been at least 10% of the crowd up to 20%, it was quite noticeable where I was in the Western Stand. Such is life. The minutes applause was the important thing and that was magnificent for the 40K who stayed for it.
I was on the Hill and did not notice it. Not until on the tram and read facebook where it was posted by everyone.

What for?
Seems like EC's was for asking on the port board why they booed at the presentation and Subaru's was most likely inappropriate comments on the port board, a couple of her posts on here were borderline on here let alone over there.

Our game at the moment is heavily reliant on winning the clearances. Fortunately we're good at that at the moment, but when an opposition team gets a run on it's always because we lose several centre clearances in a row and simply don't have what it takes to win the ball back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Showdown XXXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back