Opinion Simmo is on very thin ice or he will be sanderson 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't know that, bit of a strange choice then? Must have a brilliant football brain.
Always has had, even when he used to play noticed this compared to some others.

The thing is that Cox has been given Pyke's job on top of his rucking coaching role and for such an inexperienced coach was not the way to go. There lies the problem in my opinion.

R u just going by "Pyke left and we r worse so must be because he left"? Or do u actually have details and not be a simpleton.

Let's not forget Pyke at Adelaide is using Simpsons brand he helped develop at hawthorn and implemented at west coast. For all the talk about Adelaide, they r still 7th. Let's not get too excited.

I think people r thinking he has some magic setup at stoppages that opposition can't handle and will never work out and never try to stop. Afl isn't that complicated game regarding things like that.
Pyke has had to deal with his best midfielder leaving .... Imagine simmo trying to hold this team with prid.....aaaaahahaha

couldnt keep a straight face ......

So... maybe just maybe Simmo read this thread. He has gone nuts with the changes.Dropping Lycett, not recalling Emac, dropping Ellis and dropping Duggan. hahahahahahah. Get rid off Masten and I will be happy :)

If this why you started this thread then Simmo is not the only one who has gone nuts.

the thing that continues to be concerning about simpson, is that he has failed to instill any self belief or mental fortitude in this group. we continually crumble under pressure. we go to pieces when challenged in big games. although tactically astute, he does not seem to be an inspirational figure who truly commands the collective group.

he under-achieved massively in his first year and over-achieved somewhat in his second. he's now on track to under-achieve massively again in year 3, which will put him back behind the mark in terms of delivering what we as a club should expect from a senior coach.

The capitulation and lack of composure was reminiscent of '14, which was very troublesome. Whatever was done last year doesn't seem to have carried over. The opportunity is there for the coaches to rectify this no and with the bye. Going backwards after such a good season in '15 is not a good look, but if they can't show any ability to bounce back, that is even worse. The challenge is on, I'm curious to see how the coaching staff respond.

The thing is that Cox has been given Pyke's job on top of his rucking coaching role and for such an inexperienced coach was not the way to go. There lies the problem in my opinion.

Hmm, I thought Rawlings took on most of those duties, with Cox only doing stoppages?

How can this happen to the Eagles? Aren't they the most financially stable in the competition?

Whoever is in charge of hiring the coaching panel is essentially stating that Cox is a superstar coach. This is evident with his quick internal promotions only a year or so out of football. This defies logic. Did they even interview anyone else or is it such a boys club that all promotions must be internal?

No, he hasn't. Brady Rawlings is the midfield coach. How many times is this rubbish going to be regurgitated on this forum?

Argue on simmo knows what he is doing miginnity hasn't got the pace no more that's what we lack pace east Perth change lamb around to the midfield he gets 29 processions why haven't they given him ago where we are lacking pace Masten needs to go back to WAFL lycett also and eMac why he back there I don't no we need him tomorrow so gov can cover the ground (Actual quote from someone from the West Coast Eagles Facebook page)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well I guess he is officially on thin Ice now. I am pretty sure we have the worst Midfield setup in the comp. We ave to go hard after WA talent, Coniglio or O'merea. Anyone will do at this point.

Hmm, I thought Rawlings took on most of those duties, with Cox only doing stoppages?
From my understanding Pyke was the stoppages/strategist coach and I'm led to believe Cox took on both of these extra roles, but of course it's all hearsay so who knows. It's not Cox's fault but the hierarchy who should have replaced Pyke with a coach of similar ability. Maybe they tried and couldn't find anybody?

well I guess he is officially on thin Ice now. I am pretty sure we have the worst Midfield setup in the comp. We ave to go hard after WA talent, Coniglio or O'merea. Anyone will do at this point.
Officially he's contracted to the end of 2019 so that ice isn't particularly thin at all

Omeara wants to play footy in Victoria, what are we going to do? Kidnap him

If one game and percentage is keeping us out of top 4 a season after a grand final appearance is putting Simmo on thin ice then I expect every coach of every team below him to get the sack at the end of the year.

simmo cannot be signgle handedlybe blamed for the midfield issue. its more of a recruiting issue over the last decade. Since simmo has been here they have targeted, Duggan,sheed, Waterman, Cavka, nelson, waterman, parto, snadden,mutimer and yeo, redden and jetta through the draft.

sheed, nelson and duggo have ton of potential but will need time. The rest of the kids are showing some signs here and there. Not every kid is gonna start dominating from day one and will take a while till they play some good footy consistently. Yeo, Redden and jetta are the recruits we have got since simmo walked in. Im not 100% sold on yeo to the midfield yet but because he isn't a natural midfielder, it might take a few seasons for him to get things going. Redden was targeted for his contested ball ability, unfortunately he came into the club as damaged goods. Re Jetta, im not sure where i stand.

This is simmo's third year and he took a pretty average list and turned them around in a grand finalist in his second year. This year has been dissapointing but i don't think its dissapointing enough to say simmo is on thin ice.

simmo cannot be signgle handedlybe blamed for the midfield issue. its more of a recruiting issue over the last decade. Since simmo has been here they have targeted, Duggan,sheed, Waterman, Cavka, nelson, waterman, parto, snadden,mutimer and yeo, redden and jetta through the draft.

sheed, nelson and duggo have ton of potential but will need time. The rest of the kids are showing some signs here and there. Not every kid is gonna start dominating from day one and will take a while till they play some good footy consistently. Yeo, Redden and jetta are the recruits we have got since simmo walked in. Im not 100% sold on yeo to the midfield yet but because he isn't a natural midfielder, it might take a few seasons for him to get things going. Redden was targeted for his contested ball ability, unfortunately he came into the club as damaged goods. Re Jetta, im not sure where i stand.

This is simmo's third year and he took a pretty average list and turned them around in a grand finalist in his second year. This year has been dissapointing but i don't think its dissapointing enough to say simmo is on thin ice.
I can blame him for the baffling selection policy he's employed for most of the year though. Oh look a young player has come in, had a couple of decent games and played with more intent than most of the senior guys put together, better drop him now for a guy who's done nothing all year and stunk up the Wafl

I can blame him for the baffling selection policy he's employed for most of the year though. Oh look a young player has come in, had a couple of decent games and played with more intent than most of the senior guys put together, better drop him now for a guy who's done nothing all year and stunk up the Wafl
its just not him. We have been this conservative for ages when it came to selections. I was surprised that karpany was taken to melbourne and was 100% certain that nelson would be selected for yeo. I have always thought the MC live by the motto "the known devil is better than the unknown devil" and thats why mcginnity and hutchings have been the go to guy.

i agree, i hoped for simmo being an coming from outside would have changed stuff but at the end of the day he has too many people above him. We actually needed a very tough/strong character to come in and change things around. Walsh and pyke seem to be those type of blokes. I love simmo but i think he is too reserved.

Which particular example is that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Simmo is on very thin ice or he will be sanderson 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back