MRP / Trib. Sniper Houston - 5 Weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no doubt there was a directive for multiple players to get into Ranks but I don't believe for a second Houston intentionally wanted to knock him out. It wasn't far off being a perfect bump but that's the roll of the dice you take if you choose to do it. Don't care about the good bloke defence but I don't think he's a dirty player either.

I have no doubt there was a directive for multiple players to get into Ranks but I don't believe for a second Houston intentionally wanted to knock him out. It wasn't far off being a perfect bump but that's the roll of the dice you take if you choose to do it. Don't care about the good bloke defence but I don't think he's a dirty player either.

lol come on, if someone does that they're dirty.

lots of offended Port supporters acting like victims.

Clearly Houston got him high. Its not even a question. Rankines head is turned sideways and in the next still as Rankine is falling you can see a pressure indent on the side of his mouth. He got 5 weeks because it was not even close to a clean and fair bump. It just goes to show how some clubs think they are above punishment. No one came out to defend Rankine and he showed remorse. But a player who clearly sniped a player in the head is a victim because of a still on an angle shows most of houstons shoulder on Rankines chest.

Eat a bag of dicks Houston you feral scum.

not living in Adelaide for a long time I didn’t have the same level of hatred for port as many on this forum, but this sniper act has changed that.

I hate them with every fibre of my being, everything about them is vomit inducing.

The closest comparison to the Houston “incident” was the McAdam bump last year.

The Freo player had possession of the ball on the boundary line. McAdam chose to bump him rather than tackle him. The player wasn’t injured and played out the match. McAdam was given 3 games because it was a bad look and it had the potential to cause a serious injury (but didn’t).

The only difference was that Rankine was in a more vulnerable position and…… Houston knocked him unconscious. So the difference between a “ bad look” and knocking someone into La La Land is an extra 2 weeks. Seems fair 🙄.

P.S. Shouldn’t you be spending your time more effectively, organising your Grand Final flights and accomodation?

Eat a bag of dicks Houston you feral scum.

not living in Adelaide for a long time I didn’t have the same level of hatred for port as many on this forum, but this sniper act has changed that.

The thing is that this is not an isolated incident either, there's been about five or six of these types of incidents over the years where Port players have knocked out Crows players in Showdowns.

Nathan Bassett in two different games, Luke Jericho, James Begley, Ned McHenry and Rankine and that's just the ones that I can think of, there's likely to be even more.

Yet Port supporters continually deflect and play the victim card and claim we're the problem.

The closest comparison to the Houston “incident” was the McAdam bump last year.

The Freo player had possession of the ball on the boundary line. McAdam chose to bump him rather than tackle him. The player wasn’t injured and played out the match. McAdam was given 3 games because it was a bad look and it had the potential to cause a serious injury (but didn’t).

The only difference was that Rankine was in a more vulnerable position and…… Houston knocked him unconscious. So the difference between a “ bad look” and knocking someone into La La Land is an extra 2 weeks. Seems fair 🙄.

P.S. Shouldn’t you be spending your time more effectively, organising your Grand Final flights and accomodation?
Agree. He got 3 weeks for 'potential to cause injury', but no actual concussion. Houston did exactly the same thing, but knocked Rankine out cold, which is exactly what the AFL are trying to reduce/prevent in this game. 5 weeks is reasonable IMO. I wouldn't have been surprised if it was 6. 4 wouldn't have been enough. If a Crows player had done the same and knocked a player out cold, I'd be expecting 5-6 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing is that this is not an isolated incident either, there's been about five or six of these types of incidents over the years where Port players have knocked out Crows players in Showdowns.

Nathan Bassett in two different games, Luke Jericho, James Begley, Ned McHenry and Rankine and that's just the ones that I can think of, there's likely to be even more.

Yet Port supporters continually deflect and play the victim card and claim we're the problem.

Id argue the next one should be a line in the sand game for us, I'm ****ing sick to death of them knocking out players out tbh

Biglands mackay

Anyone know who the Adelaide players in the centre of a Port Adelaide spectator complaint? In today's Advertiser but haven't got a subscription to read the article. Could just be clickbait.

Some very hysterical takes on here

Indeed.

Comparing to the McAdam suspension??

A lot of fake sympathy for Houston?

Trying to shame crows fans for being pissed at the incident and happy that he got a decent whack?

Izak had his name circled on the board - they took him out to win the game. Half the stadium cheered as he was lying there unconscious. The Paer players were laughing about it.

The lack of awareness by Paer supporters that if the shoe was in the other foot - they would be feral.

I hope they faulter again / get some minor injuries / maybe another suspension … cmon Karma, do your thing.

Reading the Port board is unbelievable. The level of delusion is astonishing.
Apparently Houston is an angel who has never done any wrong and world is picking on Port Power again. Oh and it's because the AFL is woke. That was a favourite.
Port supporters are actually the worst. Complete morons incapable of logical thought.

Crouch knocked someone’s hat off 😮😮😮😮
Some snowflake that leant over and abused the shit of of him, had his hat flicked off his head and was so insulted he actually went home and called the police to report an assault.
What a pathetic piece of scum.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Sniper Houston - 5 Weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back