Simon Tunbridge to leave GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely he'a going to want to join the Eagles then? Would we want to blow a fairly high pick, which is probably what it would take, for a player who doesn't want to be here?

Pity, I liked the idea of picking him up for a bit of a bargain.

I can't think of a single reason why someone would want to join the Eagles. I suspect they are holding him hostage - and it's our job to liberate him.

If they do in fact pick him up with 23 or 28 as is being suggested, that simply means another quality mid or tall slides to us at 29.

The Eagles paying overs is hardly a loss on our part.

Although, I do question why they would want another KPF, if they were going for a tall surely a defender would be their priority. With Glass (probably) going into his last season next year, Brown continually injured and Schofield- at least in my opinion- more of a tall winger/swingman than 1v1 defender, the need to reinforce the stocks down back is certainly there.

Possibly smoke and mirrors?

In Bond we trust.

I'd say it's more of a matter of eagles being keen on him, then him keen on the eagles. He goes for freo and would prefer to be there.
Hopefully eagles nab a coupla duds with 23 and 28 so then we can grab him with pick 50 something as I'd say interstate clubs wouldn't bother

If they do in fact pick him up with 23 or 28 as is being suggested, that simply means another quality mid or tall slides to us at 29.

The Eagles paying overs is hardly a loss on our part.

Although, I do question why they would want another KPF, if they were going for a tall surely a defender would be their priority. With Glass (probably) going into his last season next year, Brown continually injured and Schofield- at least in my opinion- more of a tall winger/swingman than 1v1 defender, the need to reinforce the stocks down back is certainly there.

Possibly smoke and mirrors?

In Bond we trust.

He can play at both ends and by some reports is more of a KPD than KPF anyway.

Ah, was under the impression he was a forward. (Hence the hype for him on this forum)

Ha, I do suppose that my reasoning against them getting him now sadly applies.

On that note, I think Lockyer is as good a prospect as a versatile KPP and if the Eagles take a punt on Tunbridge should still be there at 29.

Ah, was under the impression he was a forward. (Hence the hype for him on this forum)

Ha, I do suppose that my reasoning against them getting him now sadly applies.

On that note, I think Lockyer is as good a prospect as a versatile KPP and if the Eagles take a punt on Tunbridge should still be there at 29.

Agreed, Lockyer at 29 would be a good fit selection-wise and needs-wise.

Using 20 on Tunbridge seems too much of a reach at this stage. Depends what else is available. And like someone said, if WC takes him earlier, someone else slides to us.

Surely he'a going to want to join the Eagles then? Would we want to blow a fairly high pick, which is probably what it would take, for a player who doesn't want to be here?

Pity, I liked the idea of picking him up for a bit of a bargain.

He and his family are Docker supporters so I think he would be more than happy playing for Freo.

They are Eagles from what I was told.

Yeah. This was addressed earlier in the thread. I would be mightily surprised if Rod has changed sides. Simon, I'm not so sure on. I have my son working on this at present.

That's if he finally gets off his arse and does what I ask.:mad::D

And Rod, or Simon, if you happen to read this, I'm dubbsy's dad ;.

I really cant see him being in the Eagles sights with their picks 23 & 28 and i'm pretty sure we wouldn't grab him with our first 3 picks, which would suggest that he would be either a late pick for us or might not even make it on a senior list, which would make him an absolute steal (I really doubt any non-WA club would touch him).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really cant see him being in the Eagles sights with their picks 23 & 28 and i'm pretty sure we wouldn't grab him with our first 3 picks, which would suggest that he would be either a late pick for us or might not even make it on a senior list, which would make him an absolute steal (I really doubt any non-WA club would touch him).

That's what I'm hoping. Although most clubs back their ability to keep interstate players so I'm not counting on it. If he lasted to pick 58 we would very likely pull the trigger (depending on who else slides).

Surely anything above rookie draft would be reaching. Has to be a few questions about desire if he packed it in after one year doesnt there? Or is there more to it maybe, close relative sick etc??

Surely anything above rookie draft would be reaching. Has to be a few questions about desire if he packed it in after one year doesnt there? Or is there more to it maybe, close relative sick etc??

You would think that a pre-selection pick by GWS would hold a higher rating then rookie pick. I think Chris placed in around the 30+ mark. It really depnds on WC and what we have selected prior. But if we got him with a 3rd or 4th pick we are miles in front IMO.

I know that its all BF hype but this draft appears to have more depth then first thought.

You would think that a pre-selection pick by GWS would hold a higher rating then rookie pick. I think Chris placed in around the 30+ mark. It really depnds on WC and what we have selected prior. But if we got him with a 3rd or 4th pick we are miles in front IMO.

I know that its all BF hype but this draft appears to have more depth then first thought.

i think the first part of this statement is the thing though. its all big footy hype.... i remember the year where everyone on here loved a forward named PAnos.... you would have thought he was going to kick a hundred goals in his first year... well three years later he has only just been elevated from the rookie list. the additions of guys like barlow, ballantyne and broughton have certainly spiced the draft period up though, everyone is looking for the next mick B

Kinda like the DeBoer scenario eh? Didn't he choose not to nominate in his 1st eligible year when he would've gone in the 1st or 2nd round? Then there was nothing on him and we got him in the 2nd rd of the rookie draft the following year.

It wasn't that there was nothing on him, it was that he'd been over-exposed and people had started to pick at his skills.

It wasn't that there was nothing on him, it was that he'd been over-exposed and people had started to pick at his skills.
With the benefit of hindsight you'd suggest he belongs somewhere in the middle between where he actually went in the rookie draft and hype before of first or high second round.

There is zero question regarding his desire. None.

He's a country lad who simply wants to come home.

As simple as that.

What affect would it have on our ability to get him with him training with the Eagles?

Is it because the Eagles are keen on him and are trying to determine exactly what pick they will use on him? Will we be able to attend these training sessions/access information regarding his performances or would that be classified and kept by the Eagles?

What affect would it have on our ability to get him with him training with the Eagles?

Is it because the Eagles are keen on him and are trying to determine exactly what pick they will use on him? Will we be able to attend these training sessions/access information regarding his performances or would that be classified and kept by the Eagles?

WCE pre-season is as open as ours is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Simon Tunbridge to leave GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back