News Simpson sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Egg heads will dismiss this as irrelevant, but WC are not the same bunch of powerbrokers running the show as a few years ago.

Essendon poaching Vosso for CEO at Tullamarine was a very strategic appointment by our club. We wanted the best.

Eagles have to replace all that experience behind the scenes plus find a coach who can handle the heat of an arduous rebuild period.

You’ve done it before…you’ll do it again. Just give it 4 years or so.

They started over 12 months ago.;)

I know it was a throwaway comment in a press conference on what was a stressful day for him, but come on Adam. You're probably walking away with a million bucks from the Eagles.

Some of us are genuinely tightening the financial belt in these troubled times. I doubt we'll see him down at ALDI.
This made me this about how Simmo is a franchiser for a couple Hungry Jack's in Perth, which in turn got me wondering...
Do franchisers actually do anything other than sign off on expenditures? Surely if it's a taxing job you wouldn't be able to do it concurrently with being a professional football coach. More money more problems is the biggest lie ever told.

Rumours on reddit are saying that Simpson was walking past Reid in the staff canteen and said "is that your tray?" Before Reid could answer Simpson took his tray. There were no trays left so Reid had to carry his pie & Big M to the table separately I.e in two trips.

Players made a whatsapp group called "tray thief boss man."
The audio's been isolated and your source was just a little off bresker. While he did look down to Reid's tray, Reid, surprisingly, hadn't gone with his usual pie and big M. I.e. it wasn't
you had your say, but
tu - na - mor - nay?

Chris Pratt Interview GIF

So Harley Reid white anted Simmo?

Doubt it given his reaction
IMG_1492.png

Just the usual taking a snippet of something out of context and making a mountain out of a molehill. People reading way too much into what Simpson said and Harley's reaction without knowing what was actually said.

My sources tell me that Simmo and Harley are both music nerds and have been having heated arguments about the subject. It came to a head when they hit upon the subject of which Kanye West song is the best. Reid felt that 'All Mine' is Ye's finest moment, whilst Simmo insisted that the old school 'Heard Em Say' has never been topped.

Simmo was just reminding him of that here.

Given the following context;
  • Simmo had a dig at a specific journalist in his presser
  • Simmo had a dig at the broader media in his presser
  • Simmo had a dig/pushed back on Pyke in his presser
Then I don't think it's unfair to say he was clearly in a pretty feisty mood.

If we accept those things as true, then I think on the balance of probabilities... yeah... he was having a dig at Harley Reid here.
Try again.

"You'll have the same" is what simmo said

The "you'll have" is very clear in the audio with decent headphones

Found a post explaining it-
"You'll have the same", referencing the amount of media attention Harley Reid gets. You can see him gesturing with his hand holding the paper to Harley on "You", then to the cameras on "same"—that gesture doesn't really make sense with either "You've had your say" or "You have to stay".

Try again.

"You'll have the same" is what simmo said

The "you'll have" is very clear in the audio with decent headphones

Found a post explaining it-
"You'll have the same", referencing the amount of media attention Harley Reid gets. You can see him gesturing with his hand holding the paper to Harley on "You", then to the cameras on "same"—that gesture doesn't really make sense with either "You've had your say" or "You have to stay".
Dude you have literally spam posted this 4 times in 4 different freds and even on the North board, its time for bed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, it's not bullshit because the AFL introduced rules for clubs where they only had to pay out 6 months of their remaining contract.

This didn't affect WCE or Freo, because the club's licences aren't owned by the AFL.

Also, that would've triggered the soft cap tax, which is why it would've cost so much.

There was enough reporting on this just last year.
Got any references to support this suggestion that there’s a 6 month limit on payouts of coaches contracts and that the Eagles and Dockers are the only clubs exempted from this? It sounds wrong.

Got any references to support this suggestion that there’s a 6 month limit on payouts of coaches contracts and that the Eagles and Dockers are the only clubs exempted from this? It sounds wrong.

I believe the 6 month payout is for clubs managed by the AFL. So the AFL just looking out for their own bad decisions

I believe the 6 month payout is for clubs managed by the AFL. So the AFL just looking out for their own bad decisions

In short, it doesn't apply to WC and about 5-6 other clubs

That’s just abhorrent, although that paper has been trying to get Simmo sacked for a couple of weeks. If the weagles had any bottle they’d cut the sponsorship they get from the West Australian. Totally disrespectful to a bloke who won a premiership.

People seem to agree but it doesn’t stop them clicking. A rage click is still a click. That’s all they care about.

News Simpson sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back