Song Contest Part XVI, Host: ???, Theme:???, Noms Due: ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
EJW destroyed SM and pretentiousness last round but now a new challenger has appeared. Predictability! Aided by Harvey, these two will run riot if not for EJW.

Will EJW come out on top? Will Harvey get bored before a resolution is met? Will this "argument" take up 2 useless pages?

Find out on the next episode of Song Contest Nerds Z!

You've taken it a step to far and assumed that I was following this conversation, therego I must be drunk.

I threw a bunch of words together designed to invoke a response

Yakker is the one who should be proud
74% proud old mate 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

During its recording, someone played the piano correctly.
If we assume that the gentleman sat at the pianola and pressed the keys himself, then yes. But what about the possibility that he hooked a roll onto his pianola, pumped the foot pedals for a while, and then flicked a switch? In this case he has operated a machine, not played an instrument.

1. Why does he feel the need to point out the use of a pianola?

2. Why has he not filmed himself playing the pianola when his YouTube channel has many videos of him playing guitar.

3. If indeed he is the performer, he is a terrible pianist who needs to learn the difference between piano and forte.

4. I'm probably wrong because somebody as astute as yourself wouldn't be duped into voting for a machine.

Mine too. That's the sort of shit Plugger spams on a monthly rotation. F---ing horrible song.
Yep. Hated the ****ing thing at the time and the passing of the years has only made it sound even worse now. Worse than cringeworthy. I forced myself to listen to up to the start of the second verse to remind myself how atrocious a song it is.

Speaking of my crevice;

5 - The Kinks
4 - Scott Joplin
3 - Marvin Gaye
2 - Nick Cave
1 - The Lochy Doley Group

Billy - Chris De Burgh

("Old Man" by Neil Young would have definitely gotten votes from me, if it only had what the theme stipulated: piano or keyboards)

Huh? It was acoustic and ruined the flow of the original arrangement.
And was much worse than a song that didn't even have piano in it..

If we assume that the gentleman sat at the pianola and pressed the keys himself, then yes. But what about the possibility that he hooked a roll onto his pianola, pumped the foot pedals for a while, and then flicked a switch? In this case he has operated a machine, not played an instrument.

1. Why does he feel the need to point out the use of a pianola?

2. Why has he not filmed himself playing the pianola when his YouTube channel has many videos of him playing guitar.

3. If indeed he is the performer, he is a terrible pianist who needs to learn the difference between piano and forte.

4. I'm probably wrong because somebody as astute as yourself wouldn't be duped into voting for a machine.
I voted for the music. The music was originally played on a piano - the pianola is the record player, the roll is the vinyl. If someone had played The Entertainer on a record and recorded it with a mic, you'd still hear the original recording wouldn't you? The Entertainer is a magnificent piece of music. I didn't read. I didn't have to. I listened.

Please don't yell at me
HE WASN'T YELLING. HE JUST STYLES HIS POSTS IN THAT WAY.

I THINK I'M GONNA DO THE SAME.

IT JUST MAKES LIFE SIMPLER. ONE LESS THING TO THINK ABOUT. (NO NEED TO USE SHIFT KEY)

BUT I WOULD LIKE YOU TO IMAGINE ME STANDING 100M AWAY WITH HANDS CUPPED AROUND MY MOUTH AND YELLING REEEEEEALLY SLOWLY

IT JUST MAKES LIFE SIMPLER. ONE LESS THING TO THINK ABOUT. (NO NEED TO USE SHIFT KEY)

BUT I WOULD LIKE YOU TO IMAGINE ME STANDING 100M AWAY WITH HANDS CUPPED AROUND MY MOUTH AND YELLING REEEEEEALLY SLOWLY
Still going, hey.

ITS BETTER THIS WAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back