Silly Season - Whispers

Remove this Banner Ad

looks like emerald trying to put up a better fight than yarra glen did

Pretty confident hoola hoops is at GWS as another assistant coach. But any hoolihan signing would benefit a YV club.

Slow start to clearances, perhaps league office struggling with work load at moment. Still a few names on the out, shembrook would dint the river pigs hopes of coming back up

looks like emerald trying to put up a better fight than yarra glen did

I have heard that Emerald will be missing around 8 from last years prem team (1 of the Kennys, Ruckman, 1 of the Cox boys, 1 of the Porters, Stevie Wright and a few others???) and that a few of the recruits they had lined up have taken off (Kev McLean for one). Not sure how true that is though. Haven't heard about Hooley.

As for others the whispers i have heard...(Just what i have heard!!!)

Upwey - Lost a couple, Porter new job unsure if playing, havent heard much.
Brookers - Despite crap written on here have kept all bar 2 retirements (creeper and Kidd) including AJ and have picked up a couple. Wayne Robbo to Junction
Monbulk - Picked up Junction coach - Selby - had a few retire - know not much more
Woori - Still hearing that they have Moorecroft and 1 other very handy player - Also have coach's namesake a big unit from Junction.
Olinda - Haven't heard much????
Warby - Heard have lost Ratray and White and Calder - Ouch if true...
Wandin - Have heard have picked up yet another 15 players from EFL - if coach's injury is more serious as talked about then that will hurt
Mt Eve - Have lost 1, 2 & 3 from B& F plus a few others - have picked up FF from junction who is more than handy
Heals - Not sounding good is the word...Few have left (Adams i have heard) and not much coming in.
Emerald - as above but not sure how true?

What have you all heard - can anyone confirm or knock out any of the above SPECULATION!!!

I have heard that Emerald will be missing around 8 from last years prem team (1 of the Kennys, Ruckman, 1 of the Cox boys, 1 of the Porters, Stevie Wright and a few others???) and that a few of the recruits they had lined up have taken off (Kev McLean for one). Not sure how true that is though. Haven't heard about Hooley.

Brookers - Despite crap written on here have kept all bar 2 retirements (creeper and Kidd) including AJ and have picked up a couple. Wayne Robbo to Junction
Monbulk - Picked up Junction coach - Selby - had a few retire - know not much more
Woori - Still hearing that they have Moorecroft and 1 other very handy player - Also have coach's namesake a big unit from Junction.
Wandin - Have heard have picked up yet another 15 players from EFL - if coach's injury is more serious as talked about then that will hurt
Mt Eve - Have lost 1, 2 & 3 from B& F plus a few others - have picked up FF from junction who is more than handy
Heals - Not sounding good is the word...Few have left (Adams i have heard) and not much coming in.

What have you all heard - can anyone confirm or knock out any of the above SPECULATION!!!
think it doesnt matter too much who upwey loses, always seems to recruit well to cover any losses.....woori only started on wednesday nite but the moorcroft seems a bit far fetched as he is still at romsey, maybe next year.......wandin coach will be fine, only a couple of weeks away from running again. keeping himself fit via other training methods......holesvill in alot of strife, apparently offering big coin to outsiders who are unproven, clutching at straws.....monvbulk could be dangerous, keeping a lid on things there as is olinda. and who really cares about mt ev

think it doesnt matter too much who upwey loses, always seems to recruit well to cover any losses.....woori only started on wednesday nite but the moorcroft seems a bit far fetched as he is still at romsey, maybe next year.......wandin coach will be fine, only a couple of weeks away from running again. keeping himself fit via other training methods......holesvill in alot of strife, apparently offering big coin to outsiders who are unproven, clutching at straws.....monvbulk could be dangerous, keeping a lid on things there as is olinda. and who really cares about mt ev

Gary left Romsey after the 2010 season, played at Bundoora last season

Shows what you know about contracts Upwey Fan, a AFL state league contract is binding and you can only be released by the club or gain a release when leaving a Cat 2 State League (TFL, NEAFL) to a Cat 1 State League (VFL, SANFL, WAFL) or direct onto an AFL list, these are not mickey mouse VCFL contractys but ones drafted by the AFL in the last 12 months and the clearances to State Leagues are automatic no approval needed when leaving VCFL clubs once a contract is signed

If this is the case why have clearances been submitted?

Kinglake Football/Netball Club AFL Canberra Newton, Mitchell Pending 01/02/12

Kinglake Football/Netball Club AFL Canberra Walsh, Reece Pending 01/02/12

Does that Mt.Ev 1,2,3 in the B&F include Benny Farrugia ? I think he and the family just moved to Coloundra ???

Whats going on with Div 2 this year? Give me something!

