SNFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on club(s) only selling alcohol after games (no water or soft drink sold except to a select few from out the back) to take advantage of % mark up on sales? Makes it hard for P Platers

Surely against RSA laws & Good Sports Club Program recommendations

Thoughts on club(s) only selling alcohol after games (no water or soft drink sold except to a select few from out the back) to take advantage of % mark up on sales? Makes it hard for P Platers

Surely against RSA laws & Good Sports Club Program recommendations

Why would a club want to limit any sales at all? Especially in this economic environment. Knowing most clubs, it's not an arduous trip to go to a different fridge for a non-alcoholic drink.

Name the club, pathetic by them if that's the case.

Why would a club want to limit any sales at all? Especially in this economic environment. Knowing most clubs, it's not an arduous trip to go to a different fridge for a non-alcoholic drink.

Name the club, pathetic by them if that's the case.
Simple accounting will tell you only $2 profit is made on a can of soft drink yet $4+ profit is made on a can of beer or Canadian Club. That’s when you can maximise profits if that’s all you're offering

I don’t want to out the club just in case it was a one off or just a supply issue, but tables were full of red and green cans
It only appeared suss to me when a home player got brought out 2 Gatorade’s from out the back yet 2 young oppo players asked for soft drink & after 5 mins waiting at the bar, walked away when it became apparent that nothing was forthcoming.

Last edited:
Round 9 Tips?

Dovey vs Caufield - Dovey in 1s & 2s
Endeavour Hills vs StK City - Endeavour in 1s & 2s
Hampton Park vs Murrumbeena - Murrumbeena in 1s & 2s
Keysborough vs East Malvern - East Malvern in 1s & 2s (Keysy 2s could upset depending on numbers of EM 2s)
Skye vs Highett - Highett in 1s & Skye in 2s

what's the knock on effect into div 2 with narre warren coming into div 1 next season? is it 2 down into div 3?

what's the knock on effect into div 2 with narre warren coming into div 1 next season? is it 2 down into div 3?
Currently Divisions are 10/10/8/8

If I was a betting man, I'd say yes.
Word has it some Div 1 clubs have already been told its 2 down into Div 2, so there would be a flow on effect, you'd imagine

With 2 down it certainly makes the bottom 4 positions all the more interesting.

1718243109083.png
For argument sakes, lets say it is 2 relegated. Skye would have 1 spot locked in.
Highett play Skye this week & have a chance to jump from 9th to 7th in one week. Who joins Skye after round 18??

Currently Divisions are 10/10/8/8

If I was a betting man, I'd say yes.
Word has it some Div 1 clubs have already been told its 2 down into Div 2, so there would be a flow on effect, you'd imagine

With 2 down it certainly makes the bottom 4 positions all the more interesting.

View attachment 2018392
For argument sakes, lets say it is 2 relegated. Skye would have 1 spot locked in.
Highett play Skye this week & have a chance to jump from 9th to 7th in one week. Who joins Skye after round 18??
Well I wouldn’t have picked East Malvern & Endeavour Hills to lose this week. Did Highett no favours. If the rumours are true with 2 teams being relegated like Div 1, we have an enthralling back end of the year coming up

Attachments

• IMG_4044.jpeg
    IMG_4044.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 45
East Malvern haven't recovered since the loss to the ladder leaders 3 weeks ago.

I might have to head down to the zoo to see where has it all gone wrong. Highett coming off a good win would fancy their chances this weekend.

Happy to say I was wrong, Beena and Doveton my new GF locks.

East Malvern haven't recovered since the loss to the ladder leaders 3 weeks ago.

I might have to head down to the zoo to see where has it all gone wrong. Highett coming off a good win would fancy their chances this weekend.

Happy to say I was wrong, Beena and Doveton my new GF locks.
I told everyone 6 weeks ago to keep their powder dry on East Malvern. I'd say they'd have some travellers overseas at the moment, but who doesn't? Should of put Keysie away though with their scoring shots

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I told everyone 6 weeks ago to keep their powder dry on East Malvern. I'd say they'd have some travellers overseas at the moment, but who doesn't? Should of put Keysie away though with their scoring shots
Keysy looked not to bad against Hampton park the other week and Hampton park will struggle now 5-6 senior players just went overseas for 6-7 weeks plus tent Thomas out for a while might not even play again this year he’s there best player from what iv seen

Keysy looked not to bad against Hampton park the other week and Hampton park will struggle now 5-6 senior players just went overseas for 6-7 weeks plus tent Thomas out for a while might not even play again this year he’s there best player from what iv seen

I heard season done for Trent Thomas on the weekend from a Hampton park committee member

What is it with footballers going away during the season to bad if the club was in relegation contention
Absolutely agree it’s ridiculous especially if they are paid players I wouldn’t give them anything unless they are committed to the full season

Absolutely agree it’s ridiculous especially if they are paid players I wouldn’t give them anything unless they are committed to the full season
They save the $$$ they get from playing footy to fund their trip to Europe. Been happening for years. I feel sorry for those volunteers who are there from 7.30am to 10.30pm maybe getting a free beer, who's reward is the satisfaction of club success.
If a young bloke told me he's travelling mid season he'd be playing only reserves from that moment on, I wouldn't care who it was. You don't use the club to finance your trip.
But I know, I wouldn't be coach for long, as more often than not, the tail wags the dog

Last edited:
They save the $$$ they get from playing footy to fund their trip to Europe. Been happening for years. I feel sorry for those volunteers who are there from 7.30am to 10.30pm maybe getting a free beer, who's reward is the satisfaction of club success.
If a young bloke told me he's travelling mid season he'd be playing only reserves from that moment on, I wouldn't care who it was. You don't use the club to finance your trip.
But I know, I wouldn't be coach for long, as more often than not, the tail wags the dog

Times have certainly changed. Had a player say he couldn’t play seniors one week because his brothers 30th started at 3pm. Personally, I would’ve just got there at 5:30 but each to their own I guess

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If it’s a gun player and you lose narrowly you’re punishing the whole team and club. It’s a team game with team rewards so it’s not that simple.

All things being equal, you’re generally best just playing your best available team each week.

The goal is to win.

Remove this Banner Ad

SNFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back