Autopsy So so so close (Please read OP)

Is it time to move on and lock the thread?

• Yes

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other side to this is we are a great club, a proud club and we deserve/d a lot more than what we have been able to take our chances at any given time. Including today. No arrogance intended but we should have had a Dynasty the likes of Geelong and Hawks a few times instead of just our Fourpeat.

Losing the big game sometimes feels like we are the laughing stock as much as missing out Finals the last few years. I know it’s not the same, but until we win a flag it’s the only thing that puts that to bed.

I Love this club but it’s just so hard to stomach how many times i’ve seen us lose Grand Finals than win one.

But of late, Dogs and Tigers nab one first strike. So frustrating.

I can only imagine what the Boys and Bucks are going through.
The circumstances surrounding the Tigers and Dogs premierships were different. Can't compare them.

The amount of uncontested marks we allowed Darling and Kennedy to take in the forward 50 was simply to much.

Kick after kick dropped into their laps.
Well that can happen when the pressure upfield drops off, thought the backs were outstanding with the amount of ball coming into their forward line

The circumstances surrounding the Tigers and Dogs premierships were different. Can't compare them.
Circumstances were different yes, but i’m Saying we have had so many tries to lose so many. They were lucky enough to have one shot and won it.

I actually thought the umpiring was very good for the simple reason they put the whistle away in both arcs and allowed the game to be played out as the hard contested slog that it was. I think they were consistant throughout. There were plenty of free kicks not paid both ways but all in all I think the game was better for it.

They certainly didn’t put the whistle away at ruck contests. There was a large number of frees against us in the ruck

Lost this game at selection.

Moore needed to be picked. Goldsack was an arrogant selection for against Kennedy, he needed to be on Darling.

Darling took bloody 7 marks in one Q...... Selection in defense cost us.

An arrogant selection you say? For this game? After three strong finals performances, selecting Goldsack, who had actually played well in finals, was more (to use your word) arrogant than playing Moore? Who hadn't played in any previous final and couldn't stay on the park for 4 quarters in most of his games this year.

Can't say I follow your logic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This side will win a flag. Bookmark it.
Sure we will do it the Collingwood way and lose a few along the way but this group will get us a flag.

Darcy Moore will help deliver that flag...

An arrogant selection you say? For this game? After three strong finals performances, selecting Goldsack, who had actually played well in finals, was more (to use your word) arrogant than playing Moore? Who hadn't played in any previous final and couldn't stay on the park for 4 quarters in most of his games this year.

Can't say I follow your logic.
Goldsack is clearly undersized and under skilled to play on Kennedy. Everyone and their Grandma can see that. The arrogance is to go in with that matchup knowing this, and assuming you'll just cover for that against arguably the best forward combo in the comp.

Moore on Kennedy.
Goldsack on Darling.
Simple.

To think we would just manage with Goldsack on Kennedy and cover elsewhere on Darling was foolish and arrogant.

No hate.....Guys, bad luck on the loss. Was a great game and could’ve gone either way. Umpiring was best all season, I think you played into the eagles a little with the big bombs... they out marked you.
Your speed was a little down on last weeks performance, and some of your guns were down too. Cox couldn’t do anything first half which cost you. Needed his marking power early, but late game to his credit he stood up.

DeGoey is an absolute gun, you’ll be up there next year that’s for sure. Looking forward to our next encounter.

Goldsack is clearly undersized and under skilled to play on Kennedy. Everyone and their Grandma can see that. The arrogance is to go in with that matchup knowing this, and assuming you'll just cover for that against arguably the best forward combo in the comp.

Moore on Kennedy.
Goldsack on Darling.
Simple.

To think we would just manage with Goldsack on Kennedy and cover elsewhere on Darling was foolish and arrogant.

I appreciate your perspective, but let's be honest. If the 6 down back today, who had proven themselves to be solid across this finals series, could not hold back the contested marking monsters in West Coasts forward half, then an injury prone Darcy Moore wouldn't have stood a chance.

That was the best we could run against them today and they beat us. Dunn might have made a difference, but there was nobody better than those selected in my opinion.

No hate.....Guys, bad luck on the loss. Was a great game and could’ve gone either way. Umpiring was best all season, I think you played into the eagles a little with the big bombs... they out marked you.
Your speed was a little down on last weeks performance, and some of your guns were down too. Cox couldn’t do anything first half which cost you. Needed his marking power early, but late game to his credit he stood up.

DeGoey is an absolute gun, you’ll be up there next year that’s for sure. Looking forward to our next encounter.
Yep Westies blocked up Coxies leading space.

Too many talls out of the team sadly, Moore and Reid were physically recovered and fit from their injuries but had zero match practice.

With our lynch pin Dunn out until next year, the cupboard was actually bare. Sadly our mids were beaten on the day and that forced us to play outside of our game plan.

Fwiw, early in the game I said to my dad there was a lot of blocking at marking contests by Eagles players not being penalised, didn’t know how crucial that would end up being

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
it decided the game unfortunately...re: maynard / rioli shepherd for the Sheed mark & subsequent goal ... watch the last 2 mins see the reaction from maynard..cam ling etc etc and the fans on that side of the play...

Gee gutted, so proud of the effort and the year though. After quarter time the Eagles were definitely the better side, our defence was so resolute to hold out so long. If only we could have pinched a goal when we had it forward with three mins left. If only if only if only...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back