Silly Season.... Recruiting and other nonsense

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone put any truth to rumour of Midgley leavin burras to birchip/watchem

Untrue, that was written to stir up the Birchip boys and the Bizzel himself, as far as i know he will be stayin with the Burras. Birchip Watchem signed Johnno Doran as coach a couple of weeks ago. As for the travel from Horsham to Nully, its around 165km, but for a worthy cause as all four of us boys will be playing for our home team, definately a worthy cause.

Untrue, that was written to stir up the Birchip boys and the Bizzel himself, as far as i know he will be stayin with the Burras. Birchip Watchem signed Johnno Doran as coach a couple of weeks ago. As for the travel from Horsham to Nully, its around 165km, but for a worthy cause as all four of us boys will be playing for our home team, definately a worthy cause.
Scooter will be a huge loss for burras wears his heart on his sleeve when he plays and those sort of blokes are a dime a dozen these days. good luck to him.

Apparently the Horsham Saints are talking to a couple of key position players and a confident of them signing in the next week or two. Would be very handy additions to their 2008 side that lack a few quality big men.

think one of those players is justin chilver fom kalkee so would only be a fringe player i would have thought.

Still comments around about mal adams returning. Why would he want to when he left he stated his body was finished and if he didnt play district league he was going to retire. When he did leave went from being the clubs favourite son to everybody paying him out and making it public knowledge he had been paid plenty of $$$ for a long time time. its a shame but its not going to happen.

not much news of late???

rumours are the burra's will be getting joe milgate back next year after he starred in the couple of games he played this year....

Willing to throw any names around here juddtrain?
Is there anything happening down your way bumbles.... I heard only a rumor that belly might be taking a few with him to eagles??? That's just word of mouth can you set it straight and confirm anything

Is there anything happening down your way bumbles.... I heard only a rumor that belly might be taking a few with him to eagles??? That's just word of mouth can you set it straight and confirm anything

Not really Bairdy, its still the silly season and i guess as such its hard to say anything much in concrete...
Dennis is certainly chasing some of the Rats young list, however im fairly certain no-one has made the move across as yet.
Still, it may only be a matter of time as think there may be a bit being offered!!!

BJ Burton moving across is the biggest rumour, and probably the most concerning for the Rats at this stage, im tipping the Eagles would offer him plenty, he has mates there (as well as at Ararat) and on apprentice wages the extra coin would probably be pretty handy to him...
They have chased him before as well...

But yeh like i said, cant really say too much at this stage coz nothing is set in concrete and nothing has been signed (as far as i know), and in any case the clearances dont open til Feb..

Best i can say is that there are certainly other clubs (not just the eagles) looking at the promising younger players from the Rats.. but then again that is probably nothing new as im sure the same happens every year... stay tuned!

Not really Bairdy, its still the silly season and i guess as such its hard to say anything much in concrete...
Dennis is certainly chasing some of the Rats young list, however im fairly certain no-one has made the move across as yet.
Still, it may only be a matter of time as think there may be a bit being offered!!!

BJ Burton moving across is the biggest rumour, and probably the most concerning for the Rats at this stage, im tipping the Eagles would offer him plenty, he has mates there (as well as at Ararat) and on apprentice wages the extra coin would probably be pretty handy to him...

But yeh like i said, cant really say too much at this stage coz nothing is set in concrete and nothing has been signed (as far as i know), and in any case the clearances dont open til Feb..

Best i can say is that there are certainly other clubs (not just the eagles) looking at the promising younger players from the Rats.. but then again that is probably nothing new as im sure the same happens every year... stay tuned!

Yes you a right bumbles players do get chased from Ararat but they are notthe only victim all teams have their good young players chased. Ararat met with Andy Maconachie from taty the other week. Just means you cant take your young guns for granted.

Thanks for the update wreck

Yes you a right bumbles players do get chased from Ararat but they are notthe only victim all teams have their good young players chased. Ararat met with Andy Maconachie from taty the other week. Just means you cant take your young guns for granted.

Absolutely Magic, that is just the nature of the game these days... With any luck Maconachie will get a few games with the Rebels this year anyway would be good to see some more local kids go through the system!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah he hasnt signed with lake boga.. but yeah if he is going which as i say is a 60/40, he will go with his brother

Can confirm Scott smith has left the burras an will play with his brothers next year. Tough to leavs but the chance to play with his brothers for one year was always goin to win out. Could return in 2010!

Bloodline Burra, I heard that Kieran Delahunty is miles ahead of where his cousin, John, was at a similar age. Is he destined for big things?

Tough Question Fish 09. Hard to say at this stage, with alot of reputation to live up to, as John was vice captain at the Ballarat Rebels. But you never know he could go one better. Pace is the only thing that lets him down but i must say he doesn't have to be quick to beat older cousin Chris in a foot race

Yes very true if he went to ararat he would be a very handy recruit

Daniel Parkin has signed with Stawell and new coach Brad Cassidy expects him to play onball wing or flank for the coming season
Also Dale Power has signed with Stawell again

It will interesting to see how Parko goes up there this yr. After his yr off overseas. I saw him play some real cracker games at north but i must admit there was some days i didnt know he was playing. I think he'll be more consistent in the W.F.L. He had always intended on heading back stawell(his grass roots), Which is good for Country football. He loves a goal, great team player, his pace is very misleading in that when he looks like his going at top speed his still got one more gear left but more importantly he is a really top genuine bloke and asset to club as much off-field as on.

I rate him highly, In my opinion you can be the best footballer going around but if your shit bloke saturdays between 2pm-6pm for 20 weeks of the year is the only time people at your club have time for you. I.E Sonny Lindsay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back