Autopsy So so so close (Please read OP)

Is it time to move on and lock the thread?

• Yes

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagles had the run of it for the last 3 quarters, so it has a gutsy dogged effort to hold and regain the lead for as long as we did. They were too tall in the end. With 3.6 in the last and repeat forward entries they were always going to snag one, unfortunately the siren went too late for us.

Shity way to lose but just had a feeling all game they were going to get us on the line. They beat us 4 times this year so its air to say they were the better team. Gutted for Varcoe and Bucks

Still a huge year to get so close after how terrible they have been the last few seasons.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

First five in a GF but they were always going to come back.
They outplayed us, simple as that.
Singling out individuals for the usual abuse absolutely ignores what they did to give us half a chance. Pull your ****in heads in.
Today highlighted our need for KP players. No more no less.

Highlighted why we need to go hard for may. Goldsack is plain too old, howe needs to play intercept and shaz needs to take the second key forward.

They probably had the better of the game after 1/4 time and deserved to win. Shattered we couldn't hang on but it is what it is. Preseason starts now, see if we can back it up in 2019.
Yep, this.
They seemed to be playing the game that little bit more on their terms, and i was so so desperately hoping we could just hold on and get that one more goal to put us 2 kicks in front .... but it wasn't to be.

I'm very proud of the club and our year though, and looking forward to more of the 2018 Pies next year. Onwards and upwards. Floreat Pica.

Was a great season by the boys.
We were right in it and just couldn’t get that last goal to shut them out.

A lot had sub par performances today for the Pies and too much left to too few.

No way the umps had any impact in the final result of the game, we had a few lucky non frees against and a bit of saltiness which should be aimed at poor performers rather than the umpires.

If we had of nailed our opportunities it would be a different result.

We had the dream start playing our brand then we were forced to play their slow down the line game.

Where was the Goldy barrel up the middle we needed to get the fast break with a panic ball?

Big second half by Cox who nearly won it for us.

Grundy toiled in the second half but was double teamed well for the whole game and looked frustrated.

Pendles and Treloar along with Sidebottom largely unsighted.

We needed another stopper to quell Redden and a bigger defender to take out Kennedy or Darling.

In all our makeshift defence repelled well all game and kept us in it as WCE had the game on their terms deep into the second.

Hope Trav has some good support for the coming weeks/months as he will need it.

3 massive moments in my eyes that cost us

WC first scrubber goal, had to kill that ball over the line. Brought them back into the game, gave them hope when they were shaky.

Adams kicking the ball across ground in defensive 50, being intercepted. Does this once a game. when do you learn?

Grundy giving free away in centre square after we kicked first 2 goals of the last. They kicked a goal from it. Killed our momentum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it was their talls necessarily - it was their run and clean use of the ball that got us in the end.

Our pressure game is a taxing one physically and the long period of dominance in with no score in the second quarter combined with their long period of dominance in the 3rd quarter was probably what got us in the end. We were also as poor with our disposal as I can remember us being but that was probably because we didn't have options pushing presenting hard up the ground.
Seriously?

They absolutely torched us in the air. Proved the match-winner.

Super proud of our effort today and across the season. Several times throughout the day I thought we just needed one more. Disappointed, but not disheartened. Bring on 2019!

Congrats on a great season and an epic GF. When it's a classic like that, one team is gonna end up *really* unlucky to be the losers. Could just as easily have been us.
Hope you're all mostly looking at all the positives because there are a heap of them for you.

Sour grapes is kinda weak...we were were c well befote that.

Can't blame anyone but ourselves.
We were up by 2, we were holding on by the ends of our fingernails, but we were, then something umps had paid a few times that game happens again and they ignore it. I don’t care if umps make a wrong decision, but once you start calling one way, ****ING CONTINUE IT! Ump 25 (too angry to remember names right now) was abhorrent and should be unceramoniously fired and never see a footy field again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back