Rumour Silvagni trade value?

Remove this Banner Ad

Silva is def a required player, we are likely to lose Grover, Faulks and possibly Anthony at the end of the year. He has only played one game this year but has been a good defender for us prior to that. Worth a second rounder or a high draft pick upgrade :)

How is Anthony possibly leaving at years end?
Anthony is contracted until the end of 2013.

I reckon Lyon will get Anthony playing good AFL Footy over the next 18 months.

he's contracted until the end of 2013, so you'd need to trade. hawks, dees, blues and cats would also be interested, i reckon. late first rounder or early second rounder if he's as well-regarded in the eastern states as he appears to be.

No way in the world would anyone trade a 1st round draft picking for Silvangi, and frankly they'd be bloody mad to.....

When he's in form, he's a better defender than Dawson every day of the week. Sadly, his last two performances for us have been his worst in Fremantle colours, by a long long way.

How is Anthony possibly leaving at years end?
Anthony is contracted until the end of 2013.

I reckon Lyon will get Anthony playing good AFL Footy over the next 18 months.

Yea I know he is still got another year, but is he a realistic chance at being paid out if we need the extra spot on the list. He hasnt exactly done anything with his opportunities so far. It is unlikely that he will get a game next year if we draft and contract some KPFs in the off-season.

Silvagni's best is better than Dawson's.

That may be true but Dawson has been more consistent and is undoubtedly (and correctly) 2nd picked in the backline after McPharlin each week.

No way in the world would anyone trade a 1st round draft picking for Silvangi, and frankly they'd be bloody mad to.....
depends on the competition. silvagni is well regarded here in the melbourne and if clubs are jockeying for his services and if he's wanting to go and we find his loss can be covered, then the club goes for the best deal.

depends on the competition. silvagni is well regarded here in the melbourne and if clubs are jockeying for his services and if he's wanting to go and we find his loss can be covered, then the club goes for the best deal.

If we got a 2nd round pick they should erect a bronze statue of Bond.

I'd rather keep him but his MV would be down

That may be true but Dawson has been more consistent and is undoubtedly (and correctly) 2nd picked in the backline after McPharlin each week.
I'm not sure why he has to be pitted against Dawson. McPhee's role seems perfectly suited to Silvagni if he can get his act together. I honestly don't think we've missed anything in Silvagni's absence.

I'm not sure why he has to be pitted against Dawson. McPhee's role seems perfectly suited to Silvagni if he can get his act together. I honestly don't think we've missed anything in Silvagni's absence.

If he can find form - he could be our 2nd ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'd be close to a first round pick if he had been playing this year, but unfortunately he was on the outer with Ross from the start. But you never know, one of the new clubs might be willing to part with promising player or close to a first round if they get desperate enough. I doubt Gold Coast can afford another bad season, so they will be looking for experienced players at seasons end.

If I recall correctly Port traded pick 33 for Hawthorns dud ruckman.

Said it elsewhere ages ago that geelong and other vic clubs were sniffing around at beginning of season was reported by David Parkin and Pickering.

Geelong need defenders desperately with so many of theirs reaching the end of career.

With him not getting games it brings down trade value.
So hope he stays and is still around when Mcpharlin retires.

I dont think he wants to leave.
Def believe that others are after him, and ofcourse with him not getting games he may have to take up the offers and ask for a trade.

Like I said initially, his performances this year have been his worst that he's played for us.

McPhee protects the young guys (see him in the Melbourne game when Mz I think was taken down), can do the job on smalls, and provides some run.

Which of those things makes Silvagni a swap for him? Seriously - do people pull names out of a hat?
I agree, I don't see how Silvagni covers McPhee's job at all. He doesn't run or deliver the ball half as good as McPhee. Silvagni is a KPD, McPhee is not.

Silvagni for late 2nd rounder I would do. Can throw in 1 of delisted candidates also if interested. Perhaps Hutchins?

Personally, I dont think silvagni has ever played at the level dawson. He had a good game against franklin, and one on brown, but in general I think he is largely overrated by us as a supporter group.

I like silvagni, and my preferrence would be to keep him... but if crazy vossy wants to throw a late first rounder at us, adn some cash a silvagni, then id be all for letting him go. He can play, but if he went to brisbane, and he played on Pav, id be pretty confident Pav would win out pretty easily

Remove this Banner Ad

Back