So who are we going for in the Grand Final ?

Who are we going for in the 2021 Grand Final ?

• The Bulldogs

• The Dees

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

What happened with Boyd?

I don't know the details, that's what I've heard here on the forum and a couple of other places, but I think Stringer was the worst culprit; he shat in Boyd's locker apparently - not hard to believe. I think they axed Dal and String because of their behaviour, and Libba was skating on thin ice with his off-field antics, but being the son of a Bulldog legend was given an ultimatum and a second chance. They all look like flogs IMO, but Lib is still there, so maybe he's not that bad anymore.

I don't mind either team, but I'm firmly on the Melbourne bandwagon for this one.

Best team all year, strong across every line, long premiership drought, very low lows over the last 20 years and playing a decent brand of football. I think it's nice to see consistency rewarded. It'd also be nice to see Hibberd win one.

I don't mind a Bulldogs flag either, but the SF win over Brisbane taints it a little for me. I don't believe they would've won if it wasn't for umpiring. It's a shame because I otherwise would have been happy with a Dogs premiership especially after disposing of Port like that. Still, we could do a lot worse than a Bulldogs flag so I guess it'll be all right as long as umps don't get involved.

Western B :oops:

Not sure - so go for Beveridge, Alex Keath & Schache's team

Last edited:
It is Melbourne for me.
They have been the top team for the majority of the season thus deserve it more.
Like their attacking game plan.
Dogs broke their drought in '16, it is Melbourne's turn now.
Do not like Liberatores..

I'm going for the Dogs, but a loss wouldn't be too bad provided it's a fair one. If we aren't good enough then that's fine, always next year. I have Dees family members and it would be great to see Neale Daniher, Ron Barassi, Max Gawn, Christian Petracca and others celebrate one. Not Gary Lyon though.
Sorry....what??

A loss wouldn't be too bad?? Your team may not make a GF again for many decades, you should be bitterly disappointed with a loss!!

Go Dogs!

Sorry....what??

A loss wouldn't be too bad?? Your team may not make a GF again for many decades, you should be bitterly disappointed with a loss!!

Go Dogs!

Helps that the drought has already been broken. I only asked for 1 premiership in my life and I got it. Nothing will top it, but yeah obviously I want us to win.

Three is better....trust me!
No doubt.
But if you ever have to lose a Premiership, Max Gawn and Neale Daniher getting some joy out of it would dull the pain a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Helps that the drought has already been broken. I only asked for 1 premiership in my life and I got it. Nothing will top it, but yeah obviously I want us to win.
I get that, Im still happy about 16. Obvs would love to have more in the cupboard, and this team looks like it could do that. If Melb win this year I wont be heart broken given weve got another decade at the top with most of the current squad. The difference between long time dogs fans and more successful clubs is our lack of expectation.

Having said that Im pretty confident (at this stage), we'll have a fully fit squad for the first time in a long time, love that Stef made it back, gonna love watching "How Goods Footy" Weightman and Bazlenka strutting their stuff on the biggest stage. The template we used last week which worked so well on Allir should work with Melbourne.

Quietly confident.

Wife is a Doggies supporter and father in law is Dees.
Have no issues with either side, although Bailey Smith and Clarry rub me up the wrong way, so I'll watch neutral and be happy for either of them.
I just hope it's a ripping game. It's shaping up to be a good one. A blowout either way will just be disappointing.

Incredibly lucky to have a ticket for the Grand Final, second one I’m attending as a neutral (the last being 2009). On one hand the Dees breaking the drought would be special, gutted for Jones but Neale Daniher seeing his team win would be heartwarming.

I’m good friends with a few relatives of Tim English so there’s that sentiment to see him win a flag, the Bulldogs have played some brilliant footy this year and they were incredible against Port.

We’re got a mouth-watering clash next Saturday night and fingers crossed it’s tight all the way. Definitely torn on who to throw my support behind. Not taking this chance for granted given so many Melbourne supporters have lived through tougher days than I have and both sets of membership bases being unable to attend by large. Great season from both clubs and whoever wins is deserving!

I’ll cherish this opportunity and let’s get back to 100,000 on a Saturday afternoon at the G next September.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

So who are we going for in the Grand Final ?

Back