So who do you want in the PSD.

Remove this Banner Ad

If he's looking slow because of OP then he'll be a jet when he recovers, right?

188cm, great kick, good pace, above average in the air? You'd think that would've landed him in the national draft somewhere....Regardless, if he's been limited due to OP, perhaps we should nab him.

Tested poor for pace over past 2 yrs. 3.2 for 20m this year is extremely poor, especially for a non-KPP. Could have been in part because of OP but he doesnt strike me as the type that is explosive by nature. Quite laconic and rangey. Definitely not the sort WC need, ESPECIALLY after drafting Brennan.

Exactly what annoys me about the Brennan pick - would much prefer a Blayne Wilson in that role. Would prefer Hams, Chalwell, Cooyou, Ugle than Brennan. Committing to Brennan effectively lost us Ugle. I firmly believe the team underestimated the depth of this draft.

Exactly what annoys me about the Brennan pick - would much prefer a Blayne Wilson in that role. Would prefer Hams, Chalwell, Cooyou, Ugle than Brennan. Committing to Brennan effectively lost us Ugle. I firmly believe the team underestimated the depth of this draft.

Or conversely, heaven forbid,:eek: BF posters over estimate the draft and players nominating!:thumbsu:

Wouldn't mind Milera, Eades, Chalwell, Cooyou or I. Stevens. Maybe Andreoli. There are still pretty good options for the PSD and RD.

Question, what happened to Brabazon (spelling?), do you think he'll get picked up?

If we pick someone from the WAFL with our PSD I'll blow my stack. Regularly get beat by 100 points by SANFL and VFL would rather pick the best guy from these league's not drafted or the best AFL player not redrafted. At least we are then guaranteed that the player will be pushing for a spot in the team next year.

Right so because the VFL and SANFL are btter competitions means that a quality player can't exist in the WAFL...

I'm all for a big pass though.

Swannies, you've probably answered this a few times already but what are your thoughts on Jarrod Blight? He'd be a good chance at getting Hansen's spot for mine.

He's the one I suspect, for some reason. No inside knowledge, just what I suspect because we were keen a couple of years ago. He attacks the ball hard and takes the player on, can take a grab and has decent kicking skills (just there for us to ruin :p). Best off HBF or wing, IMO.

Something about Blight is so ungainly. He's quick when he gets going but at other times he trots along looking very unbalanced.

Just an observation though, I still rate him ok and would be happy if we picked him up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep looks like a mini Seaby...a young giraffe learning to stand up.
I think it is a done deal. Houlihan appeared to do the right thing by accepting the delisting and not nominating for the deaft and I think the club was not real keen on losing him but needed to free up room for the draft. They will pick him up on PSD and use the 3 rookie picks. Hopefully pick up some like Eades or Milera (sounds close enough to Matera) and then maybe Wilson and perhaps Brabazon.

TAke Anthony he is still young has proven himself and could develop into a tarrant type playing both forward and back.

He's the one I suspect, for some reason. No inside knowledge, just what I suspect because we were keen a couple of years ago. He attacks the ball hard and takes the player on, can take a grab and has decent kicking skills (just there for us to ruin :p). Best off HBF or wing, IMO.

Whats your opinion on Isiah Stevens Swannies ?

Seems a perfect rookie type to take a chance on, also knows how to kick a goal.

Right so because the VFL and SANFL are btter competitions means that a quality player can't exist in the WAFL...

I'm all for a big pass though.

Amazing how sheltered this board is.
* Better competition = more likely to have better player
* Compare and contrast mature aged draft picks from VFL, SANFL and WAFL over the last few years and see where the quality is coming from
* I know you can't just look at Barlow but look where he was picked up and he was the stand out player in the VFL. Just seems you guys have these massively over-rated opinions of WAFL players who can't even dominate at this level. Masten played like a 3 legged dog for most the season and racked up 38 touches in the WAFL, Hanson kicked 24 goals in a month... WAFL form counts for very little, unless you are the absolute stand out performer.

If he's looking slow because of OP then he'll be a jet when he recovers, right?

188cm, great kick, good pace, above average in the air? You'd think that would've landed him in the national draft somewhere....Regardless, if he's been limited due to OP, perhaps we should nab him.

Either way he can play. Suprised he's not gone in the National Draft and hopefully Woodhouse agrees.

* Compare and contrast mature aged draft picks from VFL, SANFL and WAFL over the last few years and see where the quality is coming from
* I know you can't just look at Barlow but look where he was picked up and he was the stand out player in the VFL. Just seems you guys have these massively over-rated opinions of WAFL players who can't even dominate at this level. Masten played like a 3 legged dog for most the season and racked up 38 touches in the WAFL, Hanson kicked 24 goals in a month... WAFL form counts for very little, unless you are the absolute stand out performer.

So uh, where did hams and strijk come from mate?

While the overall quality of the competition is higher in the sanfl and the vfl i actually think because of our generally larger grounds wafl players in general while not being as hard or as fit do tend to have better footskills.

So uh, where did hams and strijk come from mate?

While the overall quality of the competition is higher in the sanfl and the vfl i actually think because of our generally larger grounds wafl players in general while not being as hard or as fit do tend to have better footskills.

So Phil, what are the rules PSD & Rookie drafts ... I dont know & most posters here clearly dont either.

Hope you dont quote the AFL site, cos i dont think they know?

Raw statistic comparisons are totally pointless.

Application at the highest level is all that counts, what competition they come from is not relevant in the slightest and the form they produce at state level is hard to quantify.

Why do you think Myles Sewell who dominates the VFL hasn't been drafted? and why has Strijk a player of relative obscurity has been so successful and is a potential AFL star?

Sadly for you guys, Brennan could easily have been picked up with your last rookie pick. Freeing up the options to use either your 4th on someone else or; if in the event Brennan was planned to be picked up in the RD you may have kept your 3rd rounder & picked up Ugle.

Pick Andreoli, Cooyou and Gugliamana and make all the folk in Carnarvon happy.

Seriously though, Andreoli fell off the draft radar very quickly. He was being touted as a top 30 pick. Collingwod are into Cooyou in a big way and Gugs is a very solid player. Perhaps a little Hams like in his attitude. You could do worse.

There is nothing wrong with picking guys from the WAFL. Getting beaten by more mature players from the VFL and SANFL means the WAFL is providing opportunities for the younger un-drafted guys.

We, at Hawthorn, were delighted with Ben Stratton...Daniel Chick, Craig Treleven etc

Remove this Banner Ad

So who do you want in the PSD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back