80 Chad Reschke
81 Cam Nyko
82 Tom Beaumont
83 Amin Naim
84 Caleb Windsor
85 Oskar Smartt
86 Flynn Riley*
87 Joe Pike*

* denotes that i have the rucks placed roughly where i think they are at, however apart from Ethan Read and Mitch Edwards (in which i am confident of where they are at), its only Will Green and Taylor Goad that have been improving and impressive, the others, in my opinion are only rookie chances with Evan Smith being the best of the rest.
Thanks Smythe.
I would be interested to know is this listing based on boys in their draft year (turning 18
18 this year).
If so what do you make of overeagers, eg boys who turned 18 least year and may be late developers, come from out of the system, and/or had injuries in their draft year?

Thanks Smythe.
I would be interested to know is this listing based on boys in their draft year (turning 18
18 this year).
If so what do you make of overeagers, eg boys who turned 18 least year and may be late developers, come from out of the system, and/or had injuries in their draft year?
Yeah generally, but in terms of overagers, this year i am not seeing much in terms of nd draftable talent. Tye Gander has shown a little bit, hine-baston showing his speed, lock down abilities and wares as well, flynn riley is also starting to learn his body too, however rookie chances at best imo.

Rankings Update
Hopefully no missing talent or mistakes

1 Harley Reid
2 Jed Walter
3 Nate Caddy
4 Nick Watson
5 Zane Duursma
6 Dan Curtin
7 Colby McKercher
8 Ryley Sanders
9 Ethan Read*
10 Mitch Edwards*
11 Jordan Croft
12 Connor O'Sullivan
13 Koltyn Tholstrup
14 Darcy Wilson
15 Jake Rogers
16 Will McCabe
17 Archer Reid
18 Ollie Murphy
19 Jack Delean
20 Logan Evans
21 George Stevens
22 Joel Freijah
23 Will Lorenz
24 Harry Demattia
25 Luamon Lual
26 Cooper Simpson
27 Kane McAuliffe
28 James Leake
29 Harvey Johnston
30 Nathan Philactides
31 Riley Hardeman
32 Will Brown
33 Logan Morris
34 Will Patton
35 Archie Roberts
36 Ashton Moir
37 Koen Sanchez
38 Clay Hall
39 Caiden Cleary
40 Jack Callinan
41 Lachie Charleson
42 Angus Hastie
43 Will Green*
44 Mahmoud Taha
45 Will Graham
46 Aiden O'Driscoll
47 Kade DeLaRue
48 Taylor Goad*
49 Jed Dignan
50 Alex Holt
50 Tom Wheaton
51 Coby James
52 Billy Wilson
53 Sam Frangalas
54 Evan Smith*
55 Phoenix Gothard
56 Coen Livingstone
57 Michael Rudd
58 Arie Schoenmaker
59 Xavier Walsh
60 Sam Van Rooyen
61 Kynan Brown
62 Charlie Harrop
63 Josh Docking
64 Tom Anastasopoulis
65 Bailey Harbour
66 Luca Slade
67 Jake Smith
68 Will Dawson*
69 Oliver Poole
70 Caleb May*
71 Kobe Shipp
72 Oscar Ryan
73 Lance Collard
74 Riley Whetherill
75 Lachlan Cabor
76 Reece Torrent
77 Ben Ridgeway
78 Luke Kelly
79 Miles Enders
80 Chad Reschke
81 Cam Nyko
82 Tom Beaumont
83 Amin Naim
84 Caleb Windsor
85 Oskar Smartt
86 Flynn Riley*
87 Joe Pike*

* denotes that i have the rucks placed roughly where i think they are at, however apart from Ethan Read and Mitch Edwards (in which i am confident of where they are at), its only Will Green and Taylor Goad that have been improving and impressive, the others, in my opinion are only rookie chances with Evan Smith being the best of the rest.
Tom Beaumont kicked 5 for Tassie today. He probably doesn't get drafted but is a nice player, will be good for our VFL team when we get one.

