MRP / Trib. Sniper Houston - 5 Weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the Houston incident escalated the spite exponentially.

It did - I think what was also completely overlooked was Rioli’s coward punch on Sholl off the ball - that then resulted in a Power goal. About a minute after play resumed from the Rankine incident. That’s where I think our boys lost it - and disappointing that the club didn’t push the footage out to the media and get attention to it and Rioli reported as well

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Oh I’m glad you brought up “dangerous” what Thilthorpe did is every damned bit as “dangerous” as what Houston did any outrage over that in here ladies and gentlemen?

My point as with the starcevich example is it isnt only outrageous only when a crows player gets hurt

According to your club he wasn't concussed though, he was subbed out due to "achilles soreness".

In your club's desperation to play funny buggers again with the concussion rules to cover up Jones' concussion so that he can play this week, they've kicked an own goal because it turned the Thillthorpe tunnel into a "nothing to see here moment"

Police Academy Goodbye GIF

Last edited:
I agree one was in play one was behind the footy

And before I am carded my point is simply this

Our perspective on Houston is not dissimilar to your perspective on the Rankine hitting starcevich perhaps bear that in mind
The issue with the bump is that a "fair" action can still cost a suspension.

Stupid, but the AFL need to show they are trying to minimise concussions.

Debatable whether or not Houston was a fair bump, I can see why we didn't get a free. Too hard for the incompetent umpires to discern a side bump or front on.

But even a fair bump now costs games if it causes a concussion.

Like Rankine on Starcrvich, if there was no concussion no issue.

What counts against Houston is that he should have tackled.

Golden rule, only bump if that the only.option. And try not to knock the other guy out.

Be interesting to see what grounds you guys try to appeal.

Thilthorpe was running sideways, turned to see the player in the air not far from him and raised his arms up as he went under him.
It wasn't a vicious deliberate tunnel to tunnel. Should have been a free kick and that's all.
Yep, horrible non free kick. How four guys did not see that is a joke.

But no suspension.

It's the "good" old Port Adelaide tradition - like starting fights on the field was back in the day when they were well behind.
You want to see how port have never changed over all these years when it served to wipe out an oppo star player. Little rover carl dilena for Sturt was absolutely ko'd by the port thug ruckman russell johnston at footy park. I was there and it was just filthy dirty port doing what port does. Check this old footage just after 28 minutes into the clip...he would never play again under the current tribunal

Don’t think you read my post correctly. Yep they were both out of order and copped their whack.

My comment towards dog act was for Nicks calling it as such and the fans, a dog act is a king hit or something behind play.

My post was against people celebrating a suspension, I think it is in poor taste.
Nah **** him he deserves it
Don't want people to celebrate your suspension? Don't do something to get suspended

Oh I’m glad you brought up “dangerous” what Thilthorpe did is every damned bit as “dangerous” as what Houston did any outrage over that in here ladies and gentlemen?

My point as with the starcevich example is it isnt only outrageous only when a crows player gets hurt
Cry more
One was an accident by someone that wasn't looking that didn't injure anyone the other was a deliberate snipe lined up several metres away. No one here wouldve complained if thilthorpes one was a free
The previous rankine suspension wouldve been no worse than stuff butters has done about 5 times this year if they hadn't accidentally clashed heads. They did so tough shit for rankine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One big difference being that most of us here accepted that Rankine had done the wrong thing, and understood why a 4 week holiday was appropriate.

The Power nuffies seem to be living in a parallel universe, where the facts as perceived by their 3 brain cells bear no resemblance whatsoever to what happened on the field.
Power fans are upset because they know how vital houston is to their team. Might have won the battle but could lose the war because of it

At what point is the question going to be asked about Butters record fines this year?

No correlation between his increase in off the ball sniping and Josh Carr doing more match day coaching?

Him going just that bit too far and copping a suspension for a Final would be amusing.

At what point is the question going to be asked about Butters record fines this year?

No correlation between his increase in off the ball sniping and Josh Carr doing more match day coaching?

Him going just that bit too far and copping a suspension for a Final would be amusing.
Next time he’s coaching, can someone do an on-field head count

You want to see how port have never changed over all these years when it served to wipe out an oppo star player. Little rover carl dilena for Sturt was absolutely ko'd by the port thug ruckman russell johnston at footy park. I was there and it was just filthy dirty port doing what port does. Check this old footage just after 28 minutes into the clip...he would never play again under the current tribunal

If his elbow was extended any further out he would look like he was doing chicken impressions. Note I meant johnston's elbow was so far out when he hit dilena it was obvious he was hoping to do max damage.

Last edited:
Is Houston still in Adelaide ? I thought her gone back to vic to be with family? . I think he just walked past me in the city just now, looked a bit forlorn
May as well start packing his house as he's not going to be required for a while...

Lol, they want it reduced to 3 games.... less than what Rankine got for a lesser incident.

Give him a 6th game now.
Yep. Hopefully they give him (at least) another game, and fine Port heavily (say $20,000 on top of their legal fees - I know the AFL will be bailing them out anyway, but the point should be made to our toothless, feral, poorer neighbors) for totally wasting our time and insulting our intelligence.

I would love it if upon review, after seeing the run up and thinking time Houston took before electing to bump instead of tackle, they changed it to intentional and gave him another three games.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Sniper Houston - 5 Weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back