SNFL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a player who played his 350th VAFA game a few weeks back who had played at 4 clubs. He was chaired off the ground by his teammates who he's currently playing with. In fairness to your point, he has been playing at his current club since 2007.

A bloke in the twilight of his footy career over here in WA celebrated a unique milestone earlier this year - reaching the 100 game milestone for a FOURTH club.

He has travelled all over the state for work over the years and has managed to clock a century of games at four different clubs (as well as 98 at a fifth).
He best get a two-week permit to that fifth club before he retires.

Last edited:

I played about 40 reserves matches for 22 clubs (including 17 games in 17 leagues in 17 weeks as part of a football book).
If I ever got to 50 games, my banner would look like a bloody rainbow.
I've just worked out who this is. :cool:

0914d8bffd9ebabbac5cfb51c7572b46.jpg

Spare a thought for those making Danny Cassett's banner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be interesting to see what a Murrumbeena 2s player gets for his weak act when he was standing slightly in front of his opponent and threw a elbow backwards into the face of a unsuspecting Hampton park player as no players seen it being in the last line of defence he had to be helped from the field by 2 people with a huge split on his face and blood everywhere then he quickly ran to the bench the coward the goal umpire stopped play and told umpire and reported him and told the umpire he believed it could even warrant a police investigation it was a couple of minutes before half time to Murrumbeena credit he was told by the coach I believe to get changed and leave the ground asap as it may have caused a problem for him and there club as if he went back on the ground or hung around

Going to be interesting to see what a Murrumbeena 2s player gets for his weak act when he was standing slightly in front of his opponent and threw a elbow backwards into the face of a unsuspecting Hampton park player as no players seen it being in the last line of defence he had to be helped from the field by 2 people with a huge split on his face and blood everywhere then he quickly ran to the bench the coward the goal umpire stopped play and told umpire and reported him and told the umpire he believed it could even warrant a police investigation it was a couple of minutes before half time to Murrumbeena credit he was told by the coach I believe to get changed and leave the ground asap as it may have caused a problem for him and there club as if he went back on the ground or hung around
Probably nothing as it sounds like there’s no actual evidence and your just trying to make something out of nothing

I was sent this by someone who was at the game...

"I was watching the game and will fill in what happened (Murrumbeena supporter). There was push and shove (annoying back n forth niggle) which is normal and unfortunately our player made a bad choice when he whacked his HP opponent. No one from either team disagrees on this. He obviously regrets the act in a heat of the moment blow up and is accepting of any consequence that comes his way (Obviously would like his time again).

Full credit to the HP boys and their captain (who I'm told by a HP supporter the captain got hit) that when they spoke of the incident that it was the actions of one player and not a representation of the entire team. 2nd half went incident free and Murrumbeena chose to play with 17 (even after the 20 mins) as HP only had 17 players on the field.

Hope this clears any rumours or chat up."

Last edited:

"I was watching the game and will fill in what happened (Murrumbeena supporter). There was push and shove (annoying back n forth niggle) which is normal and unfortunately our player made a bad choice when he whacked his HP opponent. No one from either team disagrees on this. He obviously regrets the act in a heat of the moment blow up and is accepting of any consequence that comes his way (Obviously would like his time again).

Full credit to the HP boys and their captain (who I'm told by a HP supporter the captain got hit) that when they spoke of the incident that it was the actions of one player and not a representation of the entire team. 2nd half went incident free and Murrumbeena chose to play with 17 (even after the 20 mins) as HP only had 17 players on the field.

If that’s true then no place for that crap in the game! Well done for both teams going back to footy and obviously cooler heads prevail, now hopefully the SFNL do a better job then the Jojo incident.

On other note what’s going on at East Brighton? No lamb, no problem? Corp and semmel outscoring any other duos in the last fortnight without him?

If that’s true then no place for that crap in the game! Well done for both teams going back to footy and obviously cooler heads prevail, now hopefully the SFNL do a better job then the Jojo incident.

On other note what’s going on at East Brighton? No lamb, no problem? Corp and semmel outscoring any other duos in the last fortnight without him?
Someone good enough to hit and they get hit back they had it coming.

Part 2 from friend at the game

"A lot of people were actually unsure what had happened as it was the last line and not many people saw the incident. Was a little be scary seeing the blood over the HP players face. I think the Murrumbeena player going straight off helps this not evolving into a potential brawl as some players were shocked an confused. Outside of this, the game was played in great spirits with no bad blood between the other 40 odd players. It's a shame for HP they had no bench for the day which hurt them a lot."

Part 2 from friend at the game

"A lot of people were actually unsure what had happened as it was the last line and not many people saw the incident. Was a little be scary seeing the blood over the HP players face. I think the Murrumbeena player going straight off helps this not evolving into a potential brawl as some players were shocked an confused. Outside of this, the game was played in great spirits with no bad blood between the other 40 odd players. It's a shame for HP they had no bench for the day which hurt them a lot."

Hearing from someone that Hampton parks 1s showed more fight at half time of the ressies then their whole game. A select few abusing the murrumbeena players as they were going off at half time

Yep I agree with all that as I said it was a credit to beena the way they handled it

Hearing from someone that Hampton parks 1s showed more fight at half time of the ressies then their whole game. A select few abusing the murrumbeena players as they were going off at half time

Abusing players/coaches who had nothing to do with what happened! Just cop it at the time I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

SNFL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back