Silly Season.... Recruiting and other nonsense

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't be too hard for you to figure out Tex.. Not sure if he is going to play or not though..
I'm guessing it will be hard enough-seeing as I still haven't been to training with the Rats once-even tho i played there from May last year

I'm guessing it will be hard enough-seeing as I still haven't been to training with the Rats once-even tho i played there from May last year

You should know the Big W Reps though shouldn't you.? Not sure if he is going to play, but Dennis said this player may be a chance because his better friends with some of the Eagles boys than the Rats boys..

You should know the Big W Reps though shouldn't you.? Not sure if he is going to play, but Dennis said this player may be a chance because his better friends with some of the Eagles boys than the Rats boys..
Actually-now u mention it-a couple of names spring to mind-former eagle perhaps?

The three guys I can think of that played WFL at senior level this year were Ben Harrison, Batchy & Aiden Bell-plenty of rumours surrounding Aiden, but I don't think your talking about him, you've already said its not Ben, and I doubt Batchy would go to the LPFL as a reigning Toohey medallist-feel free to name names shaft.

The three guys I can think of that played WFL at senior level this year were Ben Harrison, Batchy & Aiden Bell-plenty of rumours surrounding Aiden, but I don't think your talking about him, you've already said its not Ben, and I doubt Batchy would go to the LPFL as a reigning Toohey medallist-feel free to name names shaft.

Yeh thats why i said I wasn't sure.. Ok Tex it was Pete Thompson, but it doesn't mean anything, he could be just having a train for all we know.. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers-he would be a very handy addition to any side. Very good defender, hard at it-might need to do something about that red hair tho. haha

Cheers-he would be a very handy addition to any side. Very good defender, hard at it-might need to do something about that red hair tho. haha

Haa I hope he doesn't see that^^^ lol.. Yeh would be very handy in any side but not sure whether he would leave the Rats..

As I have already said Ararat cant afford to lose to many as most clubs will improve next year an as was shown during the final they relied heavily on Turner an missed Bligh who I believe is their best player. Hopefully Fish can get these possible recruits signed up.

"Animal" being a Nhill follower could you tell me what the feeling is at the club re: the new president ?? I ran into bloke from Nhill down the st hear at lunch time an he said there were a few unhappy campers.

Don’t doubt it for a second. They did well making it to the grand final and fitness was the main thing that got them there. I bet some of those young blokes will be jumping out of their skins.

Interesting to here Dimboola not starting training til Feb 09, surely that would put them a long way back compared to the other Wimmera League clubs. Apparently Davidson has a sick child, keeping out of cricket indefinetly too.
Looks like it Fancy. Warrack Eagles, Nhill, Burras have picked up a few guns, Horsham Saints will keep improving with another preseason, Butchy will be a special plus a few other recruits they hope to announce soon. Great to see clubs striving to break the Demon stranglehold rather than just waiting for them to drop away.

No I don't know anything about him in particular. He has a great leap and is growing increasingly hard at it. I have seen him play some Rebels footy and he appears to have some good endurance but obviously this can be a reason why some young guys are not drafted. I don't know weather we will see him much in the WFL this coming year. By all accounts he is a level headed young fella.

Yes i too have noticed his leap he takes alot of high flying marks in the forward line. Also by you describing him as a "level-headed young fella" does this by any chance mean you know him personally? if so would you be able to gather beep test, height, weight info?
it would be appreciated:thumbsu:

Yes i too have noticed his leap he takes alot of high flying marks in the forward line. Also by you describing him as a "level-headed young fella" does this by any chance mean you know him personally? if so would you be able to gather beep test, height, weight info?
I can if you want mate. As i said, i am friends with him and getting this info is pretty easy.

Be careful Red Dog, this might be love! Would you like to know what colour jocks he wears or what he eats for breakfast too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back