Song Contest Part IX, Host: NinjaSwan Theme: Summer. Jet Skis Due: 10PM AEDT Wensday

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Either way they are ******* shit

They are good live, saw them at a rock festival years ago and that's when I became a fan of theirs, one of those bands that are better live than on record.

Plugger missed his chance to nom this

Doesn't really fit the theme as the "slice" isn't referring to slicing people, that's one of the reasons I didn't nom Cut Me Down as it's a metaphorical cut.

They are good live, saw them at a rock festival years ago and that's when I became a fan of theirs, one of those bands that are better live than on record.

Doesn't really fit the theme as the "slice" isn't referring to slicing people, that's one of the reasons I didn't nom Cut Me Down as it's a metaphorical cut.

It wouldn't matter. The word is there. We had this discussion recently about artist's intent vs viability for a theme.

It wouldn't matter. The word is there. We had this discussion recently about artist's intent vs viability for a theme.

I'd value the artists intent personally in this case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still would have nommed Cut Me Down as it's a brilliant song that fit the theme but the song I nommed fit the theme better.

Lloyd Cole is one of the great lyricists, he's even better than Bono in terms of writing lyrical poetry.

Compare that to the sort of dross Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift write.

I still would have nommed Cut Me Down as it's a brilliant song that fit the theme but the song I nommed fit the theme better.

Lloyd Cole is one of the great lyricists, he's even better than Bono in terms of writing lyrical poetry.

Compare that to the sort of dross Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift write.

Rattlesnakes is a ****ing great record.

A theme like this wouldn't be complete without spam like this....

During my time here, you are the only person I've seen care about the artists intentions.

Songs are art and art can be interpreted differently.

During my time here, you are the only person I've seen care about the artists intentions.

Songs are art and art can be interpreted differently.

Good counterpoint

Just curious how someone justified 'Lone Bird' being part of the (title) theme?! Cool song but the only thing I can think of is being pecked to death by a bird lol.

Cause and effect of cuts and bruises. I'd say the nommer is a Hitchcock fan.

hitchcok-the-birds-243x180.jpg

Rattlesnakes is a ******* great record.

A great song too.

I nommed that back in Round 179 for a measly 11 botes, robbed.

Also nommed this Lloyd Cole classic back in Round 186 for 19 botes and a moral podium.

I'm the only person to nom Lloyd Cole in this contest which is shameful for everyone else here.

Speaking of, I saw this recently (possibly because I'm out of the loop)

They'll never top their treadmill video, they're just trying too hard now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back