Slowest, worst midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

skywalk750 said:
Your the delusional one.

The only player you listed that has any pace and acceleration is Lovett and he is far from being a midfielder.

Agree the amount of Essendon fans seriously talking up their midfield is hilarious.

Ramanauskaus?, Lovett? - geezus at one point sheedy was throwing solomon in their trying to fabricate a midfield during the season...

Big probs in their still for mine.............................

sainter35 said:
Agree the amount of Essendon fans seriously talking up their midfield is hilarious.

Ramanauskaus?, Lovett? - geezus at one point sheedy was throwing solomon in their trying to fabricate a midfield during the season...

Big probs in their still for mine.............................
and yet we beat yours...

sainter35 said:

I can only see one person talking the Essendon midfield up. The rest have said it is pretty average but improving.

sainter35 said:

Solomon didn't go into the midfield at all in 2005. He did in 2004 and finished third in the best and fairest.

Lovett rotated between the wing and half forward. Full time midfielder he is not, part of our midfield rotation and depth he is. No one could deny that he didn't have a very good season.

As for Ramanauskas, the only question mark over him is his ability to come back after a knee reconstruction. If you are writing off his football ability then you have seen very little footy.

bunsen burner said:
Delusional.

note: the thread said slowest and worst. Essendon has one of the worst midfields. And it's not as fast as you think either.

I wouldn't class Lovett as a midfielder just yet. JJ is slow, and Stanton can only run fast.

Id rather have our midfield then your forward line, no one should rely on a circus midget to kick their goals.

Longy413 said:
If you are writing off his football ability then you have seen very little footy.

judging by some of his posts he wouldnt have a clue what he is debating about, he is up their with tigger in regards to knowledge on essendon.

zero.

Pav for AA said:
Why, the only player out of those three with any real quality is Johnson. Deledio is fast sure, nut he has played one year and I expect his output to be greatly reduced next year as the tag tightens and couglan may get alot of the ball, but he is slow and his disposal is very, very average.
I think they fit the bill very well

Well we destroyed your midfield at the G early in the year and broke even at Subiaco.

Inside 50's

Round 4 Richmond 67 - 49 Freo
Round 19 Freo 49 - 48 Richmond

Back to the topic but I think everyone has forgotten Geelong.

Ling, Bartel, Kelly, Corey, Enright are all decent players but I wouldn't call any of them Stawell Gift runners.

Pace in midfield is genearally over-rated. Just gives guys like Walls an excuse to explain a teams failings instead of delving a bit deeper into the issue.

The Lions had Black, Aker, Voss, Lappin, Copeland, Notting, Pike. Aker is the only one there with genuine speed and they won three flags in a row.

The ability to seem together is the best ability, not pace.

Carlton would have to have the weakest midfield, because in my view they (currently) don't have any depth at all.

banzai said:
Well we destroyed your midfield at the G early in the year and broke even at Subiaco.

Inside 50's

Round 4 Richmond 67 - 49 Freo
Round 19 Freo 49 - 48 Richmond

wouldnt worry mate pav is a bit of a flog....interesting that he didnt qualify why he selected those teams...perhaps there should be a new thread titled 'which club/team displays no ticker'...

i think we all know who wins this hands down and have since entering the AFL.... ;)

bunsen burner said:
Delusional.

note: the thread said slowest and worst. Essendon has one of the worst midfields. And it's not as fast as you think either.

I wouldn't class Lovett as a midfielder just yet. JJ is slow, and Stanton can only run fast.

Lovett not classed as a midfield his a ********en gun how the hell wouldnt u rate him ur a ****************, his 1 of the best quickest and skilled players every

Pav for AA said:
For me, its out of Port, Ricmond Essendon collingwood and the blues, thoughts?
u say that richmond dont have a fast gun midfield they do have a gun midfield there got deledio, jane johnson, nathen brown can play there and tuck thats a good midfield to me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

add the additional leg speed of Motlop and Lonie to-

Shaun Burgoyne
Peter Burgoyne
Kane Cornes
Josh Francou
Domenic Cassisi
Stuey Dew
Steve Salopek
Adam Thomson

all of a sudden our midfield stocks are looking alright

catters_99 said:
Lovett not classed as a midfield his a ********en gun how the hell wouldnt u rate him ur a ****************, his 1 of the best quickest and skilled players every

A) Midfielder
B) He's
C)Commas are good, as is EVER

FFS ARE PEOPLE EVEN REMOTELY EDUCATED AROUND HERE????

Pav for AA said:
For me, its out of Port, Ricmond Essendon collingwood and the blues, thoughts?

Isn't your midfield rated as one of the best? Funny that seeing we smash your side in that area everytime we play you. By the way Peter Burgoyne, Francou and Kane Cornes are not Sh*t and rated alot more then your soft midfield.

Tredders66 said:
Isn't your midfield rated as one of the best? Funny that seeing we smash your side in that area everytime we play you. By the way Peter Burgoyne, Francou and Kane Cornes are not Sh*t and rated alot more then your soft midfield.

Forgot him, he doesn't have any idea about AFL.

Tredders66 said:

I rate Peter Burgoyne, he is a class player, Kornes is a good tagger but apart from that there isn't much, Motlop will play up foward so why he was even mentioned is beyond me.

Generally it is a slow midfield and the likes of Cassisi and Co. are hardly first or second tier midfielders, surely you'd agree with that?

sante said:
Richmond? We don't have the worst and its not that slow with Rodan and Deledio in there.
Don't include Rodan. He is still unproven.

Tuck - Decent leg speed. Not overly quick, but not slow either. Gun at getting the hard ball. Great tackler.
Coughlan - OP has slowed him down. Not the greatest skills either but still a gun at the hard ball. Prolific tackler.
Johnson - Slow. Can get the hard ball, but not the greatest skills. Good tackler.
Deledio - Very fast, superb skills.
Newman - Decent speed, good negator, good defensive skills, great foot skills, pity he isn't used in midfield more. Great tackler.
Hyde - Decent speed, good evasive skills, not the greatest foot skills.

Can't really add anyone else to that. We've got good grunt in there, but we lack class runners and finishers. All the others are unproven and too young.

We're probably top five when it comes to winning the hard ball. But using it well into our forward line? Definitely bottom five.

sante said:
Richmond? We don't have the worst and its not that slow with Rodan and Deledio in there.

I'm sorry, I haven't explained that very well.
Let's go through it properly.

KJ: Classy player, respect/ but not the fastest we've seen and he aint gettin quicker.
Coughlan: Slow, gets alot of the ball but disposal is lacking
Tuck: Hardworker but not a fast player
Deledio: Quick, skilled, when the pressure is off, next year will be his make or break year, how he deals with the tag will be interesting.
Rodan is a hack.

Who else is in there?

catters_99 said:
Come back to me when you can compile a sentence, idiot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Slowest, worst midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back