Tom Beaumont kicked 5 for Tassie today. He probably doesn't get drafted but is a nice player, will be good for our VFL team when we get one.
yeah I agree, rookie at best I think but will be likely trying to get an invite as a train on, or add something to his game over summer to get a look in at next years msd. But a good footballer

Caleb Windsor in the 80s?
can’t wear that at all.
top 30 on my board.
love your work though smythe

Caleb Windsor in the 80s?
can’t wear that at all.
top 30 on my board.
love your work though smythe
After his last few games he has shot up my board too, which was from a few weeks ago mind you. My main focus on him was his position at next level, I just can’t see him in any specific position at all. He is in that group of about 30 players that could be very good role players at the next level, and although I loved his ball use on the weekend, I struggle to see him going inside the top 36, and definitely not inside 30 (IMO) and therefore, depending on team needs at that stage, he may go anywhere from that point on right through to possibly being picked as a rookie. My rankings are not in phantom draft order and to be honest the list from around 40+ are all very even. It will come down to team needs or likes at that stage of the draft.

would you be able to do an updated draft board soon?
Yeah, it was being finalised after the champs finished up so I will post it Wednesday night. The last game will just be interesting to see if anyone bolts from the blue, I don’t think it will change my mind at all with anyone on the list.

Last edited:
With a vested interest, surely Ryan Eyre is ahead of Amin Naim?

Both in the Essendon NGA and a very real possibility one gets through to the rookie draft and a potential Cat B rookie listing, Eyre has better numbers and is a position we could use (kicking half back), whilst Naim, imho has better upside.

I hope we match a bid on Taha, looks the goods to add to that small mid/fwd group we are building nicely on.

After his last few games he has shot up my board too, which was from a few weeks ago mind you. My main focus on him was his position at next level, I just can’t see him in any specific position at all. He is in that group of about 30 players that could be very good role players at the next level, and although I loved his ball use on the weekend, I struggle to see him going inside the top 36, and definitely not inside 30 (IMO) and therefore, depending on team needs at that stage, he may go anywhere from that point on right through to possibly being picked as a rookie. My rankings are not in phantom draft order and to be honest the list from around 40+ are all very even. It will come down to team needs or likes at that stage of the draft.
Thanks for the reply
i think he is a natural wingman
has speed and endurance and is a penetrating kick
i was staggered he was not taken in the phantom draft and I think the drafters do okay but there are so few drafters compared to the old days where each club had a different drafter that I think group think prevails a little bit.
windsor reminds me of Justin mcinerney from sydney

With a vested interest, surely Ryan Eyre is ahead of Amin Naim?

Both in the Essendon NGA and a very real possibility one gets through to the rookie draft and a potential Cat B rookie listing, Eyre has better numbers and is a position we could use (kicking half back), whilst Naim, imho has better upside.

I hope we match a bid on Taha, looks the goods to add to that small mid/fwd group we are building nicely on.
I rate Taha and have all season. With Eyre, possibly, once bitten twice shy perhaps?? With those rankings after around the 45 mark it Will be a turkey shoot as to which clubs rate who, I honestly think no 2 boards will be even close to similar In any way.

Thanks for the reply
i think he is a natural wingman
has speed and endurance and is a penetrating kick
i was staggered he was not taken in the phantom draft and I think the drafters do okay but there are so few drafters compared to the old days where each club had a different drafter that I think group think prevails a little bit.
windsor reminds me of Justin mcinerney from sydney
Appreciate the response, and I agree on his possible position come AFL level, as I don’t see him in another role, I think he is a few years off locking down that role hence my opinion in where he goes draft wise, clubs may think similar and he may go from round three to rookie. With the phantom we do our best and at the start I was in a similar vein of thought as you as we had to take a few clubs each, but he is one (at the time) that I thought was stiff to miss. But don’t worry, we will do another one and some who were unable to join in the draft due to other commitments will be back to fill their teams spots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rate Taha and have all season. With Eyre, possibly, once bitten twice shy perhaps?? With those rankings after around the 45 mark it Will be a turkey shoot as to which clubs rate who, I honestly think no 2 boards will be even close to similar In any way.
I feel like we take Taha, we seem to like leaving a spot open for the SSP with the success we have had. We likely only take one selection, match Taha post 40 and then upgrade Baldwin and leave a senior list shot

