Silly Season - Whispers

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Finger you sound like your a local passionate Warby man? I hear Brendan Murphy has been appointed as the coach up here this year. Would of thought that was an interesting appointment after reading some of the posts on hear regarding his on feild performances last season. I don't like to judge people as i don't have all the facts. But im curious to hear your thoughts and where you think the club is headed?

The OFCFNC mourns the passing of Life Member Arthur "Choofa" Charteris, who sadly left us on 26/12/2011.

Choofa is considered one of the very few "OFCFNC Legends", having been inducted as a Life Member 53 years ago, way back in 1958.

A former player, as well as committeeman, Arthurs origins with our club date right back to its beginnings in 1946 when Olinda and Ferny Creek merged to become who we are today. His involvement in our club up until the decline in his health, was still consistant right through to the end of 2010.

This is an extremely significant loss for our community, and our deepest sympathies are extended to all his family and friends.

REQUIESCAT IN PACE !

Very quiet out there... What is the whispers around your neck of the woods? When does Pre season resume?

Brookers resume next Monday (the 16th).

i see in a vain attempt to see the new coach win another league b and f
woori has signed his name sake. clever really it will also confuse local media carly mitchell your on notice.
it will put to rest the dribble when transfers open about ryan off to chirnside and may help the ruck stocks and kick a couple of goals along the way

does anyone have any info on how the bloods are doing over the pre season,
i cant understand why they havnt had any success since '88,their unders & reserves are usually tidy but they cant go on with it.
is the prob they dont recruit any big names? or cant they attract or afford these next level players?
i wouldve thought a big club like Healesville would be a main player.

does anyone have any info on how the bloods are doing over the pre season,
i cant understand why they havnt had any success since '88,their unders & reserves are usually tidy but they cant go on with it.
is the prob they dont recruit any big names? or cant they attract or afford these next level players?
i wouldve thought a big club like Healesville would be a main player.
Ask the previous coach he'll tell you why or maybe ask the players they seem to run the club!

Healesville a once proud and passionate club under the reigns of some inspirational and hard men through the 80's and 90's has now become a place for bar stories! It was as if when they moved the club from the glory days up Don rd to this supposed 5 star facility which they banked the succes of the club on, reality was quickly forgotten. Maybe the drive become to far to the ground instead of a quick stroll through the park after a counter lunch at The Grand? Anyone who knows anything about Yarra Valley footy knows the real men play for clubs along the WARBY HWY!

Which bit is it your seeking an answer to Sid? Or is it Snot? I suppose it would get confusing up there... You would have a runny nose 90% of the year. Hence the huge input of knowledge from Olinda on here as your indise with the flu.
Dunno about Sid, but I'd like to know the answers to the 10 big ones....

1. Why every YVMDFL season has to start with a rant from anonymous snipers?
  2. How, if Healesville are always falling apart at the seams, do they manage to put sides in finals each year?
  3. Why clubs don't know how much their coaches/gun players are getting paid, but everyone else does?
  4. And which shadowy figures have bankrolled them?
  5. If Woori's exodus of players actually occurs each year, how do they keep cloning all the doppelgängers?
  6. Why is all of Olinda populated by backwoodsmen with chronic sinusitis?
  7. Why it's so much further from Belgrave to Alex than it is from Alex to Belgrave?
  8. When will Upwey really leave for the EFL, VFL or Manangatang league?
  9. Why Gembrook is not the centre of a viable wind farming industry?
  10. Where will Vinnie Muccitelli do his pre-season?
....and the bonus question:
Why is Silvan still a footy club and not a parking lot?

Dunno about Sid, but I'd like to know the answers to the 10 big ones....

1. Why every YVMDFL season has to start with a rant from anonymous snipers?chill out gary, warby hwy has started with a couple of strange comments but it is a forum
  2. How, if Healesville are always falling apart at the seams, do they manage to put sides in finals each year?its a fair question, has had limited sucess at the top end with lots of talent coming through every year that they carnt keep due to culture issues
  3. Why clubs don't know how much their coaches/gun players are getting paid, but everyone else does?i think its easy to have a stab in the dark at coach or players payments , no one is going to come out and say its true or false, for example the reported figures with marsham at gembrook, within a couple of years has taken almost the same group except for clark, brown to within a kick, you would have to say even if it was 30k at least they are the real deal not mid table could of beens
  4. And which shadowy figures have bankrolled them?every club would have a go to man
  5. If Woori's exodus of players actually occurs each year, how do they keep cloning all the doppelgängers? A doppelganger, also spelled doppelgaenger, can be the ghost of a living person or any other sort of physical double that look very similar to the ghosts of the deceased. The idea of a doppelganger is sometimes similar to that of an "evil twin." The word doppelganger comes from the German Doppelgaenger, literally meaning "double-goer." Doppelgangers are also linked if not similar to crisis apparitions.