Was expecting to hear plenty from junction.Tyson wheeler off to wandin and selby to monbulk, both can play.
Early talk was Belgrave were looking good are those pickups still on the cards?
Yarra glen have lost a few.
Alex, Kinglake, Yea, Powelly?
2 or 3 seinor players gone from the potato chip, but still have depth. Eckers hasnt been ruled out. Will be thereabouts again. If O'Donnell doesnt play ranges he will be one to look out for this year, he racked up 6 best ons in 7 or 8 senior games last year as a 16-17 year old. Having quaily 18s sides the last few years has helped inject a a lot of handy kids in the senior team, this year will be no different. No good pickups that i am aware of though which is a bit of a concern.

Ive got nothing really i just wanna get some talk happening...

Whats going on with Div 2 this year? Give me something!

Was expecting to hear plenty from junction.Tyson wheeler off to wandin and selby to monbulk, both can play.
Early talk was Belgrave were looking good are those pickups still on the cards?
Yarra glen have lost a few.
Alex, Kinglake, Yea, Powelly?
2 or 3 seinor players gone from the potato chip, but still have depth. Eckers hasnt been ruled out. Will be thereabouts again. If O'Donnell doesnt play ranges he will be one to look out for this year, he racked up 6 best ons in 7 or 8 senior games last year as a 16-17 year old. Having quaily 18s sides the last few years has helped inject a a lot of handy kids in the senior team, this year will be no different. No good pickups that i am aware of though which is a bit of a concern.

Ive got nothing really i just wanna get some talk happening...

Heard selby was bench coach (whatever that is) at Monbulk - not playing.
Eckers to East Ringwood? Shore has left seville as well.
Alex have lost a few. No clearances lodged for Yea, but heard their new coach is alright. Haven't heard anything else of interest.

Is the points system still in place rather than a salary cap? If so, have the points total for differant players from leagues changed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any idea Upwey Fan on how much players are worth?
Clubs will have a maximum of 32 points allowed to take the field in their Senior team each week.
1 Point
. Local player
. player who played with the DRJFL . player returning to former or original club . player registered with your club as at 31/8/07
2 Points
. All VCFL players . VAFA players . All VIC Metro players
. includes players from other YVMDFL clubs . Regardless of Grade . Regardless of Division
3 Points
. State League players . TAC Cup players
. VFL, SANFL, WAFL, AFL NSW/ACT/NT/AFLQ
4 Points
. AFL players

Thanks Upwey Fan. Youd have to think with Wandin adding another three YVMDFL players and 6 more points plus there heavy influx in inports last year and this there pushing 32.

Thanks Upwey Fan. Youd have to think with Wandin adding another three YVMDFL players and 6 more points plus there heavy influx in inports last year and this there pushing 32.

Wandin has successfully lobbied the league to have 42 points this year . This is due to wandin improving the standard of the league with all these players. Also we are near silvan.

On a serious note, thanks finger for concern , but all players who return from previous year also have a point deducted ... Also returning juniors are one pointers. Like the one pointer I'm giving you now!

Wandin has successfully lobbied the league to have 42 points this year . This is due to wandin improving the standard of the league with all these players. Also we are near silvan.

On a serious note, thanks finger for concern , but all players who return from previous year also have a point deducted ... Also returning juniors are one pointers. Like the one pointer I'm giving you now!

So what your basically saying is that its possible to basically fill two sides with imports and you wont go over 32 points? Seems the point system is as irrelevent as the salary cap.

So what your basically saying is that its possible to basically fill two sides with imports and you wont go over 32 points? Seems the point system is as irrelevent as the salary cap.

Basically you are flogging a dead horse... Basically WFC had 2 pointers come in in 2011.

FYI kingy is still playing, so locals are happy. Missed you finger

Hang on - check this out

The king brothers
The Bayliss brothers
The young brothers
The Thornton brothers
The efl brothers

Plus 6. - 8 individuals roaming thru the senior squad.

Just checking all those brothers, it sounds like we are the wowara!

Finger do not take the obvious return of serve either please

Hang on - check this out

The king brothers
The Bayliss brothers
The young brothers
The Thornton brothers
The efl brothers

Plus 6. - 8 individuals roaming thru the senior squad.

Just checking all those brothers, it sounds like we are the wowara!

Finger do not take the obvious return of serve either please

We all know what happened to Wowara. History about to repeat?

Heard selby was bench coach (whatever that is) at Monbulk - not playing.
Eckers to East Ringwood? Shore has left seville as well.
Alex have lost a few. No clearances lodged for Yea, but heard their new coach is alright. Haven't heard anything else of interest.

First ive heard of it, but he played all his footy there before coming to seville so it could be the case. Early mail was he was having a "year off" but the boys we hoping he would get keen closer to the start of the season.

Yea have lost about 4 senior players from last year plus a handful of the better under 18 players. Including Big Darren Murcott heading back to melbourne to play footy this year.

Not good news. The were struggling to fill their senior teams in the second half of last year.

If yarra glen are even remotely close to last year they would have to be early favorites. Unless seville or junction do some decent late recruiting. Looks like it will be a pretty even year between the top 4 or 5 sides. No standouts like the blues and emerald last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Silly Season - Whispers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back