Autopsy So so so close (Please read OP)

Is it time to move on and lock the thread?

• Yes

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Chief, can you please get to work on some of the seriously sick dudes dropping by this evening? The word 'scum' comes to mind.

And it doesn't include West Coast fans, who've been pretty good.

cheers
Anzacday has arrived.

Having lost the grand final last year, you will never want to watch it again. Trust me.
With respect, ours is a bit different.
We played our guts out and were beaten by a better team.
I am proud of our team/club.

We should have been better through the midfield Dave mate, Westies deserved winners - in the end the umps made some poor decisions that tipped the westies over the line but that wouldn't have happened if our mids had held up.

I am not Blaming the Umpires for the Loss. They where bad but as you said there where other reasons as well.

Eagles Kick Straight in Last more then win by a Few More.

They where the Best team of the Year

10 disposals; 10 contested; 4 marks/2 contested; 49 HO; 6 tackles; 4 clearances; 2 centre clearances; 3 I50's. I have no idea what game you were watching.
Almost no influence. Vardy also punished him multiple times by taking key marks in their attack whilst directly opposed to Grundy. Hit the scoreboard too.

Grundy not winning his position really cruelled our chances.

10 disposals; 10 contested; 4 marks/2 contested; 49 HO; 6 tackles; 4 clearances; 2 centre clearances; 3 I50's. I have no idea what game you were watching.
I watched it with 12 blokes and everyone of them said Grundy got pants....take your Gogfles off. Stats mean jackshit.

He sooks about the umps every single week. Ignore him.
Umps gifted them at least three. campaigner.
360d444fcccf2748bd113a39179bc4c0.jpg

So sick of losing Grand Finals.
We always choke on the big day, it's bloody annoying.

Ultimately if we are going to be honest the margin flattered us.
They were the better team after qtr time.

Has anyone found Grundy?
What a day for him to have a stinker.
Yeah, a bit harsh to say we choked. After quarter time, we were out played and if we choked, we wouldn't have been in the game to the finish.
We needed just a little bit of luck with some of the umpiring and the result would have been different (seems such a cheap excuse to blame umpires, but it really felt we missed plenty of critical calls).

Will be an interesting review of season.

Many things going in the right direction.

The stars almost aligned, then they aligned as they do with Collingwood...

Overall, like all teams we have some positives, we have weaknesses.

If we are brutal here, over the whole year we'd be comfortably top 4 on performance but again being

brutal, not quite in the league of West Coast and Richmond overall.

Our fortitude and team ethos snared a Grand Final berth, credit to us.

Need a few more missing pieces so we can enter a Grand Final as a clear best in league team.

Felt very 2002, not quite there, but almost, almost, pinching it.

• Be real nice to pinch those ones sometimes (last time we really did that was 1958 and we were a top 2 side.)

Agree. We Beat Tigers because we played out of our Skin(Our GF) and Tigers came in with Big Heads and thought they just had to show up.

Eagles in all 3 Games looked better then we where.

Still our Backline and Forward line can become better as lot of Battlers in there without any real Stars

I am not Blaming the Umpires for the Loss. They where bad but as you said there where other reasons as well.

Eagles Kick Straight in Last more then win by a Few More.

They where the Best team of the Year
Sure Dave and well said mate - we got to the big dance a year or so earlier than we really should have with our personnel.

Our time is coming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your boys put in an exceptional effort today (and all season). Obviously that result will hurt like hell but I think with a bit of distance you'll all feel very proud of what your team achieved this year. Realistically, it should only be a stepping stone to loading up and going again next year, hopefully with less injuries and with guys like De Goey and Stephenson stepping further into elite status. You've got a lot of proud players at the club, helmed by a coach is is one of the proudest blokes to play footy so I think this loss will burn but it will only fuel your lot to become better.

To my mind, the Pies have taken part in the 3 best Grand Finals of the past decade - when on-song your lot play a great brand of footy that is enjoyable to watch. I think over the past few weeks your team and many of your players have won a lot of admirers in terms of neutral fans. Commiserations for the heartbreaking nature of the loss but keep your chins up, you'll be back next year.

Think I'm going to take some time away from the board (unless something happens in trades). Don't think I can cope with those that need to point fingers.

Good Idea. I might take less time on here. Might just check really to see IF any News/Rumors about Free Agency and Trade Come Up

I feel the umpires had Brodie on the back foot from the first quarter paying completely and utterly random free kicks against him.

They mentally dismantled him throughout the entire day and then Lycett and Vardy finished the job.

In the Collingwood rooms after the game, Buckley consoled a distraught Woodward with a warm embrace, reassuring him it wasn’t his fault.

“Woody’s shattered. He’s blaming himself,” Buckley told reporters post-game.

“It’s marginal situations and scenarios that happen in a game. That’s one of them.

“But the reason I grabbed him was because he can’t be blaming himself. Things happen in life, things happen in football. He was trying to get out of the way and it didn’t work.”

I've been able to hold it in since the game. Not after seeing that. What a class act

I'm not ready to read through the posts yet. But obviously we're all completely gutted right now.

But can I urge everyone to not become what they expect from us.. and what we despise in other boards ( at certain times).

Let's be gracious in defeat. We have to cop our whack and we will. But let's take it on the chin with heads held high.

Your boys put in an exceptional effort today (and all season). Obviously that result will hurt like hell but I think with a bit of distance you'll all feel very proud of what your team achieved this year. Realistically, it should only be a stepping stone to loading up and going again next year, hopefully with less injuries and with guys like De Goey and Stephenson stepping further into elite status. You've got a lot of proud players at the club, helmed by a coach is is one of the proudest blokes to play footy so I think this loss will burn but it will only fuel your lot to become better.

To my mind, the Pies have taken part in the 3 best Grand Finals of the past decade - when on-song your lot play a great brand of footy that is enjoyable to watch. I think over the past few weeks your team and many of your players have won a lot of admirers in terms of neutral fans. Commiserations for the heartbreaking nature of the loss but keep your chins up, you'll be back next year.

I suspect they’ll pat themselves on the back all summer and miss the 8 next year.

Don’t think we’ve seen a young side lose a grand final for a while. Doubt they’ll have the maturity to get back up again.

How do you get over the hurt?
How do you pick yourself up? How can you go back into the office on Monday? How do you enjoy summer knowing what might have been?
You don't. Just soak up the negativity of it all and check out of life for a while. Phone your boss and tell him you won't be in for work. Ignore the golden rays of summer and the slow slap of waves on the sand. Stay indoors, avoid sun and fun, and watch looped replays of the GF until you all but become the game yourself. Don't fight defeat - embrace it. Make disappointment your friend. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back