Song Contest Part XVII, Host: Riviat, Theme: Greek Mythology/Supernatural, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Natasha Bedingfield "Throughout the 1990s and early 2000s, Bedingfield composed and recorded songs for the Hillsong London Church"

Well that's not great.

Hmm...was one I took off my potential noms list because I thought she was mainstream in Australia😂
You might want to confirm with a contestant that actually has a clue about the musical landscape in Australia though. 4/5 votes from me though.

You might want to confirm with a contestant that actually has a clue about the musical landscape in Australia though. 4/5 votes from me though.

Maybe I’ll stick with Bosnian disco.

I don't know, you'd have to ask her.

But seriously, I just find Hillsong to be grubby. any religious organisation that deals with that much money and opulence has missed the point in my books, and that's without even getting into the real dirty stuff, but I feel pretty close to the subject and will take any chance to whinge about their corruption so I probably shouldn't be listened to.

I wish these guys would come back. Even if only to say the band is done. They drop one of the best grind albums ever then radio silence.

Hmm...was one I took off my potential noms list because I thought she was mainstream in Australia😂
Oh who cares. Nom what you like. People who turn their nose up at something because it's too mainstream are the worst.

Man her vocals are brutal. Would be good to see her front an interesting band.

Very interesting. Vocals might be a grower. Soundscape pleasing.

This might be the most wholesome banger I've heard. Been on steady rotation for the last month. Favourite line is "let not evil tongues slander you in the village"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I take it everyone is giving 5 to Al Stewart.

This might be the most wholesome banger I've heard. Been on steady rotation for the last month. Favourite line is "let not evil tongues slander you in the village"

Loved it. I think that's Polish? The dancing was fantastic.

Loved it. I think that's Polish? The dancing was fantastic.
I was pretty close.... Turns out it's a Rusyn language folk song (language I've never heard of! An East Slavic language, it's sometimes considered a dialect of Ukrainian).
The song itself comes from the cross-border region of north-east Slovakia, south-east Poland and western Ukraine. You imagine that without borders separating them, all of the people in this cross-border area would likely share a lot in common in terms of language, ethnicity, common values, religion and culture.
The band Hrdza is from Slovakia :)

One of the best songs ever. Definitely the best cover ever. Never fails to get me moving and singing.

This song was particularly big around my local area as she went to my high school.

I was pretty close.... Turns out it's a Rusyn language folk song (language I've never heard of! An East Slavic language, it's sometimes considered a dialect of Ukrainian).
The song itself comes from the cross-border region of north-east Slovakia, south-east Poland and western Ukraine. You imagine that without borders separating them, all of the people in this cross-border area would likely share a lot in common in terms of language, ethnicity, common values, religion and culture.
The band Hrdza is from Slovakia :)
Yeah they've got a few folky songs from that area, most pretty focussed on not giving the village a chance to slander you. I've been really enjoying their work as of late.

Did you go to school in the UK then? Lucky... Depending on your point of view.
Have you seen Trainspotting? It's pretty much a TFW biopic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back