I feel like we take Taha, we seem to like leaving a spot open for the SSP with the success we have had. We likely only take one selection, match Taha post 40 and then upgrade Baldwin and leave a senior list shot
How did you find the dandy v rays match? Wind was a bit of a struggle

Dragons v Rays? Poor

you could tell it was missing a fair bit of top end talent. Cooper Hynes was a big watch, skills were poor but not sure it was execution as much as it was conditions. Harvey Langford (#17) was very good as an underage for the Rays. Charlie Edwards probably best on though for Dragons along with Ben Hopkins

The conditions on Saturday night were very tough at Frankston.
Thought Archie May was a stand-out again as leading forward. Kicked 2-2 in very windy conditions, with one from well outside 50 metres.

Rankings Update

Harley Reid
Jed Walter
Colby McKercher
Nate Caddy
Dan Curtin
Nick Watson
Zane Duursma
Ryley Sanders
Ethan Read*
Jordan Croft

Connor O'Sullivan
Mitch Edwards*
Darcy Wilson
Jake Rogers
Will McCabe
Ollie Murphy
Koltyn Tholstrup
Logan Morris
Archer Reid
George Stevens

Joel Freijah
Jack Delean
Will Brown
Will Lorenz
Harry Demattia
Koen Sanchez
Harvey Johnston
Logan Evans
Luamon Lual
Cooper Simpson

James Leake
Caiden Cleary
Will Patton
Kane McAuliffe
Nathan Philactides
Archie Roberts
Ashton Moir
Riley Hardeman
Clay Hall
Arie Schoenmaker

Lachie Charleson
Phoenix Gothard
Mahmoud Taha
Angus Hastie
Aiden O'Driscoll
Kade DeLaRue
Caleb Windsor
Jed Dignan
Alex Holt
Tom Wheaton

Coby James
Billy Wilson
Sam Frangalas
Kynan Brown
Jack Callinan
Coen Livingstone
Michael Rudd
Will Graham
Oscar Ryan
Heath Ollington

Xavier Walsh
Sam Van Rooyen
Luke Lloyd
Kai DeHavilland
Charlie Harrop
Josh Docking
Tom Anastasopoulis
Bailey Harbour
Jake Smith
Will Dawson

Oliver Poole
Luca Slade
Kobe Shipp
Lance Collard
Oskar Smartt
Reece Torrent
Cam Nyko
Bodie Ryan
Charlie McCormack
Max Rider

Riley Whetherill
Lachlan Cabor
Ben Ridgeway
Luke Kelly
Miles Enders
Chad Reschke
Tom Beaumont
Josh Eyre
Charlie Naish
Amin Naim
Miles Enders

Only Rucks I can place in relative order on the big board were Ethen Read and Mitch Edwards, the others could go anywhere later on or rookied

Ruck Order

Ethan Read*
Mitch Edwards*
Evan Smith
Taylor Goad
Will Green
Caleb May
Vigo Visentini
Flynn Riley
Joe Pike
updated draft board?

Last edited:
yeah, i realised that when i saw his D.O.B in my pages and deleted him from my sheets, but for some reason he stayed, i will try again.
ok that worked, but apparently my reply tried to send twice and i have sent a blank one. need a cpu refresh me thinks.

yeah, i realised that when i saw his D.O.B in my pages and deleted him from my sheets, but for some reason he stayed, i will try again.
ok that worked, but apparently my reply tried to send twice and i have sent a blank one. need a cpu refresh me thinks.

No stress.

Who'd be your replacement for Lalor?

No stress.

Who'd be your replacement for Lalor?
I don't think it's necessary, I think more people get drafted this year than first thought, but my list is already too long. If I was to do a phantom 3 rounder there would be many I would struggle to make a case for after that. This is just a rankings list (IMO on how their year has gone and where i see them sit) though, not in order of who I think gets drafted. There are some further down the list that i think may get drafted, I may look at doing a large phantom later on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Watcher SMYTHE’s 2023 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back