So... what is the situation with Buddy? ***Warning*** Hollow Earth Proponents within

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that his Coleman Medal price has gone out to $8 with sportsbet ($4.50 tab) doesn't bode well for him playing this week as these guys tend to know more than the general public about this type of thing given the money involved.

The fact that his Coleman Medal price has gone out to $8 with sportsbet ($4.50 tab) doesn't bode well for him playing this week as these guys tend to know more than the general public about this type of thing given the money involved.
Or it could be that he is sitting 4th and has to go +6 over the final 3 games and has to come up against the likes of Richards and Glass in 2 of those games.

My simplistic understanding (feel free to set me straight) is that those betting markets are determined by weight of money and the bookmaker's willingness to take on risk i.e. how much of the wager they hedge.

However, I'd combine all of the above points (he seems doubtful to play this week, and even if he returns for Syd/WC he'll struggle to overcome the other goal kickers tallies.) My money's on Buddy not winning the Coleman. But I've been a naysayer about the handling of his injury since he left the field during the GWS game.

More importantly, where's the thread on Roughie's injury?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't Clarko say in the presser that it was the medicos that said he wasn't fit?
The way I took it from Clarko's and Lewis' press conferences was that Buddy told the Docs that he still wasn't 100% and that they've gone and passed that on to Clarko as logically it would be the club doctors job to pass on the medical reports to the coach and not up to the players to go pass the diagnosis on themselves.

Of particular concern our medicos passed him fit to play twice when he clearly wasn't. My biggest worry is that in the last 6 weeks he's had just a half of footy so will be rusty and out of match conditioning. This maybe a good thing though as we may not see him on the HBF or Wing.

The way I took it from Clarko's and Lewis' press conferences was that Buddy told the Docs that he still wasn't 100% and that they've gone and passed that on to Clarko as logically it would be the club doctors job to pass on the medical reports to the coach and not up to the players to go pass the diagnosis on themselves.
Thanks, I was curious about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back