SNFL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Yea they did

Needs to be a greater penalty for this type of behaviour.

It's becoming far too common, I know a lot of people are travelling this year and illness and injury seem to strike around now but clubs should receive quite large fines for not filling a side.

In saying the above, if the league is happy for a Div 4 side to only have reserves for the remainder of the year then I guess they have set a precedent that it's fine to pull a team out from time to time.

Needs to be a greater penalty for this type of behaviour.

It's becoming far too common, I know a lot of people are travelling this year and illness and injury seem to strike around now but clubs should receive quite large fines for not filling a side.

In saying the above, if the league is happy for a Div 4 side to only have reserves for the remainder of the year then I guess they have set a precedent that it's fine to pull a team out from time to time.
Yep absolutely agree it was ridiculous Doveton eagles and lyndale played on the weekend and lyndale reserves didn’t have a game to play and south Yarra played in lyndales place in the 2s it happened years ago with south Mornington 2s only having a 2s side and win it then got a senior side as well then they left and went to the ammo’s south Yarra should be put in the 3rds competition

I reckon with MPNFL now looking to a third division, current SFNL clubs who would more than likely have been uncompetitive in the current MPNFL second division, are seeing an opportunity to now play closer to home and be competitive.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

MPNFL have been "looking" at a third division forever. Their clubs won't have it.

Unless the constitution has recently changed (I doubt it), they need 75% of clubs to approve the entry of any new club. So if six of the 22 clubs vote no, it doesn't happen.

Sorrento, Rye, Rosebud, Dromana, Red Hill, Crib Point. There's your six. Game over. Others will also vote no if it's a local club they see as a threat.

This is what happened with Cranbourne.

What happened with the Peninsula All Stars yesterday? I didn’t see that coming! Sitting pretty with 10-0 and % above 280 I thought they would romp through the season undefeated?
Was it just a blimp on the radar or does Doveton come into calculations. Also I see that Murrumbeena have picked up some last minute clearances from St Kilda City, surely they will make a difference too…..maybe game on? Any injuries for the All Stars or was yesterday game played at full strength? Dovey had 1-2 out.

MPNFL have been "looking" at a third division forever. Their clubs won't have it.

Unless the constitution has recently changed (I doubt it), they need 75% of clubs to approve the entry of any new club. So if six of the 22 clubs vote no, it doesn't happen.

Sorrento, Rye, Rosebud, Dromana, Red Hill, Crib Point. There's your six. Game over. Others will also vote no if it's a local club they see as a threat.

This is what happened with Cranbourne.

Why did you select those 6 in particular Bunk?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peta did you have many out? Dovey had a couple out. Was the bad kicking due to pressure or poor shots?

We had a few out, they had a few out. Was a good game. No doubt Doveton are one of the good sides in the comp. Take our chances and we win but at the end of the day we didn’t.
Credit to the Doves

We had a few out, they had a few out. Was a good game. No doubt Doveton are one of the good sides in the comp. Take our chances and we win but at the end of the day we didn’t.
Credit to the Doves

Yep, agree
Not much in it but beaten by the better side on the day

Credit to the Doves

Who were Brighton missing?

And got chaired off , he's a great man , but seriously must celebrate for milestones at the 1 club
To be fair, at least it was representing the club where he played all his juniors. He also grew up just a decent torp from Beena Park so good to see he found his way back. I know he has had a few clubs in between (mine included) but in this day and age 200 games of senior footy is a bloody good achievement.

To be fair, at least it was representing the club where he played all his juniors. He also grew up a decent torp from Beena Park so good to see he found his way back. I know he has had a few clubs in between (mine included) but in this day and age 200 games of senior footy is a bloody good achievement.
My point is that have you ever heard of this at any club and hasn't player 50 at one club , do we celebrate his 19 at Ormond , how many at Mordi etc , celebrate yes but no chair off etc

My point is that have you ever heard of this at any club and hasn't player 50 at one club , do we celebrate his 19 at Ormond , how many at Mordi etc , celebrate yes but no chair off etc
I’ve heard of ****wits at clubs and you seem like one of them. Who cares what the club he plays at celebrates. Gives people something to get excited about, maybe gets a few more down and a bit more cash over the bar.

I’ve heard of *******s at clubs and you seem like one of them. Who cares what the club he plays at celebrates. Gives people something to get excited about, maybe gets a few more down and a bit more cash over the bar.
Have you heard it happen at any club im asking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back