Song Contest Part XVI, Host: The Filth Wizard, Theme: How Do I Title This?, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since we kind of just had a theme related to a form of football, let’s go with the second theme.

Any songs with a reference to riots/protests/police brutality. Can be in the artist, title or just the general theme of the song.

No previous podiums

And

Here comes 30 RATM songs

No artist double ups.

Noms due Monday 10pm

So why is it so absurd that people don't appreciate Waits' songs because of something actually related to the music?
Because songs have numerous elements that, in this case all get ignored because he doesnt sing with a smooth pretty voice. If I put the lyrics and sheet music in front of you how do you judge the song based purely on whoever's singing it?

Because songs have numerous elements that, in this case all get ignored because he doesnt sing with a smooth pretty voice. If I put the lyrics and sheet music in front of you how do you judge the song based purely on whoever's singing it?

To be fair, you gotta have a really high IQ to understand Tom Waits...:

So why is it so absurd that people don't appreciate Waits' songs because of something actually related to the music?
Don't you get upset when people haven't understood the message of a song you nommed.

To be fair, you gotta have a really high IQ to understand Tom Waits...:
Ears, the willingness to actually listen, an open mind, and the ability to appreciate things outside of the norm. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back