List Mgmt. So..... Apparently we are after..... tippett :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently this draft is stacked with talls.
We will have 2 x first round draft picks to use.
Wouldn't be against bringing in Tippett on a 2 year deal whilst we allow a young key forward to develop.
Makes sense, providing we can get the Swans to cover half of his contract.
Don't mind the idea, much much better than anything we have as a second tall option on our current list, let's be honest.

I wouldn't be totally opposed to getting Tippett as a short term measure as I think he's a good player who probably has a year or two left in him, but he'd want to be VERY cheap, both in trade and salary because we'd also be wanting a quality kid who probably isn't quite ready yet and who would be our main focus going forward.

I really doubt Tippett would be especially interested in being such a clear fill in though, nor do I think the Swans would be willing to trade him cheaply AND still pay most of his salary.

So what will Sydney be paying us to take Tippett? Couldn't believe it when they recruited him in 2012 having just won a flag. He's the classic non Sydney player. And for mine - the start of Sydney's "cultural" demise..... Pass Pass and pass. So Tippett and a second rounder for our third rounder (the lids pick even). Sounds about fair.

Id prefer Reid, but he also has some of the same issues. is Reid a Fa?

I hope that this is just smoke and mirrors while the real target is under wraps.

More like smoke and Windows behind the door.

How to Win the Off-Season Again: A Guide

Step #1: Re-sign Dustin Martin to 1.1m x 5 yrs

Step #2: Sell our 1st Rd pick (GEE) to GWS for Hopper or to Hawthorn for Jack Gunston. (Steak knives where necessary).

Step #3: Sign Sam Reid (SYD) via FA on no more than 700k (Which is only 580k roughly, prior to the CBA). Do not touch Kurt Tippett.

Step #4: Draft Oscar Clavarino (Dandenong Stingrays/VIC Country KPD, 194cm 80kgs, best defender in the draft) with our remaining 1st Rd pick. *Alternatively, if we have both our 1st Rd picks still, trade up to take Jarrod Brander, who will go anywhere from pick 3-7.

Step #5: Match Patrick Naish bid (somewhere around #20) with points.

Grimes, Astbury, Vlastuin
Conca, Rance, Houli
Cotchin, Hopper, Naish
Caddy, Reid, Edwards
Rioli, Riewoldt, Bolton
Nankervis, Martin, Prestia
B. Ellis, McIntosh, Grigg, Short

Yeah? :)

OMG!!!!! are you serious????

Casboult 700K!!!!!

I would not give Casboult 200K although I might give Tippett 200K

Just shows the lack of supply atm and we are ****** if we jump at shadows like Pies with Mayne!!!!

WE NEED A MASSIVE STEADY HAND AND PATIENCE ATM!!!!!
Chism can you shed some light on this? Is it $700k?

Chism can you shed some light on this? Is it $700k?

What i was told and it was a ballpark figure of around 3 Million over 4 years which can be back loaded or front loaded etc to suit the club that buys him. What he wants and what he actually gets are two very different things though and i think our offer is around the 450k-500k range for 3 years currently which his manager snobbed off.

The Chris Mayne deal has skewed the market a bit and those stupid Pie ferals!

Tall KPF's are in demand and clubs are gunna pay overs for big blokes that can take a mark and Levi knows this or so his manager is telling him i think hence why he will test the waters at seasons end and see what he can get as a UFA.

What i was told and it was a ballpark figure of around 3 Million over 4 years which can be back loaded or front loaded etc to suit the club that buys him. What he wants and what he actually gets are two very different things though and i think our offer is around the 450k-500k range for 3 years currently which his manager snobbed off.

The Chris Mayne deal has skewed the market a bit and those stupid Pie ferals!

Tall KPF's are in demand and clubs are gunna pay overs for big blokes that can take a mark and Levi knows this or so his manager is telling him i think hence why he will test the waters at seasons end and see what he can get as a UFA.
Thanks mate.
I rate him. I know most on here don't, but I reckon he's put his goalkicking woes behind him, can take a big mark and has a bit of Nank-like mongrel about him.
$3mill over 4 years, is a bit much though.

