Song Contest Part XVI, Host: The Filth Wizard, Theme: How Do I Title This?, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You call Kanye the most overrated musician in history then give Foo Fighters 4 votes. C'mon man.

I mean he also voted for George Ezra.

Well I was going to go on and rave about how I gave you 5 and how Wasting Light is such a great and probably overlooked album but I don't think I will now.
Yeah, I loved it too, especially the Lemmy cameo. I was scraping the bottom of the barrel just to stay involved in the round

I must admit, I was surprised at how good that Foo Fighters song was. I find most of their post-90's stuff is pretty crappy, not a fan, but they wound back the clock with 'White Limo' song. I might even give 'Wasting Light' another listen.

I'm fairly certain not many voters bothered to listen to to 'White Limo', but that's what happens with dodgy themes & shit playlists.
People can't be arsed... which is fair enuff...

I'd say that I'm in with the winner, but I don't exactly have much confidence after the lukewarm reception for Kim Dotcom. I suppose all you ingrates never used Megaupload? Brings me, a true fan, goosebumps to this day.

You call Kanye the most overrated musician in history then give Foo Fighters 4 votes. C'mon man.
Didn't vote for Foo Fighters. Voted for White Limo - closest sound to Nirvana I've heard from them - raw, loud, angry instead of the FM radio diluted rock they tend to dish up.
And nobody is more undeservedly lauded than Kanye.

If we changed the rules for last round so the video with the most celeb cameos won like it should have been, I think I would have won.
Dunno man that Beastie Boys video had a shitload

I'd say that I'm in with the winner, but I don't exactly have much confidence after the lukewarm reception for Kim Dotcom. I suppose all you ingrates never used Megaupload? Brings me, a true fan, goosebumps to this day.
i LIKE YOUR TASTE, BUT THAT WAS SHITE

Didn't vote for Foo Fighters. Voted for White Limo - closest sound to Nirvana I've heard from them - raw, loud, angry instead of the FM radio diluted rock they tend to dish up.
And nobody is more undeservedly lauded than Kanye.
See:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never heard of him. Nice deep voice. Is he "uncool"? That's what happens when you don't listen to radio - you can be objective.

I've never heard of him. Nice deep voice. Is he "uncool"? That's what happens when you don't listen to radio - you can be objective.

He's a bland FM voice that you just complained about FF being.

Better make it dad-rock to make BOO happy
I like all kinds of music

It's just a numbers game, mate. The more open the theme, the better chance we have of 15 to 20 of us picking songs worth listening to

That last round was just a lame google fest of bad top 40 music. What's the point?

Did anyone here actually enjoy the round?

I skipped over most of the googled whores. I had no desire to listen "What Goes Around", "Touch the Sky" or "1979" again.

5. Sia - Elastic Heart (great pop song & clip)
4. One Night Only - Say You Don't Want It (guilty pleasure, wanted to skip, but I liked it)
3. Gummy Boy - Don't Leave
2. Anthrax - Safe Home
1. Pat Wilson - Bop Girl (always DETESTED this song, but I'll pay the bad nostalgia and the young Nicole Kidman cameo)

Billy: Gorillaz - Humility (this one did the least for me of those I bothered to listen to...)

Last edited:
Worst songs of 2020?

My shortlist so far includes Eminem's track with Ed Sheeran, Justin Beiber's 'Yummy', and 'If My Bong Could Talk' by Dune Rats. Won't link them because they don't deserve it.

I like all kinds of music

It's just a numbers game, mate. The more open the theme, the better chance we have of 15 to 20 of us picking songs worth listening to

That last round was just a lame google fest of bad top 40 music. What's the point?

Did anyone here actually enjoy the round?
I enjoy pretty much every round. Usually find a song or two that I can save to my liked songs

I skipped over most of the googled whores. I had no desire to listen "What Goes Around", "Touch the Sky" or "1979" again.
Please don't include those 2 mainstream pop classics in the same list as 1979.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back