So, where will we finish in 2011?

Remove this Banner Ad

With my unrelentless optimism I'll raise my prediction to 6th. Seems pretty fair after today and the potential that we have. And to bring in a few guns in trade week will be very nice.

I'm thinking 8th. Will be an up and down year but we should win more than we lose.

If we land an A grade mid, thommo has the form he has shown in the last part of 2010 and Vince can regain touch then we may finish higher.

Exciting times ahead

7th or 8th, picked 7th. Have definitely got the players, just the inexperience i think could affect us, as well as a lot of the younger guys having to put in a lot more game time. As much as it hurts i'm thinking it'll be another first week of finals exit.

7th or 8th, picked 7th. Have definitely got the players, just the inexperience i think could affect us, as well as a lot of the younger guys having to put in a lot more game time. As much as it hurts i'm thinking it'll be another first week of finals exit.
I have a fear that could be the case, unless we get a home final.

I said 7th too, we can't expect miracles straight away with these young lads. They are going to have their ups and downs. The prime average age for a premiership run is majority 23-26 year olds so will prob still be a few years away from being real contenders... But I'm liking what I'm seeing and would love something sooner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Play with the sort of tenacity we showed yesterday, and with more experience in our kids and anything is possible.

Oh, and teach Kurt Tippett to kick...

The talent is there. We beat Geelong, St Kilda and Fremantle, as well as being very unlucky against Collingwod and the Bulldogs. We can match it with all of the current top 5 sides. We also lost a LOT of games through bad goalkicking. If we can find some accuracy, we can pencil in a few more wins, which would have us in the finals. Finally, despite the exodus, we've got plenty of good players we can expect more from next year. Otten will be a very handy addition, Moran will help our ruck stocks (even if I'm not a massive fan,) Vince, Porplyzia, Mackay and Knights (assuming he stays) all performed WELL below their best. Add to that the improvement we can expect from our young blokes. All that we need is a better run with injuries. We were on the back foot from the start this year. Hopefully this PS goes a bit better. At the very least, we've got a 2 week head start on last year :D
We'll be inconsistent, but, with a less unlucky injury run, I'm hoping we can finish 6th or so.

Injuries will be the key. Have the same run as this year with reduced depth and we could finish 14th. A good run and continued development of the younger players anywhere between 6-8. The issue will be consitency.

This thread may be better if it was done after trade week so that we know who is on our list and other clubs lists. (or even after the drafts are over too)

A while back, when we were asked to predict where Adelaide would finish the season, I said 12th, and said that mainly I wanted to see the kids get wins -- wins away, back to back wins ... and next year, I want them to get finals wins.

So I had to predict fifth, in order for us to get a home game and at least one finals win, without seeming too optimistic. Heh.

Very hard one to pick this time around.

You were in the top 8 for goals against but only 50 points short of being 16th for goals scored (tad over 2 points per game). :eek:
You do have talent coming through but some serious quality going out as well.

IMO next year will depend on Craig and his plan for the year more than any other year in recent past.
If he goes for goals, 5th - 12th but with happy supporters. If he goes for low scoring games, 5th to 12th with cheesed off supporters calling for his head. The year after that you lot should improve some more.

I'm predicting we'll scrape into the finals, so either 7th or 8th IMO:thumbsu:.

We are a young and inexperienced side so a home final may be a bit of a stretch, although if we play like we did on Saturday then anything is possible.

If we have another awful run with injuries then I'm fairly certain we'll be bottom four. If we have a dream run with injuries and only need to use 28 players then I think we can seriously push top 4, but I expect us to fall short of that and get knocked out in the first week of the finals.

So much can change in the off season though...remember this time last year when everybody thought West Coast would be the big improver and potentially slot into the eight???

all i know for sure is, we won't finish first and we won't finish last.
it will also depend on our injury run and if our longer term injuries from this year recover well for pre-season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back