Thanks mate.
I rate him. I know most on here don't, but I reckon he's put his goalkicking woes behind him, can take a big mark and has a bit of Nank-like mongrel about him.
$3mill over 4 years, is a bit much though.

700k a season works out at 2.8Mill over 4 but i do agree with you that it is a bit much.

I see him around the value of what we offered but as always someone will over pay and he will take it.

Tippet is fine, if we basically take him off Sydney's hands for not much at all, including salary. Chop say $200K off the Swans salary cap and give them pick 173.26 and maybe it gets done if nothing else is on offer.

Give me Reid any day.

but we'll see.

700k a season works out at 2.8Mill over 4 but i do agree with you that it is a bit much.

I see him around the value of what we offered but as always someone will over pay and he will take it.
Yep, I think Carlton's offer is very fair.

Yep. Lazy news media story.

Schache resigns with Brisbane, Tippett gets dropped by Sydney....2+2=nobody really cares, we'll run the story anyway.
The window lickers lap this shit up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tippet is fine, if we basically take him off Sydney's hands for not much at all, including salary. Chop say $200K off the Swans salary cap and give them pick 173.26 and maybe it gets done if nothing else is on offer.

Give me Reid any day.

but we'll see.

Sorry to intrude fellas in regards to discussion on your own board but i also see Reid better than Levi right now but his biggest issue is his body where as Levi is pretty durable.

Be interesting to see where both players end up and what they command $$$$ wise.

Reid on anything more than 2 years is very dangerous IMO and when he misses he misses massive chunks at a time.

If we get Tippett on the cheap, thats a great idea. The hysteria around us being interested in him is ridiculous.

Tippett on one leg is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>daylight>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Griffiths>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Todd flipping Elton (and Maric for that matter).

No, at 31 years old, no does not fit the profile............but here is waht has been reported.

TIPPETT IN THE EYE OF THE TIGERS

By Kate Salemme

AFTER missing out on young Brisbane key forward Josh Schache Richmond should turn it's attention to a more experienced player to fill its key forward needs and Kurt Tippett fits the full according to Port Adelaide premiership player Kane Cornes.

The Tigers were considered the frontrunners for Schache before the former No.2 draft pick opted to re-sign with the Lions yesterday.

Damien Hardwick's team needs another key tall to partner Jack Riewoldt given Ben Griffiths's concussion battle and Todd Elton in and out of the side.

Cornes believes Tippett, who is out of favour at the Swans, would be the perfect fit.

"I think we forget, or we're quick to forget in this game (how good players can be). Last year Kurt Tippett kicked a goal a game, he averaged 25 hit outs, three clearances, 13 or 14 disposals," Cornes said.

"When he was fit and in form he was one of the premier ruckmen in the competition who could go forward and take a mark.

"Tippett as the second ruckman with Riewoldt in the forward line, I think it's a good fit.

"You're not going to pay overs for him like what Sydney paid to get him away from Adelaide but I think it works."

Tippett was dropped for last night's impressive win over reigning premiers the Bulldogs.

He has kicked just three goals from five games so far this season.

"He's having a really poor season by his standards, he's 31 years of age next month and probably still has at least one or two years of footy left in him," Cornes told 3AW.
That's an opinion piece

Give me Reid any day.

but we'll see.
I'd rather leave Tippet, Casboult and Reid and go after McCartin from the Aints. He's not fit but is a better talent and has youth on his side. 3 years in the system should see him come good soon.

I'd rather leave Tippet, Casboult and Reid and go after McCartin from the Aints. He's not fit but is a better talent and has youth on his side. 3 years in the system should see him come good soon.

I hope we look under all the stones in the AFL playground to find someone. Cause right now I reckon we need someone. And I can't see Chol putting on 10 kegs overnight.

TIPPET is a massive upgrade over Griffiths and Elton ... massive ... but he'll be 31 and is only just an average conveyance who is slowing down.
No! No! No! No! No!
Officer Tippit, who was allegedly shot by Lee Harvey Oswald after JFK, would be as good as Tippet.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. So..... Apparently we are after..... tippett :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back