There are many different types of doppelganger, as the definition of the term has become somewhat loose, encompassing any sort of double. The doppelganger may be ghostly or appear in the flesh. It may be an "evil twin" unknown to the original person who causes mischief by confusing friends and relatives, or it may be the result of the original person being in two places at once through an act of magic. In some cases a person will come upon his own doppelganger who is typically engaged in some future activity. Scientists at the University Hospital in Geneva, Switzerland discovered that electrical stimulation of the brain, used to treat epilepsy, can produce the sensation of a doppelganger's presence in the patient.
  6. Why is all of Olinda populated by backwoodsmen with chronic sinusitis?
  7. Why it's so much further from Belgrave to Alex than it is from Alex to Belgrave? simple because one way you go up the spur and the other you go down
  8. When will Upwey really leave for the EFL, VFL or Manangatang league? not sure if upwey could compete the money that the dirt farms up there tip in
  9. Why Gembrook is not the centre of a viable wind farming industry?
  10. public liability issue as with the pine trees, the wind mills although they could generate more energythen a chris murhpy half time, actually any time spray. it was deemed unviable
  11. Where will Vinnie Muccitelli do his pre-season?
  12. yarra junction had a handy payout at the end of last year, thats right i forgot degraff gobbled that up
...and the bonus question:
Why is Silvan still a footy club and not a parking lot?
reading the efl forum silvan are going to smash div 4 this year
they might win 6 games this year if surrey park stay afloat and canterury continue there form

anyway not long to go now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

warby highway - nice reply
monnie hawk- didnt know your name was gary but having said that from memory its your round..... by the way most olinda people suffer from tinitus....due to the altitude however
Tinnitus can also be caused by natural hearing impairment (as is often seen in aging), as a side effect of some medications, and as a side effect of genetic (congenital) hearing loss. However, the most common cause is noise-induced hearing loss.
As tinnitus is usually a false subjective phenomenon, it is difficult to measure using objective tests, such as by comparison with noise of known frequency and intensity, as in an audiometric test. The condition is often rated clinically on a simple scale from "slight" to "catastrophic" according to the practical difficulties it imposes, such as interference with sleep, quiet activities, and normal daily activities.[1]
Tinnitus is common; for people between 55 and 65 years :Dhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinnitus#cite_note-1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinnitus#cite_note-1

makes me perfect sense to me sid
i left out q6 on monniehawk top ten

i think spider at times looks like he has been swinging an axe all day with slight hunch back, as for blake he may be the coop chef slash taste tester

warby highway - nice reply
monnie hawk- didnt know your name was gary but having said that from memory its your round..
Not yet! I still have Hayney and a few others to filch a beer off!
I'll get back to you when I've worked through the rest of your members list. I'm up to the h's now, Sid...;)
... by the way most olinda people suffer from tinitus....due to the altitude however
Tinnitus can also be caused by natural hearing impairment (as is often seen in aging), as a side effect of some medications, and as a side effect of genetic (congenital) hearing loss. However, the most common cause is noise-induced hearing loss.
As tinnitus is usually a false subjective phenomenon, it is difficult to measure using objective tests, such as by comparison with noise of known frequency and intensity, as in an audiometric test. The condition is often rated clinically on a simple scale from "slight" to "catastrophic" according to the practical difficulties it imposes, such as interference with sleep, quiet activities, and normal daily activities.[1]
Tinnitus is common; for people between 55 and 65 years :D
Tinnitus?
Or sinusitis, Sid?
Did you Google badly or go straight to Wikipedia?
Warby may have accidentally tagged you lot correctly!! :D

(Wait! ....Is that my doorbell.....?)

have heard whispers of possible season ending injury for coach at wandin. big blow to them if true. only rumours so far, but thats what this thread is all about no?

have heard whispers of possible season ending injury for coach at wandin. big blow to them if true. only rumours so far, but thats what this thread is all about no?

I would be very very very surprised if the coaches slight ailment makes him miss round 1... In other news ground is looking solid, which is good news for all.

Big Vin is bringing his wealth of football knowledge/experience and is back at Tigerland (Upwey) in 2012, but purely and ONLY in a coaching capacity.
It must be said however that he, and only he, has not totally given up on the idea of yet another comeback!! -watch this space... :eek:
So....'purely and ONLY in a coaching capacity', eh?
hehehe.

....except when he is playing. :D

Then, he could be Assistant Coach at Upwey and make a comeback at, say, Emerald?
Possible. :p

Sorry I didn't answer the hard hitting Monniehawk quiz... Maybe It's because I'm new on here but I struggled to know why you wouldn't want new threads coming through? Anyway that's my whinge out the way! Can anyone shine any light on the rumour of a possibility of Emerald gaining the services of Ryan Houlihan? By the way Monniehawk enjoy your next round of beers if your up to H that can only mean Bill Heppell, I can only imagine the stories!

Sorry I didn't answer the hard hitting Monniehawk quiz... Maybe It's because I'm new on here but I struggled to know why you wouldn't want new threads coming through? Anyway that's my whinge out the way! Can anyone shine any light on the rumour of a possibility of Emerald gaining the services of Ryan Houlihan? By the way Monniehawk enjoy your next round of beers if your up to H that can only mean Bill Heppell, I can only imagine the stories!
looks like emerald trying to put up a better fight than yarra glen did

Remove this Banner Ad

Silly Season - Whispers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back