So who do we draft thanks to 10 & 16?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it is highly unlikely we will trade with either of them. Knights has been given a contract renewal as the club trusts his development and faith in the younger players. Hopefully we get 2 handy midfielders

pick 10 - if john butcher slides that far i'd take him, otherwise its jake melksham for my liking.
pick 16 - dylan mcneil - i'm a big fan of this b.harvey/n.foley type.

i'm wondering if sydney would accept a trade of 16 + 26 for Pick 6. This way they might use pick 16 to trave for Fev etc whilst still retaining pick 26.

Just wait for bombersno1 to finish reading the Drafts and Trading Board and looking at you-tube highlights.

She should have an answer for us soon.

Assuming we keep them (and I hope we do, even if this draft isn't as strong as last year I think our recruiters are doing pretty we recently) I'd hope for something like this:

#10 - Lucas (on the off chance he drops to us), after that Tappscott if available, or Melksham would be my third choice. I'd expect one of them to be there.

#16 I hope Christiansen falls to here. Maybe I'm dreaming.

I know a fair bit about the draftees. I think we should take 2 midfielders with our first 2 picks.

Im hoping for Lucas at pick 10, thats a wish, more reality would be Tapscott. Who may be the HFF, robust midfielder we need. Is ready made. Also should consider Sheppard at this pick and Rohan if available.

Pick 16/17 whatever you want to call it should be K.Stevens. Alot have him going to the dons at pick 10, but he isnt the 10th best player in the draft. He should get through to our 16th pick.

Than with pick 26 take a tall/ruck. A.Black, Fitzpatrick, Vardy, Melksham, Griffiths, Panos or N.Fyfe. I think one of those will get through. Maybe even Donaldson.

Tapscott, Rohan, Jetta are on my wish list this christmas may change in the lead up tho as lots of doubt on Rohan

rohan will probably go top 5 or 6 so we won't get a look in. I'd rather take a younger kid than the over-age Lewis Jetta - we've got too many L.Jettas at the club as it is!

Tapscott I'd be content with but I think we're better off taking the local boy from Essendon Grammar - Jake Melksham. He's loaded with talent and would be unlikely to ever leave given he's from the area. If there's not much between them I'd go with the local boy.

I know a fair bit about the draftees. I think we should take 2 midfielders with our first 2 picks.

Im hoping for Lucas at pick 10, thats a wish, more reality would be Tapscott. Who may be the HFF, robust midfielder we need. Is ready made. Also should consider Sheppard at this pick and Rohan if available.

Pick 16/17 whatever you want to call it should be K.Stevens. Alot have him going to the dons at pick 10, but he isnt the 10th best player in the draft. He should get through to our 16th pick.

Than with pick 26 take a tall/ruck. A.Black, Fitzpatrick, Vardy, Melksham, Griffiths, Panos or N.Fyfe. I think one of those will get through. Maybe even Donaldson.

You're very wishful hoping for Lucas at pick 10 - I have him in my top 3 players! I'd be extremely happy to land him - only chance would be trading picks 16+26 for a top 6 pick but then could still miss.

There's no way Melksham will last until pick 26 IMO - he's definitely a first rounder and could go top ten.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope we trade one of these picks for a experienced player this week. I mean, we just lost 628 games of experience in Lovett, Lucas and Lloyd. Surely need to balance our team for next season.

You know it makes sense. I'm the Angry Bomber.

I really hope we trade one of these picks for a experienced player this week. I mean, we just lost 628 games of experience in Lovett, Lucas and Lloyd. Surely need to balance our team for next season.

BABY BOMBERS Vers II!!

Look it's not like we're pushing for a flag next year (or the year after even) especially now that we have lost all that experience.

Given the compromised draft for the next few years I'm going to be really annoyed if we trade all our best picks for washed up hacks.

Have you already forgotton Allan, Murphy, Campo and Zantuck??

Remove this Banner Ad

So who do we draft thanks to 10 & 16?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back