Song Contest Part XVII, Host: Riviat, Theme: Greek Mythology/Supernatural, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genghis Tron

3879f0cc6974c5f6f77a1098a51762ac.gif

I wanted to do a research round, but I wasn't expecting a win and didn't think of anything. So......

Theme is: Favourite Virgins

basically a free for all, nominate one of your favourite bands/artists that have yet to be nominated. I guess its just a virgin redux.

I'll be checking, but I've missed noms in the spreadsheet before so if you get one past me its all good.

Noms due 10pm AEST.

Not sure if I'm forgetting anything.

Prepare for #worsthostever

#themeideas

Dedicate a song to someone from the SC past or present
Long distance
Songs with fantastic outros/second halves

I like to keep my theme ideas myself so I can run them when I win.

So taking in consideration the length of those ideas and how well I go in this competition, I'll get through them sometime in 2035.

I like to keep my theme ideas myself so I can run them when I win.

So taking in consideration the length of those ideas and how well I go in this competition, I'll get through them sometime in 2035.
Haha I don't mind if someone steals one of my ideas. But yes I know what you mean :p

I'm not claiming they're innovators though and actually they're a weird pick considering they have produced two albums that are reasonably similar (the first two) and then four which are quite different.

If I played a song like The View From The Afternoon then, say, Star Treatment, to someone who had never heard them before I'd be surprised if they immediately knew it was the same band.
And yet all blues sounds the same to you?

5: Bearies Alive- Berried Alive
4: Mannish Boy - Muddy Waters
3: Magneto - Messer Chups
2: Cigarette Daydreams - Cage the Elephant
1: Evil Woman - ELO
Billy: Friends - Flume

And yet all blues sounds the same to you?
Maybe I was exaggerating a bit with that.
But that particular song used the same riff throughout with pretty much nothing else aside from a little bit at the start.
I just went through and counted because I have no life. 85 times that "DA NANA NA NA" riff played. 85.
There was a little bit more guitar in there at the end, a few mini-solos I guess you'd call them and it got louder toward the end.

But the vast bulk was that one riff. And it's a riff I've certainly heard countless times before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wanted to do a research round, but I wasn't expecting a win and didn't think of anything. So......

Theme is: Favourite Virgins

basically a free for all, nominate one of your favourite bands/artists that have yet to be nominated. I guess its just a virgin redux.

I'll be checking, but I've missed noms in the spreadsheet before so if you get one past me its all good.

Noms due 10pm AEST.

Not sure if I'm forgetting anything.

Prepare for #worsthostever
Is there somewhere we can see a list of previous nominations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back