Song Contest Part XVI, Host: ???, Theme:???, Noms Due: ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In honour of my impending entry into the Hall of Legends for competing in 50 rounds in a row, it is only right that we have a round that is close to my heart. I was pretty clear about it coming up too when my inevitable victory was still impending, so here it is. To my knowledge we have never, not even once, had a round dedicated to a single band or artist.

That changes now, as we honour Australia's greatest ever band (fact).

The theme for this round is MIDNIGHT OIL.

The song you nominate must be a song performed by Midnight Oil, the band. No covers of their stuff, nothing by a side or solo project of one of the members.

The following songs are not permitted due to being previous podiums/having been nominated twice or more: Beds Are Burning (4 nominations), Don't Wanna Be the One (1 win), Dreamworld (1 win, 2 nominations), Short Memory (2 nominations), Sleep (2 nominations), The Dead Heart (1 podium, 2 nominations), The Power and the Passion (1 win, 2 nominations) and When the Generals Talk (1 podium). Any other song of theirs is fair game.

Noms due 10 PM AWST (1 AM Tuesday AEDT) as I will be elsewhere earlier in the evening and I'm not getting on BF early the next day just for you eastern staters.

I look forward to the spreadsheet being filled with many more Oils songs for future generations to appreciate.
Everything a theme shouldn't be. Pass.

Indeed, if we can't nom Backsliders....
Even genre themes allow for some diversity. A band theme? Not even a band's songs theme? Next level alright. Subterranean.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if the kids playing along at home can figure out whether a cover of a disallowed song would be accepted or not :think:
Aido2203 is Peter Garrett's Minecraft account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back