Song Contest Part XVII, Host: Riviat, Theme: Greek Mythology/Supernatural, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

5. Techno fan (I was certain this was SM or Loonerty's nom Elton Johns Wig lol)
4. Take the power back
3. Bury it
2. Something good
1. Exit sign
Billy: Slave to love

Anyone like any of these #themeideas or have any others?
  • hardcore
  • posthumous releases
  • tracks before their time
  • spoken word (has this been done?)
No to hardcore (a whole playlist of that would be too much), maybe to posthumous (we had that a few years ago but there MAY be enough for a redux), the third one seems way too complex and the last would also be a redux (but should have plenty of options).

Oooohh please hardcore
Sure, why not?

Theme is hardcore. Genre doesn't necessarily have to be hardcore, just something about the song. Far-fetched noms with ridiculous justifications not only welcomed, but encouraged. Noms due at the usual time and then I'll post them when I can be ****ed.

I dislike all of those options and present my theme:
Artists born in the 21st century.
Artists that young must have hardcore talent.

I dislike all of those options and present my theme:
Artists born in the 21st century.
Finally a chance to nom my experimental Hypnagogic pop song composed entirely of sound bites from lizards!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depending on restriction Sswans puts on hardcore it could be quite a varied playlist with some creative interpretation of hardcore.

5: Stevie Wonder - Pastime Paradise GreyCrow
4: CHVURCHES - Bury It ft Hayley Williams Agent93
3: Maggie Rogers - Light On MWPP
2: The xx - On Hold SarahSmiles
1: Alt-J - Something Good Marklar_33

BM: The Cure - Us or Them Drunkgoliath

Thanks more generally, I’d had a tough time (work mainly) when I nommed Elton and happy it got the support.

Congrats SSwans2011 , good song!

BOTES:

5:
John Butler Trio - "Peaches & Cream" <-- always loved this song, great live performance spookism
4: Glide - "Caterwaul" <-- ChappyUK has good taste in music :D
3: Alt-J - "Something Good" <-- the piano was sooo good Marklar_33
2: ween - "Tried And True" <-- loved that 'sitar' sound (not sure if it was a real sitar or not) SSwans2011
1: Phoenix - "Too Young" <-- classic Phoenix, bit of nostalgia TubbsFarquhar

BM: Rage Against The Machine - "Take The Power Back" Sterge

That was hard to vote... I had 11 shortlisted!

Some wonderful explanations to get songs in that you otherwise wouldn't expect in this playlist.

Frustrating. People should just play the theme with a straight bat.

Hardcore makes me think it's going to be a playlist with metal heads yelling lol.... Someone educate me on this genre.
Typically there's a bit of a rivalry between metal heads and hardcore dudes. The metal heads say the hardcore dudes are too soft and the hardcore dudes say the metal heads are ways too serious and cheesy. There is a fair amount of overlap, but they are more like siblings who don't like each other than mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back